Back on Track

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Back on Track

Yes!  Great game for Miller, and, Salty again nice shot! Pedroia must love the fact that he's being intentionally walked... twice! He's as fearsome as Papi now! lol I'll add, good for MacDonald. With all the grief he gets, it was great to see him get that triple that scored a run, and he wound up scoring as well -- when we needed it. And congrats to Lavarnway for getting his first major league hit. He's a big guy, and doesn't really look like the other players when they first come up. 

Love this team in whatever way it's represented. :)

After a little bump in the road, the Sox are back on track. After winning their last two games against the Royals, I say we just continue tomorrow!  This is awesome going into the series with the Rangers. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Back on Track

Too soon to say back on track, but definitely encouraging.  Pedroia and Gonzalez contributed almost nothing in terms of runs scored and/or rbi's, but it didn't seem to matter.  Plus Jake made a great grab in CF and the Sox played errorless ball.  Boy, would it be niced to sweep KC before going on to the Rangers and 100 degree baseball. 

Lavarnway looks cool and collected at the plate, but ain't hitting it yet. 

If AGon's 3 hits mean the slump is over, than kimsaysthis could be right.  Still, no Youk and no Papi ain't good. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Back on Track:
    [QUOTE]Yes!  Great game for Miller, and, Salty again nice shot! Pedroia must love the fact that he's being intentionally walked... twice! He's as fearsome as Papi now! lol I'll add, good for MacDonald. With all the grief he gets, it was great to see him get that triple that scored a run, and he wound up scoring as well -- when we needed it. And congrats to Lavarnway for getting his first major league hit. He's a big guy, and doesn't really look like the other players when they first come up.  Love this team in whatever way it's represented. :) After a little bump in the road, the Sox are back on track. After winning their last two games against the Royals, I say we just continue tomorrow!  This is awesome going into the series with the Rangers. 
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Miller gave us a great game and Aceves, where would our team be without his contrubution this season?  It was also nice to see the kid get his first hit and Lowrie break out with three hits.

Much needed effort from the entire team!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

In Response to Re: Back on Track:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Back on Track : LOL...let me help you out here pike since we know you don't watch baseball. The royals are the second worst team in the AL, not all that much to get excited about. And lavarnway looks just like every other lost rookie at the plate, 1-8 is hardly putting him on the fast track to the HOF.
    Posted by - />)TheBabe(<-[/QUOTE]

I love when Pike uses his female alter-ego

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Back on Track : I love when Pike uses his female alter-ego
    Posted by Mikeyinthebronx2[/QUOTE]

IMO, You're wrong; does pike appear to be this smart? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Back on Track : IMO, You're wrong; does pike appear to be this smart? 
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

He's misguided but I don't think he's dumb.  I feel people give the benefit of the doubt simply because of the female name....its pike

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from .>The-Babe<.. Show .>The-Babe<.'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Back on Track : He's misguided but I don't think he's dumb.  I feel people give the benefit of the doubt simply because of the female name....its pike

Exactly, but you know nhstephanie is going to stick up for his fellow blosox fans

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]Too soon to say back on track, but definitely encouraging.

"Back on track" is a subjective and relative term. To some it may mean playing well for two games.

Pedroia and Gonzalez contributed almost nothing in terms of runs scored and/or rbi's, but it didn't seem to matter.

Runs scored just means being on base at the right time - before the RBI hit. Is it Gonzales's fault that nobody was on base and scored on his three hits?

Plus Jake made a great grab in CF and the Sox played errorless ball.  Boy, would it be niced to sweep KC before going on to the Rangers and 100 degree baseball.  Lavarnway looks cool and collected at the plate, but ain't hitting it yet.  If AGon's 3 hits mean the slump is over, than kimsaysthis could be right. 

Still, no Youk and no Papi ain't good. 

That's evident and already discounted for - they are injured
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I agree that is nice to the Red Sox playing better, but it is still going to be tougher to play Texas without Ortiz and Youkilis.  I am not sure who is going to provide the offense.  The Red Sox had a lot of hits last night, but this isn't even remotely close to playing Texas.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Might be time to consider the "tandem starter" idea again. With 2 guys (Miller and Bedard) who are usually limited to 5 IP and a guy like Aceves who always does very well coming in after Miller, we may have a nice set-up.

Good to see Miller pitch well. The Royals have a just barely better-than-average offense. He hasn't really faced many good offenses this season, but it is nice to see his ERA go under 5.00. Here's a look at Miller's opponents and their offensive rating (by runs sscored)
    SD    (25)
    Pitt  (27)
    Hou (26)
    Bal   (18)
    TB    (14)
    Bal  (18)
    KC   (13)
    CWS (19)
    KC    (13)

(Sidenote: the Yanks now lead MLB in runs scored: we are 2nd, and Tex is just 11 runs behind us now.) 

Anyways, nothing like facing a weak pitcher to finally break out of the slump.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeyinthebronx2. Show Mikeyinthebronx2's posts

[QUOTE]Might be time to consider the "tandem starter" idea again. With 2 guys (Miller and Bedard) who are usually limited to 5 IP and a guy like Aceves who always does very well coming in after Miller, we may have a nice set-up. Good to see Miller pitch well. The Royals have a just barely better-than-average offense. He hasn't really faced many good offenses this season, but it is nice to see his ERA go under 5.00. Here's a look at Miller's opponents and their offensive rating (by runs sscored) SD    (25) Pitt  (27) Hou (26) Bal   (18) TB    (14) Bal  (18) KC   (13) CWS (19) KC    (13) (Sidenote: the Yanks now lead MLB in runs scored: we are 2nd, and Tex is just 11 runs behind us now.)  Anyways, nothing like facing a weak pitcher to finally break out of the slump.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

W/O ARod and the Yankees have played 1 less game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

'' Great game for Miller ''  kimsaysthis

'' Great game for Miller '' craze4sox

how bout we call it a 'good game'
    '
    or his best gm since he's been here

and save the ''great game  '' stuff for when he pitches 6 innings

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Too soon to say back on track, but definitely encouraging.  Pedroia and Gonzalez contributed almost nothing in terms of runs scored and/or rbi's, but it didn't seem to matter.  Plus Jake made a great grab in CF and the Sox played errorless ball.  Boy, would it be niced to sweep KC before going on to the Rangers and 100 degree baseball.  Lavarnway looks cool and collected at the plate, but ain't hitting it yet.  If AGon's 3 hits mean the slump is over, than kimsaysthis could be right.  Still, no Youk and no Papi ain't good. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

And no Ells. :( I have to say I'm a little annoyed that the pitcher hit him in the back like that. I think it was a positive for the Royals as it got Ellsbury's bat out of the game, and there were alot of balls hit in the outfield tonight that may have been caught had he been out there. I'm sure the Royals are glad that worked out so well for them. And I love Reddick, but I also believe Drew's defense was missed as well in that game. He may have even gunned that runner down at the plate. JMO

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Back on Track : Miller gave us a great game and Aceves, where would our team be without his contrubution this season?  It was also nice to see the kid get his first hit and Lowrie break out with three hits. Much needed effort from the entire team!
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

I agree about Aceves, but I didn't mention him in my post because I thought he deserved his own thread, which I put up. Lavarnway got his first RBI tonight. Give him a little time, if he plays anything like he looks, he'll be huge for the Sox. And, my bad, congrats to Lowrie as well. 

Looking forward to tomorrow's win! Hope Ells is back in the game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Back on Track : I love when Pike uses his female alter-ego

You two bubbleheads still haven't met any females? Maybe you shouldn't spend 24/7 on a rival team's message board. That can be a big turnoff, and it also keeps you from leaving your room.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Might be time to consider the "tandem starter" idea again. With 2 guys (Miller and Bedard) who are usually limited to 5 IP and a guy like Aceves who always does very well coming in after Miller, we may have a nice set-up. Good to see Miller pitch well. The Royals have a just barely better-than-average offense. He hasn't really faced many good offenses this season, but it is nice to see his ERA go under 5.00. Here's a look at Miller's opponents and their offensive rating (by runs sscored) SD    (25) Pitt  (27) Hou (26) Bal   (18) TB    (14) Bal  (18) KC   (13) CWS (19) KC    (13) (Sidenote: the Yanks now lead MLB in runs scored: we are 2nd, and Tex is just 11 runs behind us now.)  Anyways, nothing like facing a weak pitcher to finally break out of the slump.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

That's a good idea. I get what you're saying about Miller and the Royals. Still, I'm sure any game that gives him more confidence is a good game, however they decide to use him on the team. I'm a big Wake and Lackey supporter, but we may wind up needing them all.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from >.TheBabe.<. Show >.TheBabe.<'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Back on Track : That's a good idea. I get what you're saying about Miller and the Royals. Still, I'm sure any game that gives him more confidence is a good game, however they decide to use him on the team. I'm a big Wake and Lackey supporter, but we may wind up needing them all.

Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Yup pike, they certainly look back on track getting blown out by the second worst team in the AL

Sections
Shortcuts