Avoid Anderson like the Plague!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Avoid Anderson like the Plague!

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wouldn't say 3 straight excellent seasons makes a "fluke" or any word close to that.

3 yr totals:  2.96   1.150

Softy's got a hair across his better side over any knuckleballer.

[/QUOTE]

If a few numbskulls like Softy would take the time to actually look up Dickey's record maybe they would post something beside basic stupidity. His last three seasons have all been pretty solid. 2011 with over 200 innings and a 3.24ERA. Trouble is the W-L record of 8-13 is the first you see before looking closer which Softy wouldn't know how. His W-L record is probably because he got no run support. Any pitcher with over 30 starts, 200 plus innings with a 3.24ERA and a 1.22WHIP and a measely 54 Walks deserves better than 8-13. He pitching close to 7 innings per outing.

Softy, do some research.

Also knuckleballers as history show can pitch into their fourties which means Dickey at thirty nine would be worth giving a 2-3 year deal.

Hetch  

[/QUOTE]

Good thing most people overlook a pitchers record when their other stats are so good, or else Felix wouldve never won a Cy Young with a 13-12 record.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let us hope that the incompetent Cherry isn't pipe dreaiming about this 2nd rate starting pitcher from the AL West.

[/QUOTE]

Softy, 

You can't even come up with a competent post that makes much sense and you've the nerve to label Cherry incompetent. You're just another know it all troll !!

Hetch 

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

Make 'em an offer they can't refuse.

No, you come up wtih a specific offer they can't refuse, since you are pripe dreaming about this 2nd rate pitcher.

[/QUOTE]

I have posted my offer several times, including on your own threads. Your memory is a kaput as your ethics.

I know you are incapable of doing any research on your own, so here is my offer for the 20th time:

1 of: Tazawa, Aceves, Morales or Doubront

2 of: Salty, Lava, Cecchini, Vinicio, Lin (SS) or any prospect below #10 on soxprospects.com.

If they don't want one of the starters or would prefer someone else...

Any 3 from:  Salty, Lava, Brentz, Iggy, Cecchini

Any 1 from below #10 on soxprospects.com (maybe 2 if push comes to shove and they could send us back Crisp, since they have a glut of OF'ers, and you have such a man crush on him.)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No, you come up wtih a specific offer they can't refuse, since you are pripe dreaming about this 2nd rate pitcher.

[/QUOTE]

I have posted my offer several times, including on your own threads. Your memory is a kaput as your ethics.

I know you are incapable of doing any research on your own, so here is my offer for the 20th time:

2 of: Salty, Lava, Cecchini, Vinicio, Lin (SS) or any prospect below #10 on soxprospects.com.

Any 1 from below #10 on soxprospects.com (maybe 2 if push comes to shove and they could send us back Crisp, since they have a glut of OF'ers, and you have such a man crush on him.)[/QUOTE]

With all due respect, the can't-refuse offer would need to start with Xander Bogaerts or Matt Barnes and include two or three other prospects.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

You aren't getting Anderson for his reasonable contract because of his age and his contract. No, I don't think the Red Sox should trade Middlebrooks for an every 5 days pitcher who has honed his craft in the brutally offensive battleground of the AL West.

You aren't getting Anderson for his reasonable contract at 24 because of that very fact. No, the Red Sox shouldn't trade Middlebrooks for an every 5 days pitcher who honed his MLB game in the brutal offensive division that is the AL West.

We'll see what Gurthie's market ends up, but it won't be 34 million. 2 years and 12M would be good value and fit for the Red Sox, who have too many 2nd rate pitchers on 1st rate contracts. Anderson is a 2nd rate pitcher who'll cost first rate talent.

[/QUOTE]

While it would not surppirse me i the asking price was Middlebrooks, tat does not necesarily mean negotiations end there.

The Sox absolutely should explore Anderson (which Cherington did last July).  If the price is Bogaerts and, say, Swihart, it might be something they should consider.  Anderson won't come cheap, but it is also extremely unlikely that all the Sox top prospects pan out, too...

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You aren't getting Anderson for his reasonable contract because of his age and his contract. No, I don't think the Red Sox should trade Middlebrooks for an every 5 days pitcher who has honed his craft in the brutally offensive battleground of the AL West.

You aren't getting Anderson for his reasonable contract at 24 because of that very fact. No, the Red Sox shouldn't trade Middlebrooks for an every 5 days pitcher who honed his MLB game in the brutal offensive division that is the AL West.

We'll see what Gurthie's market ends up, but it won't be 34 million. 2 years and 12M would be good value and fit for the Red Sox, who have too many 2nd rate pitchers on 1st rate contracts. Anderson is a 2nd rate pitcher who'll cost first rate talent.

[/QUOTE]

While it would not surppirse me i the asking price was Middlebrooks, tat does not necesarily mean negotiations end there.

The Sox absolutely should explore Anderson (which Cherington did last July).  If the price is Bogaerts and, say, Swihart, it might be something they should consider.  Anderson won't come cheap, but it is also extremely unlikely that all the Sox top prospects pan out, too...

[/QUOTE]

I like Anderson, but Billy Beane said the other day that he's not available, as the A's are obviously competitive, and he's still affordable at this point.  That could change at next year's trade deadline if the A's struggle. 

As good as Anderson is, I don't think the Sox would part with Middlebrooks or Boegarts for him.  When is the last time the Sox developed a right handed power hitter with 40 HR potential?  Jim Rice?  I realize that there are still questions reagarding how good he will be, but he showed enough last year at the Major League level to think he's going to be here for a while. 

I can't see a realistic scenario out there where they would ever consider moving Boegarts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I like Anderson, but Billy Beane said the other day that he's not available, as the A's are obviously competitive, and he's still affordable at this point.  That could change at next year's trade deadline if the A's struggle. 

As good as Anderson is, I don't think the Sox would part with Middlebrooks or Boegarts for him.  When is the last time the Sox developed a right handed power hitter with 40 HR potential?  Jim Rice?  I realize that there are still questions reagarding how good he will be, but he showed enough last year at the Major League level to think he's going to be here for a while. 

I can't see a realistic scenario out there where they would ever consider moving Boegarts.

[/QUOTE]

GMs often posture before making a trade. 

It wouldn't be the first time a GM calls a player "off limits" just before dealing him.

It will take a lot to get Anderson, but every GM will take an offer they can't refuse for any player on their roster.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

Lester made 7.6M in 2012, Buchholz made 3.5M, Doubront 480K...Sounds like a good deal to me. and certainly not 1st rate money.

You didn't read the earlier comments, while you were trolling. The cost is in the young talent. That's alright for Felix, but not this 2nd rate bum Anderson.

Bragging on Dickey's recent NL resthome league numbers is weak. Even worse, bragging on Dickey throwing his goofball in the AL into his 40's, like that loser Wakefield. Stats should be changed for these goofball loser pitchers, by charging them baserunners and runs for all those goofballs that head to the backstop as runners score and/or reach base. Anyone remember one of these goofball pitchers winning a playoff game or tipping point season game. No, didn't think so.

The gooball pithers are like the clowns in the 3 ring circus. The goofball fans say "wow, isn't that amazing, a big fat old guy striking out that top hitter. I'm fat, old, I can relate and pipe dream that that's me out there that some fans are laughing at and applauding.

If there is one loser face for the Red Sox, it is Wakefield. Fortunately, I never saw that face in 2004 and 2007 post season runs. If it was there at all, I blocked it out. The  Wakefield career signature moments were two:

1. The Adam Boone HR in Game 7 2003 ALCS

2. The "loser every game streak that turned a league leader into the biggest season collapse in history"

3. The pitiful spin "Wakefield volunteered to skip his playoff start to go in and mop up"

Wakefield appeals to fat old untalented men, just like angry old Democrat Party white men and women use entitlements to appeal to angry minorities, angry women, and angry people who envy the private property they want for themselves. 

[/QUOTE]

"2 years and 12M would be good value and fit for the Red Sox, who have too many 2nd rate pitchers on 1st rate contracts"

I stated the Sox top 3 pitchers contracts...you called them second rate pitchers on 1st rate contracts. The only one is Lackey. Im sure you meant more than 1 pitcher or your words "pitchers" and "contracts" wouldnt be pluralized...So please explain what I didnt understand again...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

OK, how about we offer them Ellsbury and "blocked prospects"?  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't be the first time a GM calls a player "off limits" just before dealing him.

It will take a lot to get Anderson, but every GM will take an offer they can't refuse for any player on their roster.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly Moon, but as a Sox fan, I would hope their front office doesn't make an "offer the A's can't refuse" for "anyone" on their roster.  It doesn't make sense for the A's to trade Anderson this offseason, and I'm pretty sure the Sox Front Office isn't going to sacrifice the future to overpay for Brett Anderson...They aren't "one player away" going into next year, as you clearly believe, so don't expect them to "overpay" for anyone...Anderson isn't a "realistic" option at this point... 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Exactly Moon, but as a Sox fan, I would hope their front office doesn't make an "offer the A's can't refuse" for "anyone" on their roster.  It doesn't make sense for the A's to trade Anderson this offseason, and I'm pretty sure the Sox Front Office isn't going to sacrifice the future to overpay for Brett Anderson...They aren't "one player away" going into next year, as you clearly believe, so don't expect them to "overpay" for anyone...Anderson isn't a "realistic" option at this point... 

[/QUOTE]

At 5.75M this year, hes not too expensive to keep. Next year he goes up to 8M with a 1.5 buyout, then 12M with the same buyout and team option. FA in 2015. Next year or the trade deadline is more likely the time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

At 5.75M this year, hes not too expensive to keep. Next year he goes up to 8M with a 1.5 buyout, then 12M with the same buyout and team option. FA in 2015. Next year or the trade deadline is more likely the time.

[/QUOTE]

1) $5.75M is a lot for the A's.

2) The A's have starting pitching depth that few other teams come close to matching.

3) $8M in 2014 is way too high for the A's, and his value to other teams will delcine due to higher cost and 1 less year of team control.

4) I think we "overpayed" for Beckett and Lowell, but it still helped us win a ring.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

so here is my offer for the 20th time:

Any 1 from below #10 on soxprospects.com (maybe 2 if push comes to shove and they could send us back Crisp, since they have a glut of OF'ers, and you have such a man crush on him.)

Folks, that's not an offer they "can't refuse". Fortunately, it's not going to hapen, because I like Doubrant and Tazawa and current farm value better than trading young talent for Anderson.

Again, avoid Anderson like Wakefield!

[/QUOTE]

This has to be one of your silliest posts ever.

For weeks you have been calling Anderson a "second rate pitcher", yet now you think the A's would refuse my offer of 3-4 players for this "union slug bum".

It must be hard to formulate positions that are 100% wrong everytime.

Could you tell me who will cover today's football spreads, so I can bet on the other team? We could be on to something beautiful here!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

but every GM will take an offer they can't refuse for any player on their roster.

Yet to see the "can't refuse offer", nor has anyone else seen it.

I warned you that Tim Wakefield in 2012 had a zero MLB contract market. Yet you offered 2M, then 1M and then a plea for 3/4 of a million.

You need to pay attention to what I write, and abandon your pipe dream about "offer they can't refuse" for Anderson, who isn't even on the "solicit for pipe dream trade offers" block.

[/QUOTE]

He's a "second rate" pitcher by your account. If we can get an elite hitter for farm scraps, my offer blows your VMart offer out of the water.

Try and stay consistent.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

;)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

but every GM will take an offer they can't refuse for any player on their roster.

I warned you that Tim Wakefield in 2012 had a zero MLB contract market. Yet you offered 2M, then 1M and then a plea for 3/4 of a million.

You need to pay attention to what I write, and abandon your pipe dream about "offer they can't refuse" for Anderson, who isn't even on the "solicit for pipe dream trade offers" block.

[/QUOTE]

He's a "second rate" pitcher by your account. If we can get an elite hitter for farm scraps, my offer blows your VMart offer out of the water.

Try and stay consistent.

[/QUOTE]

You can't fix "stupid", Moon.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Try and stay consistent.

[/QUOTE]

You can't fix "stupid", Moon.

[/QUOTE]

Not "fixing" but rather just "exposing.

I was taught that letting stupidity and lies go unchecked is immoral.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Let me give you some stupidity and lies and immorality:

A 2M MLB contract offer to Wakefield in a zero market. That's one of many, but it's the poster child of illegitimacy.

How was my position of offering Wake a $1M contract with incentives "immoral"?

I never lied about my position as you have done continuously for years.

25. This post has been removed.