Aviles, he's been the real deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Aviles, he's been the real deal

Mike Aviles has both power/speed, although has a penchant for poor pitch selection.  Like, Ells, a lot of talent, waiting to develop.

Through this disastrous month he  has filled-in admirably for Yook, over his last 40 AB's, he is hitting .415 with a .659 slugging percentage, all from a Kansas City castoff.

When people think of Aviles, they think of his speed, i.e. WEEI’s Rob Bradford comparing him to Dave Roberts in Red Sox folklore, after the Sox traded navarro for him.
    Try thinking thinking a little harder.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Re: Aviles, he's been the real deal

In Response to Aviles, he's been the real deal:
    Mike Aviles has both power/speed, although has a penchant for poor pitch selection.  Like, Ells, a lot of talent, waiting to develop. Through this disastrous month he  has filled-in admirably for Yook, over his last 40 AB's, he is hitting .415 with a .659 slugging percentage, all from a Kansas City castoff. When people think of Aviles, they think of his speed, i.e. WEEI’s Rob Bradford comparing him to Dave Roberts in Red Sox folklore, after the Sox traded navarro for him. Try thinking thinking a little harder.
    Posted by Goofywocky

Great observation, Goofywocky...maybe Tito should move Ells into the 3-hole and Aviles into the cleanup spot, so that they won't be up with their power and speed and no one on base to drive in.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

In Response to Re: Aviles, he's been the real deal:
    In Response to Aviles, he's been the real deal : Great observation, Goofywocky...maybe Tito should move Ells into the 3-hole and Aviles into the cleanup spot, so that they won't be up with their power and speed and no one on base to drive in.
    Posted by Goofywocky

excellent observation, when the spankee dumps the roided dead bat in the picture below (aka #13), maybe the sox can sell yook to take aclod's spot
    all for a ton of money and prospects.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Aviles, he's been the real deal:
    Mike Aviles has both power/speed, although has a penchant for poor pitch selection.  Like, Ells, a lot of talent, waiting to develop. Through this disastrous month he  has filled-in admirably for Yook, over his last 40 AB's, he is hitting .415 with a .659 slugging percentage, all from a Kansas City castoff. When people think of Aviles, they think of his speed, i.e. WEEI’s Rob Bradford comparing him to Dave Roberts in Red Sox folklore, after the Sox traded navarro for him. Try thinking thinking a little harder.
    Posted by Goofywocky

Mike Aviles is in his 30s so I'm not sure how much more he will develop.

I'll admit Aviles has made a contribution since joining the Red Sox.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Yup, he's been one of the few positives, with most of the lineup and starters all deteriorating

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

One poster made a list of the top 5 most underrated players before the season began.  Mike Aviles was number 4.

I think I just dislocated my elbow patting myself on the back...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Aviles, he's been the real deal:
    One poster made a list of the top 5 most underrated players before the season began.  Mike Aviles was number 4. I think I just dislocated my elbow patting myself on the back...
    Posted by notin

Great. That's all we need, one more injury...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He's only 30 and averages about 50 extra basehits per 162 games. If Scutty or Papi walk, his role could grow.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Aviles is a true diamond in the rough who is carrying this team. I expect him to be a starter, next season. No reason to spend money on a RH star slugger, Aviles is a better value replacement. His speed and defense and hitting talent is just now beginning to blossom. Expect big things in bigg moments for Aviles.

10. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts