August Power Outage! Where are the Boston Dirtdogs in the Dog Days of Summer?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

August Power Outage! Where are the Boston Dirtdogs in the Dog Days of Summer?

August BA

D'Mac.                     .143
    Tek.                         .143
    Lowrie                    .143
    Salty                       .162
    Yuke                       .209
    Reddick                  .238
    Ells.                         .258
    A-Gon.                    .267
    Crawford                .271
    Pedey                     .276

Avilles                    .300
    Scutaro                  .355
    Papi                        .348

Time for our boys to turn things around!  We are too good a hitting team to continue at this pace in August!!!  We do need to see a little urgency with whom we put on the field!!!!

Love the guy personally, but D'Mac CAN NOT BE the guy we look to for help in the outfield.  It's time to give up the ghost on this!!!

Lowrie's looking pretty weak at the plate since coming back!

Scutaro has EARNED the SS spot back.  His hitting has been good, & even his fielding has been VERY solid!  Very proud of the way he has scraped his way back after the injury!!!  Definite DIRTDOG!  & I was really hammering him early on in the season!  Sorry Scut!!!

Avilles???   Not bad at the plate, but shaky at 3B!

BTW!!!  Where the Hell is J.D. Drew???  Is the hangnail still bothering him.  We could actually use him to back up OUR GUYS in the OF!

Papi??  Let's pray to God this is not serious!!!

The rest of the guys will get out of their slumps SOOOOOOON!!!!!!!

OK!  Done B!#ching!!!!  WE WILL TURN THIS AROUND!!!!    

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

Re: August Power Outage! Where are the Boston Dirtdogs in the Dog Days of Summer?

Austin Powers is awsome, but I didn't no he was a dirtdog

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Re: August Power Outage! Where are the Boston Dirtdogs in the Dog Days of Summer?

After July outburst some correction was to be expected, but the offense falling off a cliff is a bit extreme. K.C. with its weak pitching could be the medicine for their sick bats.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Lavarnaway called up/Youk to the DL

posted at 8/18/2011 2:32 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=5646bec2933ed45fcca0dd8ec2171a54&plckUserId=5646bec2933ed45fcca0dd8ec2171a54">
    First: 4/12/2005
    Last: 8/18/2011
    Today's lineup:

Jacoby Ellsbury,CF
    Dustin Pedroia,2b
    Adrian Gonzalez,1b
    help
    Help
    Help!
    Oh My God, Help us!!
    For the Love of God, HELP!!!!
    HEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLPPPPP!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Crawford's August BA is really impressing me. He looked sharp against Tampa. 20M a year looks like another Epstein steal. Lock of Ellsbury for 160 M over 9 years and the outfield will be set for the next decade.

Youk, Pedroia and Ortiz are all the slugging there is v. LHP. Even with a tiny PA sample from Reddick, the OF is a near zero in that department. With Youk and Ortiz on the shelf, Pedroia is the little engine with no slugging help v. LHP. Epstein balanced the OF construction, brilliantly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: August Power Outage! Where are the Boston Dirtdogs in the Dog Days of Summer?:
    Crawford's August BA is really impressing me. He looked sharp against Tampa. 20M a year looks like another Epstein steal. Lock of Ellsbury for 160 M over 9 years and the outfield will be set for the next decade. Youk, Pedroia and Ortiz are all the slugging there is v. LHP. Even with a tiny PA sample from Reddick, the OF is a near zero in that department. With Youk and Ortiz on the shelf, Pedroia is the little engine with no slugging help v. LHP. Epstein balanced the OF construction, brilliantly.
    Posted by softylaw

Wow Softy!  This is the calmest post I've ever seen from you!  :)

Don't tell me you're going "soft?"  :)

Nice to see that "compassionate Conservative" side rear it's head.

Although I hate the way you say most things, I will return the civility & say you've had a few decent points mixed in with all the vitriol.

Lowrie???  OK....  He really does seem "soft."  Too many injuries.

Tek???  Hey!  He's getting old...  BUT!!!  I still say he's been invaluable in bringing Salty along & giving the "breathing room" needed to survive in Boston.  Especially after the horrible start.  The two have combined to make a pretty formidable catching combo!

Wake???  I get it.  a lot of short sighted fair weather Boston fans just don't get the fact that you can't have an ace 1 - 6.....  It's OK!  Lots of you pink hat fans feel the same way about Wake.  Since you've only been a Sox fan??? for 8 - 9 months, you can't possibly understand what he means to us die hard FANS:)
    The quality spot starts!  The innings eating!  etc.  etc. 

Crawford?  NOBODY's gonna argue that his was a quality cost effective signing!
    BUT!!!!   We'll keep on rooting for him, & hope he settles in to AT LEAST his CAREER AVERAGES (we know how you respect those!!!  RIGHT!?!?)   

Ells???  Well....  Nobody's perfect.  Let's just say, "you're out of your mind on that one!"  I don't get it, but there's something about him that made you lose your mind???  This is a kid who has WORKED his way into becoming a probable All-Star for many years to come!!!  Getting better every year, with a great deal of UP side.  I will agree with you, that being a "dumb kid," he often does a poor job on the basepads.  He'll mature & learn!!!  THEN watch out!!!!  He will also make big gains in the outfield, where I think he is doing a solid job, with GREAT track down speed.  He will learn positioning over time, & be one of the best at CF!!!   :)  YOU DON'T AGREE!!!  WE GET IT!  You don't have to say it 50 different ways EVERY DAY!  Frankly, it just makes you sound a bit obsessed.

Anyway.....  This is a good start Softy!

If you could keep from seemlessly slipping into the race baiting with respect to some of our players, & stay away from the socio-political issues......  You could make a half decent BOSTON fan some day :)  I still believe you are a Yankee fan, bent on trying to make all Boston fans out to be know nothing racists???

Let's here you respond with your top 20 positive things about this year's Red Sox teams & the players, without slipping into the race baiting?????

*  I'd bet $100.00 you can't do it.  OK OK.......  "betting!  another misplaced value!"  Got it!  :)   :)

Have a good day Softy :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

a probable All-Star for many years to come!!! Getting better every year, with a great deal of UP side.

2010 wasnt getting better, it was an MIA year.

Agon is the difference maker, not Ellsbury. Take away Ellsbury and you get the same Agon. Take away Agon and you get current Padres dynamic.

Adam Jones was a probable AS for many years to come.

Carl Crawford was a probable AS for many years to come, if one is stupid.

Race is an integral part of federalism and current social narrative. It is the great bugaboo of the hypocritical Leftist elite.

There is no such thing as a compassionate conservative, but there are a lot of patronizing and pontificating shills. Like you, for instance. You would be starving if your living came from acting.

I've been a Red Sox fan since 1967. You have been a bandwagon fan since "like that's really cool".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

In Response to August Power Outage! Where are the Boston Dirtdogs in the Dog Days of Summer?:
                                August BA D'Mac.                     .143 Tek.                         .143 Lowrie                    .143 Salty                       .162 Yuke                       .209 Reddick                  .238 Ells.                         .258 A-Gon.                    .267 Crawford                .271 Pedey                     .276 Avilles                    .300 Scutaro                  .355 Papi                        .348 Time for our boys to turn things around!  We are too good a hitting team to continue at this pace in August!!!  We do need to see a little urgency with whom we put on the field!!!! Love the guy personally, but D'Mac CAN NOT BE the guy we look to for help in the outfield.  It's time to give up the ghost on this!!! Lowrie's looking pretty weak at the plate since coming back! Scutaro has EARNED the SS spot back.  His hitting has been good, & even his fielding has been VERY solid!  Very proud of the way he has scraped his way back after the injury!!!  Definite DIRTDOG!  & I was really hammering him early on in the season!  Sorry Scut!!! Avilles???   Not bad at the plate, but shaky at 3B! BTW !!!  Where the Hell is J.D. Drew???  Is the hangnail still bothering him.  We could actually use him to back up OUR GUYS in the OF! Papi??  Let's pray to God this is not serious!!! The rest of the guys will get out of their slumps SOOOOOOON!!!!!!! OK!  Done B!#ching!!!!  WE WILL TURN THIS AROUND!!!!    
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog

if there is a god, i doubt he cares. i also doubt praying will get them out of their slump any sooner.
    about as stupid as praying for good weather.
    they do that in texas, the moron state.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Too little, too late.  This team peaked at the wrong time; July.   From here on out it's a dogfight, and the Yanks are way more loaded up for this than are the Sox.  Hope I'm way off, but the Sox will drop about 4-6 games behind the Yankees before this is all over.  And that's pretty much exactly where they were when the season was young.  Sox will win the WC and, hopefully, will beat the Yankees in the playoffs.  It's one of the only teams they can beat consistently. 

I was criticized for posting that the Sox will go around 2-6 on this current road trip, but I'm only being realistic.  Texas is going to kill this team without Ortiz and Youk.  And Gonzalez' numbers are sliding real fast...he had a great first half, and now he seems like he's done.  He hasn't hit a ball to the opposite field since the All Star break.  Virtually every pitch he hits is a ground ball to either first or second.  He'll still get his hits, but I'm willing to bet he hits maybe two more HRs before this season is over.  Any discussion of MVP should have died down by now.  Maybe he'll catch fire again; if he doesn't, this team will not advance in the playoffs.

They had a great season considering what happened out of the gate.  But injuries and summer doldrums have set in, and we already know how this story plays out.  Yankees will win the division. Fwiw, I doubt any AL team will beat Philly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: August Power Outage! Where are the Boston Dirtdogs in the Dog Days of Summer?:
    a probable All-Star for many years to come !!! Getting better every year, with a great deal of UP side. 2010 wasnt getting better, it was an MIA year. Agon is the difference maker, not Ellsbury. Take away Ellsbury and you get the same Agon. Take away Agon and you get current Padres dynamic. Adam Jones was a probable AS for many years to come. Carl Crawford was a probable AS for many years to come, if one is stupid. Race is an integral part of federalism and current social narrative. It is the great bugaboo of the hypocritical Leftist elite. There is no such thing as a compassionate conservative, but there are a lot of patronizing and pontificating shills. Like you, for instance. You would be starving if your living came from acting. I've been a Red Sox fan since 1967. You have been a bandwagon fan since "like that's really cool".
    Posted by softylaw

Wow Softy!  You have gone soft...  More points of agreement.  A-Gon is a difference maker! :)  Ells???  You're still hung up about being so wrong about him.... I get it!  It's tough to admit you could be so wrong.  Every BASEBALL fan in the country would love to have this kid as THEIR leadoff hitter & CF'r.  No problem!  You're simply blind to his current & growing value!  Crawford?  I never thought he was "an All-Star" per say, but I was excited to get him none the less.  So far???  He's not living up to the hype, but I'm HOPEFUL that he will at least settle into his career stats???  Let's hope he can get "comfortable" playing for Boston!!!  Tough market to struggle in!  Especially with the BIG CONTRACT that he will almost certainly never live up too.  I never would have signed him for that type of money!!!  As far as race goes???  I agree that the far Left is very hypocritical with regard to race, but I don't get how that excuses your constant race baiting with regard to our players???  YOU take every oportunity imaginable, like your idol Al Sharpton, to inject race into the conversation, i.e. Dice-K, Oki, Crawford, Papi, D'Mac, Cameron, etc. etc.  For whatever reason, probably the fact that you are likely a Yankee fan & want to smear ALL BOSTON fans with the broad brush ad hominems, you like to pretend that Boston is still living in the 60's & 70's, & paint ALL BOSTON FANS as racists.  It's simply pathological, & intentionally provocative!  Not to mention WEIRD!!!  I DON'T KNOW A SINGLE RED SOX FAN WHO THINKS ABOUT OUR PLAYERS IN SUCH A WAY.   Clearly, you & your limited group of friends do!  Have you ever won someone over with this type of divisive race baiting demagoguery?????   EVER????????  As for when you claim to have become a Red Sox Fan???  1967???  I was 4, & that is the first time I can remember wearing my Yazz shirt on the streets of Allston playing stick ball.  Good memories :)  Let's part on that possible point of agreement :)  Good luck, God bless, & chill out Softy :)  We are in desperate need of some unity in this country right now.  Even when I blast the heck out of your socio-political stuff, & feel I'm justified......  I end up feeling pretty cr@ppy, & counterproductive :(   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Too little, too late.  This team peaked at the wrong time; July.   From here on out it's a dogfight, and the Yanks are way more loaded up for this than are the Sox.  Hope I'm way off, but the Sox will drop about 4-6 games behind the Yankees before this is all over.  And that's pretty much exactly where they were when the season was young.  Sox will win the WC and, hopefully, will beat the Yankees in the playoffs.  It's one of the only teams they can beat consistently.  I was criticized for posting that the Sox will go around 2-6 on this current road trip, but I'm only being realistic.  Texas is going to kill this team without Ortiz and Youk.  And Gonzalez' numbers are sliding real fast...he had a great first half, and now he seems like he's done.  He hasn't hit a ball to the opposite field since the All Star break.  Virtually every pitch he hits is a ground ball to either first or second.  He'll still get his hits, but I'm willing to bet he hits maybe two more HRs before this season is over.  Any discussion of MVP should have died down by now.  Maybe he'll catch fire again; if he doesn't, this team will not advance in the playoffs. They had a great season considering what happened out of the gate.  But injuries and summer doldrums have set in, and we already know how this story plays out.  Yankees will win the division. Fwiw, I doubt any AL team will beat Philly.
    Posted by soups

Soups,

You are correct when considering our "challenges" with respect to pitching & key injuries!  BUT!!  I think we, (especially A-Gon, Pedey, Ells., Reddick, Salty / Tek, & Scut / Lowrie,) heat up again.  We pray for a speedy & healthy return for Papi & Yuke!!!!  The Yankees WILL NOT FADE!!!  BUT..... Neither will we!!!  It's gonna be a dogfight 'til the end!!!!  I agree they are better positioned right now for a run, but don't count us out just yet.  Beckett! :)  Lester!:)  Bedard will get stronger & go deeper!  Lester:) Has been SO MUCH BETTER!!!  Wake is due to get back on a roll....  A-Gon's first real slump!!!!  HE WILL BREAK OUT again!!!!!  TOO GOOD A HITTER to keep this up!

Hang in there big guy!!!  We'll get it going!!!!    :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

In Response to Re: August Power Outage! Where are the Boston Dirtdogs in the Dog Days of Summer? : Soups, You are correct when considering our "challenges" with respect to pitching & key injuries!  BUT!!  I think we, (especially A-Gon, Pedey, Ells., Reddick, Salty / Tek, & Scut / Lowrie,) heat up again.  We pray for a speedy & healthy return for Papi & Yuke!!!!  The Yankees WILL NOT FADE!!!  BUT..... Neither will we!!!  It's gonna be a dogfight 'til the end!!!!  I agree they are better positioned right now for a run, but don't count us out just yet.  Beckett! :)  Lester!:)  Bedard will get stronger & go deeper!  Lester:) Has been SO MUCH BETTER!!!  Wake is due to get back on a roll....  A-Gon's first real slump!!!!  HE WILL BREAK OUT again!!!!!  TOO GOOD A HITTER to keep this up! Hang in there big guy!!!  We'll get it going!!!!    :)
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog

i think redsoxdirtdog is a yankee fan.
    nobody else could post this kind of crapola.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: August Power Outage! Where are the Boston Dirtdogs in the Dog Days of Summer? : i think redsoxdirtdog is a yankee fan. nobody else could post this kind of crapola.
    Posted by theYAZZER

Wow!  You ahh wicked smaat!  Your powers of inferential comprehension are off the charts!  Way to sniff out a Yankee fan.  Thought I had everybody fooled, but clearly not someone of your unique cerebral diminution.

Dang!  :()

GO SOX!!!!!  We Yankee fans want you to win the A.L. East :) 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

We are in desperate need of some unity in this country right now

No, we are in desperate need of moral leadership and public rebuke of an indolent and morally bereft entitlement culture that has spent two generations of demanding something for nothing. Collectivism is the legacy of the lunatics of the sixties, a wrecking ball to family and a productive and civil society.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

We are in desperate need of some unity in this country right now No, we are desperate need of moral leadership and public rebuke of an indolent and morally bereft entitlement culture that has spent two generations of demanding something for nothing. Collectivism is the legacy of the lunatics of the sixties, a wrecking ball to family and a productive and civil society.
    Posted by softylaw

http://dailybail.com/home/must...ickhead-an.html

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

We are in desperate need of some unity in this country right now No, we are desperate need of moral leadership and public rebuke of an indolent and morally bereft entitlement culture that has spent two generations of demanding something for nothing. Collectivism is the legacy of the lunatics of the sixties, a wrecking ball to family and a productive and civil society.
    Posted by softylaw

Softy......  I'm scared!  There is actually NOTHING you wrote in this post that I can disagree with.

There is SO MUCH more to it than this with regard to our economic & ok, "moral problems" than this, BUT I don't want to spoil the little moment we just had.  :)

I just happen to think that middle of the road - right of center Democrats & Republicans could come together & get this country back on track with a little more "moral" civility.......   ????

However!  We should probably stick to the Red Sox in general!!!   :)

I hope we can agree that we both love this team.  You just happen to have some very warped, sick, & evil thoughts about some of our players...  :)  :)
    KIDDING Big Fella!!!   :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

I just happen to think that middle of the road - right of center Democrats & Republicans could come together & get this country back on track with a little more "moral" civility.

1. There are no right of center Democrats alive, much less in office.

2. Middle of the road is what served as the tippig point votes who created entitlements to start with.

Middle of the road creates wrecks and vacillating politically expedient pandering for votes.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I just happen to think that middle of the road - right of center Democrats & Republicans could come together & get this country back on track with a little more "moral" civility. 1. There are no right of center Democrats alive, much less in office. 2. Middle of the road is what served as the tippig point votes who created entitlements to start with. Middle of the road creates wrecks and vacillating politically expedient pandering for votes.
    Posted by softylaw

you misunderstand Softy...  I'm talking about ordinary people, not politicians, most of whom are right of center.  The silent majority who actually do see what's going on in the world & with our country with respect to "the entitlement society (world-wide)" & the coarsening of our culture.  We certainly don't get there by demonizing everyone on the other side.  Most on the far Left are seriously misguided as opposed to being evil.  I believe they actually want what's best for the country, as they see it, but simply do not see the logical conclusion to, let's say, their "socialistic" policies & socio-political leanings.  You're never going to convince anybody with sheer vitriol.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts