Back Home Again, Cali was great - Ready for the Real Thing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Back Home Again, Cali was great - Ready for the Real Thing

Last day of vacation and visiting Sarge son in Monterey.  Thanks again for all the tips. 

Everything from seals, sea lions, lavender sand, arched rocks, Hole 7 at Pebble Beach and Spanish Cove, Big Sur, Pier 39 and the Red Sox fan who spoke of Bill Lee there, sea glass, the Restless Sea, the Hills of SF and Golden Gate ... too much to list, plus the pleasure of wife and sons about. 

The extra time to read up on site and get ready for the real deal.  I've enjoyed your posts and the promise of the season and the future prospects.  The real world will limit my time, as usual, but thanks again friends for the notes on Cali and the Sox

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: Back Home Again, Cali was great - Ready for the Real Thing

Heh - you are right that some are only happy in their misery.  But we don't have to be those "happy few" -

But I was blessed to be able to be with my wife and sons on vacation.  It was a terrific time.  The plane landed well both times - not to be ignored in the slightest. 

And while I am not happy with last season's outcome, I am happy in looking forward to this season.  The FO has made it possible to have celebrated 2 WS crowns and even if this season is a bridge season, I have been reminded while in SF that a bridge can be a spectaculat thing.     ... even if it has never been finished.  (You do know that he "paint" on the Golden Gate Bridge is the primer coat, don't you?  The appearance ws so stunning and the right place and time that they left it as is ....)  We are fortunate to be Red Sox fans, no matter what the condition ...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

Welcome back. Ah California is such a marvel. Same as our Sox.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Welcome back SY. I did a six week rotation at the Presidio way back when and was likewise impressed with the area.

Seems its as cold here this am as out there though buy should be baseball weather soon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Welcome Back SY.....and thank your Son for his service. I have travelled alot of the World, but last summer was my first visit to California so I did the Coast drive from SF down to LA....unbelievable and to be honest a little nerve wracking.....but totally worth any anxiety. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Welcome Back SY...I need to get to Catalina Island and visit my son sometime soon. He talks very highly of California, and his area.

Always excited about a new season of Sox baseball. Not happy with last year, but always ready to move on and Im hoping for the best in 2013. I like the direction were headed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

ok Yaz-o, now that you've gotten that California Love, it's back to the salt mines :-)

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

grace slick is now 73. she died musically when the the AIRPLANE became the STARSHIP.

+1

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

Last day of vacation and visiting Sarge son in Monterey.  Thanks again for all the tips. 

Everything from seals, sea lions, lavender sand, arched rocks, Hole 7 at Pebble Beach and Spanish Cove, Big Sur, Pier 39 and the Red Sox fan who spoke of Bill Lee there, sea glass, the Restless Sea, the Hills of SF and Golden Gate ... too much to list, plus the pleasure of wife and sons about. 

The extra time to read up on site and get ready for the real deal.  I've enjoyed your posts and the promise of the season and the future prospects.  The real world will limit my time, as usual, but thanks again friends for the notes on Cali and the Sox

Besides the 17 miles drive, which you obviously took in, I hope you made it to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Best aquarium I have ever seen. Amazing. I live about 2 1/2 hours from there.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

"Jane" by Jefferson Starship rocks... they died when they dropped the "Jefferson".  "We built this city" was the absolute worse song ever performed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

!!!

In response to Promise4you2's comment:

Welcome back. Ah California is such a marvel. Same as our Sox.

It was a great time, Promise.  Never thought I'd go there and had not been west of Denver area, but older son's activities changed that focus!  You are right on both counts !!!