BAD KARMA: YANKS CANO BEATS SOX GONZO, NOW WE LOSE TO THE NL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

BAD KARMA: YANKS CANO BEATS SOX GONZO, NOW WE LOSE TO THE NL

as a true fan, i hate to give up bragging rights to the yanks on anything. this could come back to bite us in the buttt. gonzo and cano were tied, a-gon went first in the tiebreaker and put on a show. cano with his dad pitching and his mommy watching delivered in the clutch and won by one. of course, it was no coincidence it came down to the yanks and sox. bautista doesnt have that competitive gene yet. prince fielder refused to allow one of the brewers' coaches to throw to papi with him in the competition. these guys wanted to win. papi quickly faded away. assumed it would be a-gon vs the grandy man but cano really grasps how much this really means in those locker rooms in terms of intangible leverage! 

we can always get it back but papi or youk will have to dominate and win the game for the AL tomorrow!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Re: BAD KARMA: YANKS CANO BEATS SOX GONZO!

No. It's the home-run-freaking derby. You know the same one that Abreu and Tejada won once upon a time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddyd08. Show Eddyd08's posts

Is ok let Cano for once win something because we all know once he's back to NY he will be a third class citizen. Not putting him down what Im saying is even on his own ball park hes the third class guy. Everything is Jeter,Arod,CC or Tex.....you barely hear anything from Cano. PS David pick him and Adrian to go all the way, so he was right.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

CC ... Cano only won out off the largess of Papi's station as the fella that chooses the "HR Derbiers".

If karma has it's way, Papi and the Sox will out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddyd08. Show Eddyd08's posts

correct sinceyaz

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: BAD KARMA: YANKS CANO BEATS SOX GONZO!:
    [QUOTE]correct sinceyaz
    Posted by Eddyd08[/QUOTE]

Thx .... LOVE you wall art!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The---Babe-. Show -The---Babe-'s posts

In Response to BAD KARMA: YANKS CANO BEATS SOX GONZO!:
    [QUOTE]as a true fan, i hate to give up bragging rights to the yanks on anything. this could come back to bite us in the buttt. gonzo and cano were tied, a-gon went first in the tiebreaker and put on a show. cano with his dad pitching and his mommy watching delivered in the clutch and won by one. of course, it was no coincidence it came down to the yanks and sox. bautista doesnt have that competitive gene yet. prince fielder refused to allow one of the brewers' coaches to throw to papi with him in the competition. these guys wanted to win. papi quickly faded away. assumed it would be a-gon vs the grandy man but cano really grasps how much this really means in those locker rooms in terms of intangible leverage!  we can always get it back but papi or youk will have to dominate and win the game for the AL tomorrow!

Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

He could have won by much more but didn't need to. I think he was only at six outs when he blew past agon.

Maybe if papi had gotten gregg to pitch to him he would have done better. Plus, most of agon's barely cleared the fence, Cano had some bombs!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to BAD KARMA: YANKS CANO BEATS SOX GONZO! : He could have won by much more but didn't need to. I think he was only at six outs when he blew past agon. Maybe if papi had gotten gregg to pitch to him he would have done better. Plus, most of agon's barely cleared the fence, Cano had some bombs!!
    Posted by -The---Babe-[/QUOTE]

It was a home run derby not a longest drive competition.  Gonzalez hits them like he hits them and getting into the groove is more important than the distance.  Cano won the thing fair and square.  Why do you look for additional things to criticize?  Doesn't it get old after awhile?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to BAD KARMA: YANKS CANO BEATS SOX GONZO!:
    [QUOTE]as a true fan, i hate to give up bragging rights to the yanks on anything. this could come back to bite us in the buttt. gonzo and cano were tied, a-gon went first in the tiebreaker and put on a show. cano with his dad pitching and his mommy watching delivered in the clutch and won by one. of course, it was no coincidence it came down to the yanks and sox. bautista doesnt have that competitive gene yet. prince fielder refused to allow one of the brewers' coaches to throw to papi with him in the competition. these guys wanted to win. papi quickly faded away. assumed it would be a-gon vs the grandy man but cano really grasps how much this really means in those locker rooms in terms of intangible leverage!  we can always get it back but papi or youk will have to dominate and win the game for the AL tomorrow!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

You're right, the Yanks just won the pennant!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

So they're now 2-8 against us this year.
    Laughing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The---Babe-. Show -The---Babe-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BAD KARMA: YANKS CANO BEATS SOX GONZO! : It was a home run derby not a longest drive competition.  Gonzalez hits them like he hits them and getting into the groove is more important than the distance.  Cano won the thing fair and square.  Why do you look for additional things to criticize?  Doesn't it get old after awhile?

Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

No, the OP tried to downplay it by saying that Cano only won by one. I was just pointing out that Cano went second, so he only needed to pass agone and when he did he still had several outs left.

And you know as well as I do had agone won we would be inundated with sawx better than the Yanks....agone beats Cano...type of threads.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BAD KARMA: YANKS CANO BEATS SOX GONZO! : No, the OP tried to downplay it by saying that Cano only won by one. I was just pointing out that Cano went second, so he only needed to pass agone and when he did he still had several outs left. And you know as well as I do had agone won we would be inundated with sawx better than the Yanks....agone beats Cano...type of threads.

The Babe is right about this, threads would have popped up in regard to this had AGon won.  That being said, its the HR Derby, it is all about fun and doesn't mean a damn thing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BAD KARMA: YANKS CANO BEATS SOX GONZO! : The Babe is right about this, threads would have popped up in regard to this had AGon won.  That being said, its the HR Derby, it is all about fun and doesn't mean a damn thing.
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]

Congratlautions, Babe, somebody agrees with you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Lloyd - it reminds me of 2009 when the Sox were kicking Yankee a zz all over the AL in the first half of the season. That turned out to be a good year for us in NY Tongue out

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Cano's a beast there's no denying that.

We also saw how good Adrian Gonzalez really is.  I don't really consider him a "pure slugger" rather he is a guy who will hit 30-40 HR a year just because of how great a hitter he is.  Here is a guy that leads the league or is 2nd in almost every offensive category.

H    1st
    2B   1st
    RBI  1st
    avg  1st
    slg   2nd
    ops  2nd
    runs 3rd

His numbers improve in clutch situations, and he has just an all around beast. 

Cano is no slouch either though, at only 28 he may have a MVP in his cards as well

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to BAD KARMA: YANKS CANO BEATS SOX GONZO! : He could have won by much more but didn't need to. I think he was only at six outs when he blew past agon. Maybe if papi had gotten gregg to pitch to him he would have done better. Plus, most of agon's barely cleared the fence, Cano had some bombs!!
    Posted by -The---Babe-[/QUOTE]Babe, did you watch every round? AG hit some real bombs in R2..both of them did, because AG's swing is effortless it just appears the ball's not traveling, plus the distances were being recorded...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from eaj512. Show eaj512's posts

The Yanks staff is horrible. Come on The Sox have pounded Colon Garcia and Burnett all year and the rest of the league will in the 2nd half. They are an aging slow team. That was evident is the playoffs last year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]The Yanks staff is horrible. Come on The Sox have pounded Colon Garcia and Burnett all year and the rest of the league will in the 2nd half. They are an aging slow team. That was evident is the playoffs last year.
    Posted by eaj512[/QUOTE]

They are an aging slow team.

you know that's what I keep hearing

maybe you can help me with this

SB's

Bos 9th with 58

nyy 3rd with 81

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

It was a home run derby.   That is all.   Ortiz picked those guys, it was an AL effort.  

What you should be talking about is how bad the NL stunk up the place.  Fielder included.   Makes the AL look like giants.  

Let's win the game tonight and get home field advantage in the series!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The---Babe-. Show -The---Babe-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BAD KARMA: YANKS CANO BEATS SOX GONZO! : Babe, did you watch every round? AG hit some real bombs in R2..both of them did, because AG's swing is effortless it just appears the ball's not traveling, plus the distances were being recorded...

Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Correct, the distances were being recorded. None of agone's came close to Cano's mammoth 472 ft shot.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BAD KARMA: YANKS CANO BEATS SOX GONZO! : Correct, the distances were being recorded. None of agone's came close to Cano's mammoth 472 ft shot.
    Posted by -The---Babe-[/QUOTE]maybe not, but neither were his "just clearing" the wall as you stated, hey i'm happy Cano won,though admiitedly i wanted him to not be in it...there's no reason for you to downplay AG's performance because a Yankee player won...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BAD KARMA: YANKS CANO BEATS SOX GONZO! : Correct, the distances were being recorded. None of agone's came close to Cano's mammoth 472 ft shot.

so what if he hit the ball harder...it's a home run derby not the regular season.  Cano's a beast, no argument there...we know that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Nah.  Signs and portents are more like when you are driving through Iowa and see a car with a 2004 WS Champs bumpersticker.   Or you're in a gas station in Luna, NM (pop: 600) and see a dude with a Sox cap. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I agree that was a shot and it might have been underestimated because it hit the bottom of the bottle.....but Agon's average was 422 feet so he wasnt barely clearing the wall. I dislike all things Yankee, but that said anybody who wasn't smiling at a Dad pitching to his son in an All Star game isnt a true baseball fan where its history and legacy is built on the Father Son relationship and the passing down of Baseball love and lore

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

Watching the 'lights I think Robby's went farther because his pop was throwing the ball harder.  I enjoyed the Gonzo and Cano show (after the fact.)