AZ Yankee Boycott?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

AZ Yankee Boycott?

I find it interesting that guys with the names Rivera and Rodriguez will not appear at the all-star game. Now Jeter, who apparently doesn't want to get hurt in his quest for 3,000 hits has joined the fray. Solidarity maybe?
    If this is true, players need to stay out of politics and play baseball.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe----. Show --The--Babe----'s posts

Re: AZ Yankee Boycott?

In Response to AZ Yankee Boycott?:
    [QUOTE]I find it interesting that guys with the names Rivera and Rodriguez will not appear at the all-star game. Now Jeter, who apparently doesn't want to get hurt in his quest for 3,000 hits has joined the fray. Solidarity maybe? If this is true, players need to stay out of politics and play baseball.

Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

You mean like last year when agone said he wouldn't play in the AS game in AZ? 

Convenient that he hasn't mentioned it now that he's in the AL and not stuck behind pujols, fielder and votto in the voting.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

Babe, check the facts and look up their stats- AGon is doing better than all of them.
     I guess Teixeira is afraid to be in the derby because he doesn't want to add losing in the derby to his .244 average(LOL). Which would you rather have:

Age           Average            Homers          RBI             Glove

29              .350                   35              150             Great
                                               or
     31              .245                   45              125             Great

These are the lines that AGon and Tex are on pace to have. With all due respect to Tex, AGon is having a better year by far. You can't complain about AGon having more chances to drive in runs, as the Sox only have 10 more runs than the Yankees, and the Yankees have a firm hold on the major league lead in home runs. Tex being on pace for 10 more homers than Gonzo is offset by two factors: AGon's average is .100 higher than Tex's, and while both Fenway and Yankee Stadium are hitter's parks, Fenway is a doubles park that takes homers away, while Yankee Stadium has a short porch in right field that is supposedly only 314 feet from home plate (more like 214 feet) which makes it a launching pad for Tex and co. to deposit pop flies behind first base into. (Pop up behind first base, AGon ranging back- no, Drew will have to chase it down- it's outta here!) Both are gold glovers, so we can skip that argument.
     Texiera is a very good hitter with awesome power and a gold glover, so I would not mind penciling him in most lineups, but Gonzo bets Tex every day of the week.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]I find it interesting that guys with the names Rivera and Rodriguez will not appear at the all-star game. Now Jeter, who apparently doesn't want to get hurt in his quest for 3,000 hits has joined the fray. Solidarity maybe? If this is true, players need to stay out of politics and play baseball.

Yankees get voted in or selected, RS fans complain. Yankee players skip game due to injuries (like players on other teams do), RS fans complain. All are excuses to b*tch about the Yankees.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: AZ Yankee Boycott?:
    [QUOTE] Babe, check the facts and look up their stats- AGon is doing better than all of them.  I guess Teixeira is afraid to be in the derby because he doesn't want to add losing in the derby to his .244 average(LOL). Which would you rather have:    Age           Average            Homers          RBI             Glove  29              .350                   35              150             Great                                            or  31              .245                   45              125             Great  These are the lines that AGon and Tex are on pace to have. With all due respect to Tex, AGon is having a better year by far. You can't complain about AGon having more chances to drive in runs, as the Sox only have 10 more runs than the Yankees, and the Yankees have a firm hold on the major league lead in home runs. Tex being on pace for 10 more homers than Gonzo is offset by two factors: AGon's average is .100 higher than Tex's, and while both Fenway and Yankee Stadium are hitter's parks, Fenway is a doubles park that takes homers away, while Yankee Stadium has a short porch in right field that is supposedly only 314 feet from home plate (more like 214 feet) which makes it a launching pad for Tex and co. to deposit pop flies behind first base into. (Pop up behind first base, AGon ranging back- no, Drew will have to chase it down- it's outta here!) Both are gold glovers, so we can skip that argument.  Texiera is a very good hitter with awesome power and a gold glover, so I would not mind penciling him in most lineups, but Gonzo bets Tex every day of the week.
    Posted by WE5NUTS[/QUOTE]

Really? 214? That's amusing. By the way, the RS foul lines (301 and 303) are rumored to be closer, especially in LF, where some say it might be as close as 279. No such rumors, as far as I know, are whispered about YS. Another news flash for you; statistically, the most notorious hitters park in Baseball History (for those with at least a decade of use; in FWs case, that's a century), due to the proximity of the stands to the foul lines and Home Plate, and that jai lai wall in Left, is, Guess?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

Gee whiz, I was joking, but it's probably less than 314 feet, and 314 feet is short anyways. Besides, you got both sox foul lines wrong (it's 302 in right and 310 in left). As far as I know, the Sox don't refuse to let MLB come and measure the foul lines like the Yankees. Also, it's 380 feet in straight away right, which borders cavernous, and left field only being 310 feet is offset by having to get the ball 40 feet into the air to hit a homer. Best hitter's park in MLB? Yes. Best homer park in MLB? No, that belongs to Yankee stadium. That explains why Tex has more homers and Gonzo has a higher average.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

How do we know enough about Alibi Ike to label him as a Red Sox fan. I have read at least 300 posts by Ike and I am still at a loss to call him a Red Sox fan. He may very well be a Yankee fan pretending to be a Sox fan or a concern troll.

The OP is stupid and idiotic and it should be addressed or responded to on that basis. Debate the topic instead of using Ike as a strawman to push your own agenda.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE] Gee whiz, I was joking, but it's probably less than 314 feet, and 314 feet is short anyways. Besides, you got both sox foul lines wrong (it's 302 in right and 310 in left). As far as I know, the Sox don't refuse to let MLB come and measure the foul lines like the Yankees. Also, it's 380 feet in straight away right, which borders cavernous, and left field only being 310 feet is offset by having to get the ball 40 feet into the air to hit a homer. Best hitter's park in MLB? Yes. Best homer park in MLB? No, that belongs to Yankee stadium. That explains why Tex has more homers and Gonzo has a higher average.

Didn't know you were kidding; yes FW is not an easy pull park for Lefties, and the wall taketh more than giveth when it comes to HRs for Righties. As far as YS is concerned, LF is no picnic, and are you aware that the Yankees don't have dominating HR per game Home/Road splits? (1.53 vs 1.28)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

More silliness.  I'm thinking that missing the AS game has more to do with a torn meniscus than politics.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WE5NUTS. Show WE5NUTS's posts

Huh? A fact is a fact with the Yank$ having more homers on the road, but left field is only 318 feet (but it is actually the claimed distance, unlike rf). How is that no picnic? If anything, it is CF that gives your homer hitters fits with that power alley.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

Than why is Cano going?  Perhaps you are just bending the facts to meet your preconceived notion?  I find that interesting.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE] Huh? A fact is a fact with the Yank$ having more homers on the road, but left field is only 318 feet (but it is actually the claimed distance, unlike rf). How is that no picnic? If anything, it is CF that gives your homer hitters fits with that power alley.

That is right down the line; like FW in RF, it juts out quickly. Why are you posturing these points? I doubt you're not aware.

BTW, I was wrong about the Home / Road splits; that was posted by another Yankee poster earlier in the season (Babe I think), and then I verified that currently this is not the case. I updated my post accordingly.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from The---Babe---. Show The---Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE] Babe, check the facts and look up their stats- AGon is doing better than all of them.  I guess Teixeira is afraid to be in the derby because he doesn't want to add losing in the derby to his .244 average(LOL). Which would you rather have:    Age           Average            Homers          RBI             Glove  29              .350                   35              150             Great                                            or  31              .245                   45              125             Great  These are the lines that AGon and Tex are on pace to have. With all due respect to Tex, AGon is having a better year by far. You can't complain about AGon having more chances to drive in runs, as the Sox only have 10 more runs than the Yankees, and the Yankees have a firm hold on the major league lead in home runs. Tex being on pace for 10 more homers than Gonzo is offset by two factors: AGon's average is .100 higher than Tex's, and while both Fenway and Yankee Stadium are hitter's parks, Fenway is a doubles park that takes homers away, while Yankee Stadium has a short porch in right field that is supposedly only 314 feet from home plate (more like 214 feet) which makes it a launching pad for Tex and co. to deposit pop flies behind first base into. (Pop up behind first base, AGon ranging back- no, Drew will have to chase it down- it's outta here!) Both are gold glovers, so we can skip that argument.  Texiera is a very good hitter with awesome power and a gold glover, so I would not mind penciling him in most lineups, but Gonzo bets Tex every day of the week.

LOL....so when have stats gotten you voted into the AS game?

And I'm pretty sure that agone's numbers would look a little different this year if he were still in san diego.

And no one is debating whether he's having a better year than Tex. He clearly is.

Sections
Shortcuts