Aviles and Harden. Are the Red Sox done?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Aviles and Harden. Are the Red Sox done?

You'd have to assume that they are done with aquiring starting pitching.  They have plenty of bullpen depth so you'd have to think that they are unlikely to bulk up there.

Are they working to bring in another outfielder?  Could Aviles fit that role even though he's an infielder?  With Lowrie coming back, it's going to be hard to find a spot for him.

The Sox have yet to trade any of their core prospects in a deal.  Navarro's stock has been falling and Lars Anderson had minimal value left and didn't have a shot at playing for the Sox anyway.  Do the Sox make another push at an outfielder to compliment Reddick?

What are your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: Aviles and Harden. Are the Red Sox done?

I hope not.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Maybe a little tweak move for the OF or even the BP.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I think they still get a RH bat.I'm kind of surprised they didn't get Willingham along with Harden.But maybe someone like Francouer could still end up here. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

if we could pry matt thornton from chisox..i would be happy...nedd LH RP....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Wonder if they are going after Willingham as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortuee. Show Ortuee's posts

Our DL pitching staff starting to look real cool. Matsusaka,Buckholtz, Jenks, Hill, and now Harden...no...way cool.

On the flip side, we need more relief help..........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

I like having Lowrie and Aviles backing up the infield, giving the starters lots of rest. They both know what they're doing with the bat and glove. These guys are not flashy, just solid professionals, Aviles can steal a base. 

Back up RH outfielder would be perfect. Pitching is set.     

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The------Babe. Show -The------Babe's posts

They know buch is done.............

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Earlier Saturday, the Yankees and Rockies also swapped proposals. However, several reports say New York is balking at Colorado's request for some combination of Ivan Nova, Jesus Montero and Dellin Betances to be included in any deal. An executive of one club said he was told Phil Hughes' name also was discussed by the two teams at one point Saturday, but Colorado doesn't appear to have any interest in making Hughes part of this trade.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

LH reliever and RH bat still on their to do list.  The Harden trade does seem to eliminate the idea that Breslow or Crisp  will be filling those roles however.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from therimrattler. Show therimrattler's posts

NO, NO and NO on WILLINGHAM!!!

i am still confused with people's thoughts that willingham is an answer to anything.  if the sox brass is looking at him, then they also have me confused.

this guy is hitting .240 while playing most of his games in the AL west.  hitting only .240, no speed to be a quality pinch runner and not being able to play center field is just not good enough.  mcdonald has not done much this year, but he is already in a sox uniform, can pinch run and can play all three outfield positions.

an outfielder like melky cabrera is a MUCH better choice. the guy is AL East and playoff battle tested, can play all three spots, is a switch hitter and is hitting near .300 with a dozen HRs and 50+ RBIs.  i think that cabrera is also under contract for a low salary in 2012 as well.

i can see sending a prospect to KC for cabrera much more than even sending a bag of rosin bags to oakland for willingham.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

In Response to Re: Aviles and Harden. Are the Red Sox done?:
    Earlier Saturday, the Yankees and Rockies also swapped proposals. However, several reports say New York is balking at Colorado's request for some combination of Ivan Nova , Jesus Montero and Dellin Betances to be included in any deal. An executive of one club said he was told Phil Hughes ' name also was discussed by the two teams at one point Saturday, but Colorado doesn't appear to have any interest in making Hughes part of this trade.
    Posted by Your-Echo
    What does this have to do with the OP?  Are you just pasting this on every thread for some unknown reason?

Sections
Shortcuts