Back to BASEBALL, PEAVY, Gomes, OLD NAPOLI , perhaps others......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Back to BASEBALL, PEAVY, Gomes, OLD NAPOLI , perhaps others......

Will be on the MOVE ..... Will be interesting to see what BEN does...... STANDING STILL is not an OPTION !!!    What say you, all my smart baseball friends  ?????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Re: Back to BASEBALL, PEAVY, Gomes, OLD NAPOLI , perhaps others......

How can a team that has four rookies starting ever be accused of "standing still"?  

It seems to be a foregone conclusion that at least one of the three you mention, Peavy, Gomes, and Napoli, are going to be traded soon but finding a trading partner that gives the Sox the best return for their players isn't something that happens overnight.  

You may not like the timeline that's going on but the FO certainly can't be accused of "Standing Still". 

Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

And I have never posted here under any other names.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to S5's comment:

How can a team that has four rookies starting ever be accused of "standing still"?  

It seems to be a foregone conclusion that at least one of the three you mention, Peavy, Gomes, and Napoli, are going to be traded soon but finding a trading partner that gives the Sox the best return for their players isn't something that happens overnight.  

You may not like the timeline that's going on but the FO certainly can't be accused of "Standing Still". 

Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

Exactly.  I see zero point in this same redundant thread other than to once again be self serving.  I like how people think that other teams are lining up to take our under performing players off our hands.  They have 2 rookies pitching in RDLR and Workman plus JBJ, Holt, Bogy and Betts playing regularly.....but that's standing still and playing older players....

Now if what Bill means is that we should trade Betts, JBJ, RDLR and Workman for a young power hitting OF'r like Stanton.....then that I can jump on board with....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]What I am sAYING, is that there will be movement, only question is HOW MUCH ???   Deadwood or a BLOCKBUSTER ??

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  I see zero point in this same redundant thread other than to once again be self serving.  I like how people think that other teams are lining up to take our under performing players off our hands.  They have 2 rookies pitching in RDLR and Workman plus JBJ, Holt, Bogy and Betts playing regularly.....but that's standing still and playing older players....

Now if what Bill means is that we should trade Betts, JBJ, RDLR and Workman for a young power hitting OF'r like Stanton.....then that I can jump on board with....

[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I don't know why Napoli would be moved unless for some reason we're now throwing in the towel on 2015 as well as 2014.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]What I am sAYING, is that there will be movement, only question is HOW MUCH ???   Deadwood or a BLOCKBUSTER ??

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Soooo....why not say that in the first place??

There will not be a 'blockbuster'. Only blockbuster would be if the Sox are big sellers and decided that Lester is not part of the future and they trade him.  I am of the opinion that if they do not plan on re-signing him then trade him.  Red Sox fans should be OUTRAGED if they do not sign him and he walks with nothing more to show for it then a draft pick....

None of the players you mention will net us more then a mid level prospect.  Napoli MAY be able to fetch something decent but I see no point in trading him.  There are no real bats in the system to replace his production and like it or not...he is one of the more productive players on offense.  Peavy is the one that will probably go.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Soooo....why not say that in the first place??

There will not be a 'blockbuster'. Only blockbuster would be if the Sox are big sellers and decided that Lester is not part of the future and they trade him.  I am of the opinion that if they do not plan on re-signing him then trade him.  Red Sox fans should be OUTRAGED if they do not sign him and he walks with nothing more to show for it then a draft pick....

None of the players you mention will net us more then a mid level prospect.  Napoli MAY be able to fetch something decent but I see no point in trading him.  There are no real bats in the system to replace his production and like it or not...he is one of the more productive players on offense.  Peavy is the one that will probably go.

[/QUOTE]Point being, this time of the year is like Christmas, we will have to wait & see what SANTA BEN can make for us !!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Trade Peavy and Gomes by all means.  I like Napoli though.  The problem with Mike is that his true spot is as a #6 hitter.  We need another power bat, obviously, but if we had that power bat plus Ortiz and Naps, that's a solid middle of the order. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Trade Peavy and Gomes by all means.  I like Napoli though.  The problem with Mike is that his true spot is as a #6 hitter.  We need another power bat, obviously, but if we had that power bat plus Ortiz and Naps, that's a solid middle of the order. 

[/QUOTE]Agree  !!!  Just don't know if there are any out there that BEN can work with ???

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Agree  !!!  Just don't know if there are any out there that BEN can work with ???

[/QUOTE]

So, you want to trade Peavy, Gomes and Napoli and"perhaps others" (whatever that means).

You don't want to resign Lester.

You don't want to sign any FA bats, (because they're too expensive, I'm assuming).

And you'd probably DFA Ortiz, if you had your way.

Man, we'd have one awesome team if you were running things....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So, you want to trade Peavy, Gomes and Napoli and"perhaps others" (whatever that means).

You don't want to sign any FA bats, (because they're too expensive, I'm assuming).

[/QUOTE]B I N G O  !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]B I N G O  !!!

[/QUOTE]

That was sarcasm, Bill.

Your team would suck.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]B I N G O  !!!

[/QUOTE]

That was sarcasm, Bill.

Your team would suck.

[/QUOTE]Maybe ......  Or they just might "play hungry" like they did last year & surprise the heck out all of us, again !!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]B I N G O  !!!

[/QUOTE]

That was sarcasm, Bill.

Your team would suck.

[/QUOTE]Maybe ......  Or they just might "play hungry" like they did last year & surprise the heck out all of us, again !!!

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, this isn't Hollywood. It doesn't work that way.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

Will be on the MOVE ..... Will be interesting to see what BEN does...... STANDING STILL is not an OPTION !!!    What say you, all my smart baseball friends  ?????

[/QUOTE]

You are an idiot.  How many more fcking threads will you start on the same topic?  Your ideas are stupid at best and I am guessing you are classified as a retar....errr...special needs.  The navy are a bunch of pussiez btw.....  

other names i have posted under:  none

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

One year left on the deal.... inconsistent..... surely one of our Grade A trade chips..... how much further can we fall with or without Napoli? 

[/QUOTE]

Napoli isn't inconsistent.  His career line is 259/360/496.  Last year 259/360/482.  This year 266/389/431.

He's streaky but a large percentage of power hitters are.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

One year left on the deal.... inconsistent..... surely one of our Grade A trade chips..... how much further can we fall with or without Napoli? 

[/QUOTE]

Napoli isn't inconsistent.  His career line is 259/360/496.  Last year 259/360/482.  This year 266/389/431.

[/QUOTE]

I remember ALL IN THE FAMILY, when Mike would have a discussion with Archie and Mike would leave the room screaming. I feel like doing the same thing when I read Bill's OP and his replies.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I remember ALL IN THE FAMILY, when Mike would have a discussion with Archie and Mike would leave the room screaming. I feel like doing the same thing when I read Bill's OP and his replies.

[/QUOTE]By all means, do us all a favor !!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Don't let the DOOR it you in the BUTT on the way out !!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Wow, this is hard to follow.  Is this right?:

• Sir William, esq., thinks "OLD NAPOLI" should/will be traded;

• Sir William thinks we need to "wait and see" if Napoli will be traded;

• Sir William thinks we should keep Napoli because he's part of a solid middle order;

• Trade Napoli?  "Bingo";

• Nope, Napoli might "play hungry" like (he) did last year & surprise the heck out all of us (sic), again !!!;

I guess this thread explains dgalehouse's the comment "especially a clever guy like Bill."  And here I was thinking Sir William, esq., was intellectually challenged when all the time it was me with a lifetime pass for the short bus.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

• Sir William thinks we should keep Napoli because he's part of a solid middle order;
    • Nope, Napoli might "play hungry" like (he) did last year & surprise the heck out all of us (sic), again !!!;

I guess this thread explain dgalehouse's comment "especially a clever guy like Bill."  And here I was thinking Sir William, esq., was intellectually challenged when all the time it was me with a lifetime pass for the short bus.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]    Why do you mention my name? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Don't let the DOOR it you in the BUTT on the way out !!!!!

[/QUOTE]

You what to hit what "in the butt"?? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I guess this thread explain dgalehouse's comment "especially a clever guy like Bill."  And here I was thinking Sir William, esq., was intellectually challenged when all the time it was me with a lifetime pass for the short bus.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]    Why do you mention my name? 

[/QUOTE]

Apologies, post amended.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I can still see it. Are you a stalker ?  A flaming baiter ? A troll? A chronic and habitual liar? All of the above? You asked me not to reply to any of your posts. So, I have not. Please keep your word and do likewise.

Stabbed by Foulke.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Something is coming! Ben will have a movement! Trade some deadwood for a blockbuster! Some kind of sports cliché better happen soon or more vague generic threads will engulf the front burner. Ben! Ya got that? Mom says get your elbows off the table and do something. Keno!

Sections
Shortcuts