Back To The Chase

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Back To The Chase

Good Morning all, well with the ASG over it's back to baseball, as we know after a rough start the Sox(as expected by most) got turned around with some steady play and a few lead changes, to close the 1st half in the top spot, Yanks also played well, weathering a few injuries(actually most of the ALE has) to remain 1 game out, it will be important to play well and get out the gate fast in the 2nd half, alot of factors will come into play this half, what would you like to see improve most for your team this half?..for me i'd like to see Jeter continue the hitting he carried into the break, for Tex to pick up his avg, and for the SP to pitch a bit deeper into games and above all remain healthy.... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

Re: Back To The Chase

In Response to Back To The Chase:
    [QUOTE]Good Morning all, well with the ASG over it's back to baseball, as we know after a rough start the Sox(as expected by most) got turned around with some steady play and a few lead changes, to close the 1st half in the top spot, Yanks also played well, weathering a few injuries(actually most of the ALE has) to remain 1 game out, it will be important to play well and get out the gate fast in the 2nd half, alot of factors will come into play this half, what would you like to see improve most for your team this half?.. for me i'd like to see Jeter continue the hitting he carried into the break, for Tex to pick up his avg, and for the SP to pitch a bit deeper into games and above all remain healthy.... 
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]
    Get Arod back healthy and ready to rock!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

what would you like to see improve most for your team this half?..

I hope bob sheppard comes back to life

dies again

and jeter goes to the funeral

as you know jeet, personally

it sure would be fun 4 me

if soriano comes back and pitches like he has the last couple of yrs

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

wait, I thought this was a Boston Red Sox forum

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

In Response to Re: Back To The Chase:
    [QUOTE]wait, I thought this was a Boston Red Sox forum
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]

At some point in the past long ago it was.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In Response to Back To The Chase:
    [QUOTE]Good Morning all, well with the ASG over it's back to baseball, as we know after a rough start the Sox(as expected by most) got turned around with some steady play and a few lead changes, to close the 1st half in the top spot, Yanks also played well, weathering a few injuries(actually most of the ALE has) to remain 1 game out, it will be important to play well and get out the gate fast in the 2nd half, alot of factors will come into play this half, what would you like to see improve most for your team this half?.. for me i'd like to see Jeter continue the hitting he carried into the break, for Tex to pick up his avg, and for the SP to pitch a bit deeper into games and above all remain healthy.... 
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Morning Jete. Tough call on this; the Sox have a few issues to figure out.  There's a bunch of things that have to happen for them, perhaps none bigger than Crawford's 2nd half performance.  Guess my wish is for him to come back and play like we know he can.  I honestly think that if that can happen, this Sox team is going to be very, very tough to beat.  The thing is, our starting pitching has been decimated, but they weren't having a bad season prior to injuries.  Crawford has yet to perform while healthy. 

If both happen, starters and Crawford get healthy and play well, it's going to be a great second half.  But after watching the NL pitching, Philly in particular, it's going to be tough for any AL team this year.  Good luck in the 2nd half!

Zac...sorry I got my undies in a bundle yesterday.  You're one of the good ones.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

1. Healthy Starters
    2. Lackey not blowing every game he starts

If this happens the Sox are set.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I'd like to see more wins.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

First and foremost is for Beckett to stay healthy and continue his CY quality performance and more important is to get both Lester and Buccholz back and pitching every five days. Health of the starters down the stretch is the key, our depth has certainly helped and tip of the cap to Wake and Miller, but we're not going anywhere without both Lester and Buccholz in the rotation. In the meantime Beckett has to give us innings and put up some zero's and the rest of the rotation has to keep us in games, give us innings and allow our offense to win us our share.

Offensively a return to form by Crawford would boost an already dynamic offense and he's to talanted to continue hitting .240. Then one way or another get some production out of RF (Drew, Reddick, or a player they aquire).

One thing that's certain is this is going to be a battle of attrition from here on with the Rays lurking just below the radar. You gotta believe that the Yanks and Sox will be active at the deadline to adress injuries and underperformace the question is will the rays address thier need for a big bat in the middle of thier lineup cause if they do with thier pitching they can close the 6 game gap pretty quickly...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BKtzmn. Show BKtzmn's posts

Pitching staff has to get healthy. Ellsbury, Gonzo & Big Papi to remain hot. Reddick to be the starting right fielder to see if he can maintain his current batting average. Drew to the bench. Crawford to get healthy and be the player we all know he can be. We need the Lazer show to return to his MVP year. Need Jed to get healthy & Marco to remain healthy. Also need Tek & Salty to keep improving as they have. Baard to keep his streak going & Paps to stop giving up runs when closing out games. Wake to his knuckler dancing & find the fountain of youth. Aceves to stay hot & Miller to keep improving. Well thats it...just saying !!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]Soxnewmex and Sindarin...
    what would you like to see improve most for your team this half?..by this i meant for Sox fans improvments 'IRT the Sox'....apologies if i was unclear...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]

must be that to post on the SKANKEE board, one must have proof of a HS diploma.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Back To The Chase : must be that to post on the SKANKEE board, one must have proof of a HS diploma.
    Posted by the_yazzer[/QUOTE]

i take it you've never taken a peak at the Yes board.  Proof of HS diploma definitely not required.

Sections
Shortcuts