Avoid Ellsbury like the Plague!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jidgef. Show jidgef's posts

Re: Avoid Ellsbury like the Plague!

Okay, I'll bite on your trolling lure. I wish you hadn't been banned so many times so that everybody on here could read this same drivel you've been spouting since Ellsbury arrived on the scene in 2007. Remarkable baseball wisdom like "reverse-pivot swing", "national league profile", "fourth outfielder at best", "jitterbug", "no pop". And all of it presented in a pompous, arrogant, demeaning to everyone else fashion that had me ignoring your first dozen or so screen names. Well done!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to jidgef's comment:

Okay, I'll bite on your trolling lure. I wish you hadn't been banned so many times so that everybody on here could read this same drivel you've been spouting since Ellsbury arrived on the scene in 2007. Remarkable baseball wisdom like "reverse-pivot swing", "national league profile", "fourth outfielder at best", "jitterbug", "no pop". And all of it presented in a pompous, arrogant, demeaning to everyone else fashion that had me ignoring your first dozen or so screen names. Well done!

Don't forget, "would look good in an Indian's uniform", "who here thinks Ellsbury will play another game for the Sox this year", and all the names for his "malingering" 2012 season.

Jid, best advice: avoid softy like the plague.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Ellsbury could be on the next horse to join Tito in Cleveland, there again, maybe not as BORA$$ will be asking for Yankee type $$$$$$$$$$$$ !!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jidgef. Show jidgef's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

[QUOTE]

Don't forget, "would look good in an Indian's uniform", "who here thinks Ellsbury will play another game for the Sox this year", and all the names for his "malingering" 2012 season.

[/QUOTE]

I've been ignoring him for the longest time, but ignore doesn't work when a guy keeps inventing new personae every time he gets banned. Call me too sensitive if you want, but the day I get banned from a site will be the last day I'd ever post on it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Ellsbury could be on the next horse to join Tito in Cleveland, there again, maybe not as BORA$$ will be asking for Yankee type $$$$$$$$$$$$ !!

do you know anything about baseball? why would the indians go after Jacoby when they already spent big on 2 OF'ers this past offseason to 4 or more year deals....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

do you know anything about baseball? why would the indians go after Jacoby when they already spent big on 2 OF'ers this past offseason to 4 or more year deals....

Stop harrassing Bill. You know right well that the Indians are well-known for handing out $120 million contracts.Wink

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Moronic, attention whoring thread.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I hope the Seattle Mariners avoid Jacoby Ellsbury:

http://www.lookoutlanding.com/2013/10/10/4824444/rosenthal-mariners-will-sign-jacoby-ellsbury-to-126-million-or-more

Ellsbury is a fine player who would help the Mariners in 2014, but Ellsbury will command a long-term contract that could hamstring a team years into the future.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bill,  I think your dad is calling for you... time to go home.

Cleveland?  Really?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It was 'would look better in an Indians uniform but is no Jim Thorpe' a RACIST jab at his native american heritage.

The softfireman is mentally ill, racist, ALWAYS ignorant and wrong about baseball and generally one of the sickest human beings I have ever encountered. Avoid engaging in 'real' discussions with this hateful troll like the plague, he is the worst kind of trash.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Contract talk and moronic Ellsbury bashing is for after the season. Now is for enjoying the games and rooting on the team - assuming you even know how to do that. I'm betting you haven't even watched these games.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:
    [QUOTE]In response to hill55's comment:
    I hope the Seattle Mariners avoid Jacoby Ellsbury:

http://www.lookoutlanding.com/2013/10/10/4824444/rosenthal-mariners-will-sign-jacoby-ellsbury-to-126-million-or-more

Ellsbury is a fine player who would help the Mariners in 2014, but Ellsbury will command a long-term contract that could hamstring a team years into the future.

yes remember figgigins  buy low on ells after he crawbusts[/QUOTE]

Seattle signed Chone Figgins, coming off a 6.6 WAR* season in 2009, to a four-year, $36 million contract.

If I ran the Mariners this offseason, I would not hesitate to offer Jacoby Ellsbury, coming off a 5.8 WAR season, a four-year, $36 million contract. But I would steer clear of Ellsbury's reported asking price.

* Wins Above Replacement as reported at FanGraphs

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/9804639/embrace-jacoby-ellsbury

Firesoft, I thought you might appreciate this.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

I have to agree with Softy on the point that using WAR here isn't a good metric.  WAR completely undervalues Ellsbury's contributions as a leadoff hitter.  There is no metric that takes into accuont how he affects the pitcher when he's on base.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to greenwellforpresident's comment:
    [QUOTE]I have to agree with Softy on the point that using WAR here isn't a good metric.  WAR completely undervalues Ellsbury's contributions as a leadoff hitter.  There is no metric that takes into accuont how he affects the pitcher when he's on base.[/QUOTE]
    Chone Figgins was an effective leadoff hitter for the 2009 Los Angeles Angels, who won 97 games in the regular season before sweeping the Red Sox in the postseason. Here are the 2009 numbers for Figgins and the 2013 numbers for Jacoby Ellsbury:

09 CF 729 PA, .298/.395/.393/.789, 42 SB, 17 CS

13 JE 636 PA, .298/.355/.426/.781, 52 SB, 4 CS

Ellsbury's higher success rate on a similar number of steal attempts lends credence to your contention that Ellsbury is more disruptive on the basepaths.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to greenwellforpresident's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have to agree with Softy on the point that using WAR here isn't a good metric.  WAR completely undervalues Ellsbury's contributions as a leadoff hitter.  There is no metric that takes into accuont how he affects the pitcher when he's on base.

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely correct.  We've become so obsessed with metrics that we sometimes can't see the forest for the trees. 

Sections
Shortcuts