BA mid season top 50

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

BA mid season top 50

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/midseason-top-50-injury-cant-knock-buxton-1/" rel="nofollow">http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/midseason-top-50-injury-cant-knock-buxton-1/

For those who aren't subscribed Owens at #15, and Swihart at #14.

Betts was slated to be #12 but was left off the list due to his promotion. 

Swihart is referred to as the "best catching prospect in the minors" 

MFY place 1 guy, a pitcher Luis Severino at #34

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: BA mid season top 50

Sox have #1 catching and #2 LHP prospect in the league!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sox have #1 catching and #2 LHP prospect in the league!

[/QUOTE]

And if he was still in the minors playing 2nd....Mookie would be the #1 2nd base prospect as well. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Three in the top 15 is pretty awesome, especially with Bogaerts just having graduated.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Three in the top 15 is pretty awesome, especially with Bogaerts just having graduated.

[/QUOTE]

Well if Betts was still there that would push Owens/Swihart to #15 #16...but we'll cheat and say 3 in the top 15 potentially

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Cubs now have 3 top 10 prospects.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Well if Betts was still there that would push Owens/Swihart to #15 #16...but we'll cheat and say 3 in the top 15 potentially

Haha...did not think about that for some reason. Duh.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

We will trade the Cubs our three oldest outfielders for those three prospects.  Heck we will even throw in Peavey, Dubront, Napoli, and Drew.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to billge's comment:

We will trade the Cubs our three oldest outfielders for those three prospects.  Heck we will even throw in Peavey, Dubront, Napoli, and Drew.

That would be awesome....I'll tell Ben C. to make the call.  Now we just have to get someone at the other end to hold a gun up to THeo's head and make him make that trade. 

For the record...this is sarcasm. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Cubs were smart they would sign Lester, and get busy bringing up those Prospects. They will be picking in top 10, so their First is protected.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cubs were smart they would sign Lester, and get busy bringing up those Prospects.

[/QUOTE]

You know Theo isn't afraid to spend, he's just been trying to build a base in Chicago.  Once these guys start trickling into the majors I expect them to be major to semi major players in the FA market to bring in some veterans to augment their young talent. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Agree, they should have a lot of money, also their First round Pick should be protected.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Despite a skyrocketing payroll, the Los Angeles Dodgers have three of the top 18 prospects.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Agree, they should have a lot of money, also their First round Pick should be protected.

The Red Sox might have a protected first-round pick as well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

A gun would not be that hard to find in Chicago.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Touche, Soriano is getting 13 Million paid by Cubs, and he is coming off the books.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

As in 60 shot and 13 killed in celebration of the Fourth.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sox are in a 4 way tie for the 6th worst record, since they tie breakers they would have the #9 pick right now.  They are 1 game off of having the #5 pick in the draft, and 4 games off of having the #1 pick.

They are barely a top ten (protected pick now), if they become sellers a top ten might be a sure thing....heck, they might get a top 5 pick.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Hopefully the 2015 is highly regarded and hopefully we don't select a high school pitcher....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hopefully the 2015 is highly regarded and hopefully we don't select a high school pitcher....

[/QUOTE]

Yes because no highschool pitchers taking at the top half of the draft ever end up good??? actually the a good amount of highschool pitchers taken in the top ten recently have turned out to be very good pitchers to aces.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes because no highschool pitchers taking at the top half of the draft ever end up good??? actually the a good amount of highschool pitchers taken in the top ten recently have turned out to be very good pitchers to aces.

[/QUOTE]

I be lying if I knew any not named Kershaw... But something tells me they were more polish than Ball. He has 3 years to prove he was not a bust in my book.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I be lying if I knew any not named Kershaw... But something tells me they were more polish than Ball. He has 3 years to prove he was not a bust in my book.

[/QUOTE]

3 years????? fair enough, that is much better than the 50 innings some gave him on here.  FWIW Henry Owens (another highschooler) got roughed up in his first 50 innings and had an ERA north of 5.00 as well.

The list of Highschoolers taken in the top 10 picks is pretty impressive over the last 10 years by the way.  Of course, there are a few busts, but most either turned out to be at least average MLB players to really really good players.  Ball was raw, and still is....but I agree we will have a much better ideal of what he is in 3 years.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

3 years????? fair enough, that is much better than the 50 innings some gave him on here.  FWIW Henry Owens (another highschooler) got roughed up in his first 50 innings and had an ERA north of 5.00 as well.

The list of Highschoolers taken in the top 10 picks is pretty impressive over the last 10 years by the way.  Of course, there are a few busts, but most either turned out to be at least average MLB players to really really good players.  Ball was raw, and still is....but I agree we will have a much better ideal of what he is in 3 years.

[/QUOTE]

Well by 3 years I mean dominating or showing great progress in single A not in MLB (Sure would love to see a young 21 in MLB ala Kershaw). But yeah I just overreacting and make sarcastic comments! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Three in the top 15 or four in the top 16 is pretty amazing. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cubs now have 3 top 10 prospects.  

[/QUOTE]

That's interesting.