BAD KARMA: YANKS CANO BEATS SOX GONZO, NOW WE LOSE TO THE NL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

Re: BAD KARMA: YANKS CANO BEATS SOX GONZO!

Cano will now face the curse of the HR derby.  the winner usually has a terrible power second half, I am sure Canoe will be no differently

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Re: BAD KARMA: YANKS CANO BEATS SOX GONZO!:
    [QUOTE]Cano will now face the curse of the HR derby.  the winner usually has a terrible power second half, I am sure Canoe will be no differently
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the blessing!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from eaj512. Show eaj512's posts

Line em up position for position. Where do the Yanks win. RF and catcher maybe. Starting rotation is no contest. Yanks is horrible. Bullpen is a toss up. Come on. Yankee fans know this is a down year. Just admit it. Come on you can do it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

there was no blessing there, your reading comprehensive is very poor.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]there was no blessing there, your reading comprehensive is very poor.

You don't realize it but your post was a blessing.  Ignorance must be bliss.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joerock22. Show joerock22's posts

I don't think it's bad Karma, more like a perfect story winning.  Think about it: Cano was getting pitched to by his dad, dedicating a homer to his mom, etc.  Gonzalez said he picked his pitcher a half hour before the derby started.  If there was Karma involved, it favored Cano because he had a better story behind him.  Gonzalez is still the better hitter overall, and will show it the next time these two face each other in a real game. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

There is no bad karma.
    Thre is no good karma.
    Only karma.

Congratulations to Robinson Cano.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to BAD KARMA: YANKS CANO BEATS SOX GONZO!:
    [QUOTE]as a true fan, i hate to give up bragging rights to the yanks on anything. this could come back to bite us in the buttt. gonzo and cano were tied, a-gon went first in the tiebreaker and put on a show. cano with his dad pitching and his mommy watching delivered in the clutch and won by one. of course, it was no coincidence it came down to the yanks and sox. bautista doesnt have that competitive gene yet. prince fielder refused to allow one of the brewers' coaches to throw to papi with him in the competition. these guys wanted to win. papi quickly faded away. assumed it would be a-gon vs the grandy man but cano really grasps how much this really means in those locker rooms in terms of intangible leverage!  we can always get it back but papi or youk will have to dominate and win the game for the AL tomorrow!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

They're hitting 80 mile an hour meatballs.  It's nice to watch but has no bearing on how much of a slugger they are.  Meaningless. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I just want to say putting all of this silliness aside, congrats to robbie cano and the rest of the american league sluggers who clearly showed why the american league is the true bull of the woods. my money says that the NL gets their azzes handed to em tonight. doc halliday or not.

but bad karma? naw. just a fun night watching the best of the best is what I saw.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

[QUOTE]Line em up position for position. Where do the Yanks win. RF and catcher maybe. Starting rotation is no contest. Yanks is horrible. Bullpen is a toss up. Come on. Yankee fans know this is a down year. Just admit it. Come on you can do it.
    Posted by eaj512[/QUOTE]

I think catcher would be a tossup...I think for this year I would rather Tek and Salty than Martin and Cervelli. I still think jeter is better than anybody we have a SS....and CF(Granderson) and 2b(Cano) are also Tossups. I think the Starting Rotation is closer than no contest....though I think the Sox have a edge in the Bullpen because of depth even giving that the Yanlks  have Mariano.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Most guys save up their energy, it is total HRs, not farthest hit ... so Cano was a bit of a dufus that got lucky because his father was throwing the ball to him.  It backfired for Fielder, he was twisting and grunting trying to mash the ball ... and failed miserably.   

Cano better hit tonight, that is when it counts.    HR derby champ is quite an honor ... unless you fail during the All Star game against real pitching.  Pressure is on.  Surprised

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]there was no blessing there, your reading comprehensive is very poor.

And so is your comprehension of the English language!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think it's bad Karma, more like a perfect story winning.  Think about it: Cano was getting pitched to by his dad, dedicating a homer to his mom, etc.  Gonzalez said he picked his pitcher a half hour before the derby started.  If there was Karma involved, it favored Cano because he had a better story behind him.  Gonzalez is still the better hitter overall, and will show it the next time these two face each other in a real game. 
    Posted by joerock22[/QUOTE]JRock, it's not that serious, just a HR Derby, no need for comps, both guys were awesome..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaz68. Show Yaz68's posts

It was simply a great HR Derby.  On Saturday I gave HUGE props to Jeter and the fan that gave the ball back to him.  I simply can't give more props to another Yankee this week, as I may lose my breakfast.  All I can say is great show by 2 great players. 
    Go Sawx!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

that tall, skinny kid was a beast in the outfield.  He was gobbling up balls left and right.  Is he a player's son?  Seems kind of old for that

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Obviously, Cano's juicing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aquachuck. Show aquachuck's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BAD KARMA: YANKS CANO BEATS SOX GONZO! : Correct, the distances were being recorded. None of agone's came close to Cano's mammoth 472 ft shot.
    Posted by -The---Babe-[/QUOTE]

Who the FxxK cares?  None of Cano's dingers were opposite field shots either but I still tip my cap to him for winning.  Whether he's a Yankee or not...that was such a great HR derby, for you to come on here & as always & try to start SxxT  just shows how truly miserable you are.  Obviously you're just pouting since we have the better 1st baseman.     

time to put the bitter, single Floridian tool on ignore.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]that tall, skinny kid was a beast in the outfield.  He was gobbling up balls left and right.  Is he a player's son?  Seems kind of old for that
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]LOL...actually,that's another fun part of watching the Derby, some of those kids make some nice running catches on balls that don't go out..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]Line em up position for position. Where do the Yanks win. RF and catcher maybe. Starting rotation is no contest. Yanks is horrible. Bullpen is a toss up. Come on. Yankee fans know this is a down year. Just admit it. Come on you can do it.
    Posted by eaj512[/QUOTE]

Come on. Yankee fans know this is a down year. Just admit it. Come on you can do it.

of course UR right

but those darn standings are just so confusing

still waiting 4U to help me with your last post

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

They are an aging slow team.

you know that's what I keep hearing

maybe you can help me with this

SB's

Bos 9th with 58

nyy 3rd with 81

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Nah.  Signs and portents are more like when you are driving through Iowa and see a car with a 2004 WS Champs bumpersticker.   Or you're in a gas station in Luna, NM (pop: 600) and see a dude with a Sox cap. 
    Posted by Yoshimi25[/QUOTE]YOSHIIIIII.i think this will inspire cano to get on more of a HR tear going forward and get nore into the upper echelon on his own team and get some distance from pedy as the better second baseman. also, wasnt interesting that gonzo even in an exhibition still refused to swing at anything baddd. he mst have broken the recoed for most pitches taken in a HR derby. acta must have thrown well over a 100 pitches just to him. good thing tito wasnt around to yank him and bring in bard! 

btw, what would have happened had that fan fallen 20 feet to the concrete had his friends not saved him when he when he was too risky in trying to catch a homer? imagine the news today. baseball needs to idiot proof its stadiums.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]Watching the 'lights I think Robby's went farther because his pop was throwing the ball harder.  I enjoyed the Gonzo and Cano show (after the fact.)
    Posted by CTJake14[/QUOTE]

because his pop was throwing the ball harder.

that makes sense

you could hear gonzo telling his guy to slow it down early in the 1st rd

you could also hear him saying / joking to himself in the last round

'' gotta beat the yankee''

fun watch 4 sure

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BAD KARMA: YANKS CANO BEATS SOX GONZO! : because his pop was throwing the ball harder. that makes sense you could hear gonzo telling his guy to slow it down early in the 1st rd you could also hear him saying / joking to himself in the last round '' gotta beat the yankee'' fun watch 4 sure
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

I think it was Ellsbury telling him to beat the Yankee as he was bringing him some water.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BAD KARMA: YANKS CANO BEATS SOX GONZO! : YOSHIIIIII.i think this will inspire cano to get on more of a HR tear going forward and get nore into the upper echelon on his own team and get some distance from pedy as the better second baseman. also, wasnt interesting that gonxo even in an exhibition still refused to swing at anything baddd. he mst have broken the recoed for most pitches taken in a HR derby. acta must have thrown well over a 100 pitches just to him. good thing tito wasnt around to yank him and bring in bard!  btw, what would have happened had that fan fallen 20 feet to the concrete had his friends not saved him when he when he was too risky in trying to catch a homer.. imagine the news today. baseball needs to idiot proof its stadiums.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]LOL..i was waiting for Manny to chuck one up and in..Tongue out...CC, that would have been ugly, he would have completely missed the pool...they've gotta stop being so overzealous, WTH was he thinking standing on that tiny platform?..