Bad Yankee karma

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundvl20. Show sundvl20's posts

Bad Yankee karma

hopefully this is the beginning of some bad karma for Girardi and his laying down against TB. Sox did not deserve to go. they put themselves in that position but still the way Girardi played that out and the little smile on his face when Longoria  jacked that grooved pitch will always sit bad with me

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Bad Yankee karma

In Response to Bad Yankee karma:
    hopefully this is the beginning of some bad karma for Girardi and his laying down against TB. Sox did not deserve to go. they put themselves in that position but still the way Girardi played that out and the little smile on his face when Longoria  jacked that grooved pitch will always sit bad with me
    Posted by sundvl20

I support you my man

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

I was pulling for the Tigers and the Rangers for that very reason...but if the Sox were in the same position as the yanks and we were playing the Rays..not sure I'd have had a problem with grooving a few cookies late to insure my rival was elimanted...

Was it poor sportmanship or good gamesmanship?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Doesn't matter what Giradi did...the Sox put him in the driver's seat and he drove them right off the cliff.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Can't put the Sox failure to make the playoffs on Girardi.  He did what he needed to do to get ready for playoffs he knew his team was in.  Rays went out and won it.  If the Sox had won their game, which was in the bag until Papelbon gave it away, there would have been a playoff.  And the Sox would have gone down to Tampa and lost.  If Longoria doesn't jack one out and the Rays lose, the Sox still would have gone down to Tampa and lost.

That said, I do hope the 2012 Sox go into the season with a chip on their shoulder and extra motivation to stick it to the Yanks, and to Tampa.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Bad Yankee karma:
    That said, I do hope the 2012 Sox go into the season with a chip on their shoulder and extra motivation to stick it to the Yanks, and to Tampa.
    Posted by parhunter1
    Especially Tampa.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundvl20. Show sundvl20's posts

Can't put the Sox failure to make the playoffs on Girardi.  He did what he needed to do to get ready for playoffs he knew his team was in.  Rays went out and won it.  If the Sox had won their game, which was in the bag until Papelbon gave it away, there would have been a playoff.  And the Sox would have gone down to Tampa and lost.  If Longoria doesn't jack one out and the Rays lose, the Sox still would have gone down to Tampa and lost. That said, I do hope the 2012 Sox go into the season with a chip on their shoulder and extra motivation to stick it to the Yanks, and to Tampa.
    Posted by parhunter1

I didnt put their failure on Girardi. I put it squarely on the Sox. I simply know Girardi could have made a better effort to win those games while still doing what was best for his team

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

Posted by feelec

Yeah blame it on Girardi and invoke karma.  Ignore the fact that he RS went 7-20 in the month of September including losing 5 of 7 to the O's, .. a team with one of the worst records in baseball.  Ignore the fact that they couldn't win the last series of the year or hold a lead in the last game of the year knowing the only thing at stake was a playoff slot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

It's easy to blame the Yankees for what happened. The truth is that we should never have been in that position on the final day of the season. The Sox appeared to be the best team in the AL at the beginning of the season. They just didn't play that way in September.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundvl20. Show sundvl20's posts

In Response to Bad Yankee karma : Yeah blame it on Girardi and invoke karma.  Ignore the fact that he RS went 7-20 in the month of September including losing 5 of 7 to the O's, .. a team with one of the worst records in baseball.  Ignore the fact that they couldn't win the last series of the year or hold a lead in the last game of the year knowing the only thing at stake was a playoff slot.
    Posted by heobrien

dont know how i can say this any more elementary. I am putting the meltdown 100% on the Sox. They put themselves in the position to let this happen. I am simply stating Girardi took advantage of the situation and enjoyed putting his team in position to lose these games and his little smile showed it. Payback for me was watching the puss fight back tears at the microphone after his team eliminated

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

Doesn't matter what Giradi did...the Sox put him in the driver's seat and he drove them right off the cliff."

and he took his team with him

rs deserved what they got..NADA!

nyy gave tb a gift  and tb made the gift into a curse

which cursed em both..and even took a  stop down in PE.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Posted by sundvl20

I said the exact same thing during that that last 3 game series!  I agree with the entire post!  Sox didn't deserve to get any "help" from the Yankees, but they CLEARLY laid down!!!!!

This BAD KARMA (which I don't really believe in), perhaps reaping what you sow?????  Whatever you call it, I HOPE the Yankees get their just desserts for years to come!!!!

p.s.  Let's also hope the Red Sox DON'T get what they deserve for another year!  Let's pray they come to ST READY TO PLAY in 2012!  READY to embrace the new management & come together as a TEAM!  Let's also hope we get rid of the players with bad attitudes who are dragging down this team.  Lackey is a NO BRAINER!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Bad Yankee karma : dont know how i can say this any more elementary. I am putting the meltdown 100% on the Sox. They put themselves in the position to let this happen. I am simply stating Girardi took advantage of the situation and enjoyed putting his team in position to lose these games and his little smile showed it. Payback for me was watching the puss fight back tears at the microphone after his team eliminated
    Posted by sundvl20

Completely manufactured.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Yes we had our destiny in our own hands and many Yankee haters, of which I am one, can feel the Yankees went to sleep vs. the Rays, but I am not going to blame them. I, actually, was rooting for the Rays vs, Texas so they'd come back & beat the Yankees but now am delighted---small pleasure---that they & NY are out!!!

We, our fans and some of the players who truly did put out like Ellsbury, Pedroia & Aceves, should be upset as I that we didn't go to the post season as I say below:

What hurts is that in a short series a team can get hot and a hot team, cold. With the Rays, Yankees & Phillies out, hate to open up old wounds and I remember many saying we are just as lucky we didn't make it as we'd have been swept, saved the humiliation etc. but I'd have liked us to have been there &
    WHO KNOWS !!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

In Response to Re: Bad Yankee karma : dont know how i can say this any more elementary. I am putting the meltdown 100% on the Sox. They put themselves in the position to let this happen. I am simply stating Girardi took advantage of the situation and enjoyed putting his team in position to lose these games and his little smile showed it. Payback for me was watching the puss fight back tears at the microphone after his team eliminated
    Posted by sundvl20

Then I guess Terry Francona is no better than Girardi because he said that if he were in the Yankee position he'd have been rewsting his players and preparing his pitchers for the post season too.  You know why he said that?  Because that's what intelligent baseball people do when when there is nothing left to play for.  

"Payback for me was watching the puss fight back tears at the microphone after his team eliminated"

Then that says more about you then anything you've tried to imply about Girardi.  Fortunately for you any year the Yankees don't win the WS the RS season isn't a complete loss.  Personally, I'd rather root for a team than against one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arodswallows. Show Arodswallows's posts

the yankees team didnt care in the final series, and guess what? they didnt have to, they didnt skreu boston on purpose, but why would they have to save the redsox?

the redsox made their bed...

all they had to do is win 10 or 11 games out of 27, doesnt sound that hard right?

cant blame or curse others when they play like the 1962 mets a whole month...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"his little smile showed it?" Remind me not to smile around you so you don't assume that it means I slept with your gf. His "little smile" did not confirm anything. 

The Yanks went out a did us a service and pummeled Tampa Bay the series before. Then they were up 7-0 with two innings to go. Don't tell me you expected them to send Rivera out there. 

"Sox did not deserve to go."

C'mon, if any team dug their own grave it was the 2011 Red Sox. Even Atlanta had a couple more wins than we did. We invited the Rays to win the wild card and they took us up on the offer. 

I hate the Yanks as much as any Sox fan and was happy to see them lose, but to pin any of that on Girardi is wacky. You really need to rethink. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ABQDan. Show ABQDan's posts

Yes, I always expect the Yankees' manager to do what's best for the Red Sox.

:: eye roll ::

Sections
Shortcuts