BA Red Sox prospect rankings.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

Re: BA Red Sox prospect rankings.

In response to hill55's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here is a FanGraphs analysis of players whom Baseball America never named on its Top 100 prospect rankings:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/looking-for-bias-in-top-100-prospect-lists/#more-143109

[/QUOTE]

Great article, thanks for posting it!  I love the mentions of the following Red Sox prospects in that article:

Current Minor Leaguers Who Could Be Overlooked

Though he wasn’t a college pick, Red Sox prospect Garin Cecchini has the same profile as a lot of those guys who were overlooked.

Current Minor Leaguers Who Could Be Overlooked

I imagine after the impressive years they had that Mookie Betts (Red Sox), Marcus Semien (White Sox), Arismendy Alcantara (Cubs) and Rougned Odor (Rangers) will make the Top 100 list.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Gotta like Cecchini's .443 OBP, but I'm not sure why so many people overlook Hassan's .457 OBP in 2013.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gotta like Cecchini's .443 OBP, but I'm not sure why so many people overlook Hassan's .457 OBP in 2013.

[/QUOTE]

I haven't been overlooking it as I specifically mentioned him in the last prospect thread I posted to that he was a boarderline B prospect for me and is the next Nava

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/boston-red-sox-top-20-prospects-for-2014/100/6951977

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to RedSoxDOrtiz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I haven't been overlooking it as I specifically mentioned him in the last prospect thread I posted to that he was a boarderline B prospect for me and is the next Nava

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/red-sox/on-the-front-burner/boston-red-sox-top-20-prospects-for-2014/100/6951977

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I read your comment. That's why I said "so many people" not everyone.

To me, he is a better option than Brentz, even though I think Brentz is a better fielder.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundvl20. Show sundvl20's posts

How has marrero progressed since his arrival

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

I don't know if Brentz is a better fielder. I seem to remember a ton of errors and Hassan was a pitcher so his arm is probably decent. It's not like Brentz was a speed burner either.

Hassan is quite an interesting guy. Some stuff about him I wouldn't even post but nothing bad in my opinion. Could use more pop in his bat. Only played 63 games last year and 8 were in Greenville, where he should dominate of course. I like him more than Brentz also but that is not saying a lot. Got to give Brentz more cred for the pop though for sure.

I like that Hassan can play a little 1st base also. He is in some ways Nava round 2. His background is Duke though so they are different in some ways but Santa Clara is a tough school academically as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Marrero has a great glove but he still doesn't hit well. I think he will end up a reserve infielder or a starter on a small market team. His glove alone might get him some PT time though even if he never does hit well.

Cechinni had a solid OBP year in the Arizona fall league as well. Hit a HR in the all star game. That guy has a terrific floor.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Marrero has a great glove but he still doesn't hit well. I think he will end up a reserve infielder or a starter on a small market team. His glove alone might get him some PT time though even if he never does hit well.

If he is Gold Glove quality in the field, he could still be a FT'er even with no bat.

There were 29 SSs with 350+ PAs last year, and 11 of them had an OPSA under .667. 

5 SSs has an OPS under .611.

3 under .565, including the National League Champ's Kozma at .548.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to RedsoxProspects' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know if Brentz is a better fielder. I seem to remember a ton of errors and Hassan was a pitcher so his arm is probably decent. It's not like Brentz was a speed burner either.

Hassan is quite an interesting guy. Some stuff about him I wouldn't even post but nothing bad in my opinion. Could use more pop in his bat. Only played 63 games last year and 8 were in Greenville, where he should dominate of course. I like him more than Brentz also but that is not saying a lot. Got to give Brentz more cred for the pop though for sure.

I like that Hassan can play a little 1st base also. He is in some ways Nava round 2. His background is Duke though so they are different in some ways but Santa Clara is a tough school academically as well.

[/QUOTE]

Hassan surely looks like Nava 2.0... a mirror image almost.  I think that Brentz is a Middlebrooks clone but in right field and that can be good or bad depending on your perspective.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

I'm not sure if you all listened to this interview, but this is an hour long talk between Callis and Speier.  In a time of the year when we are starved for information and anything baseball... this was like finding a pot of gold for me.

If you can all take a break from your top poster lists, this is a good listen for an hour.  It is the passing of the torch between Callis who did the list for BA for years to Speier who did the list this year.  It was great to hear them talk about rational and how/why they came up with the lists along with some history... enjoy!

http://audio.weei.com/a/85203797/minor-details-ep-72-baseball-america-s-red-sox-top-10-with-alex-speier-and-jim-callis.htm

Sections
Shortcuts