Bailey- damaged goods?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Re: Bailey- damaged goods?

In Response to Re: Bailey- damaged goods?:
    [QUOTE]"Bailey likely injured his thumb during a 6-5 loss to the Pirates in an exhibition game March 21 at Bradenton, Fla." “He was covering first and collided with Alex Pressley and fell,’’ Cherington said. “At the time, he didn’t think anything of it, but he started to experience some soreness shortly after that and then went back and looked back at the video and he definitely landed on the thumb."
    Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE]
    This guy is so fragile it is pathetic. His injury history speaks for itself. Out until after the All Star break, give me a break. Chalk this up to a complete waste of resources.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to "Re: Bailey- damaged goods?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bailey- damaged goods? : Actually, it's completely different. First off, the Yanks had 6 starters for 5 spots with Pettitte on the horizon. And Pineda has bursitis, not going in for surgery. The red flops now have their closer going in for surgery and missing an undetermined amount of time, thus taking out a major piece of an already questionable bullpen. To claim that it's the same is purely ludicrous. Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE] Piñata came into camp as the Yankees no 2 and was about to leave camp in AAA. Do make it seem like the Yankees do not have a lot invested in him. The Yankees gave up much more then the Sox with Bailey to get him. Right now it looks like a horrible trade.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmm21. Show gmm21's posts

And Reddick went yard again last night, and threw out a runner at the plate...lets see how he does over a 162 game schedule but he looks very good this spring out on the left coast

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]And Reddick went yard again last night, and threw out a runner at the plate...lets see how he does over a 162 game schedule but he looks very good this spring out on the left coast
    Posted by gmm21[/QUOTE]
    True, I was a little disappointed they traded Reddick. Curious to see what he does over a full season. By the way are you refering to the Tom Brady tuck rule  in the playoff game against the Raiders in regards to Jan. 19 / 2002 ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]"Bailey likely injured his thumb during a 6-5 loss to the Pirates in an exhibition game March 21 at Bradenton, Fla." “He was covering first and collided with Alex Pressley and fell,’’ Cherington said. “At the time, he didn’t think anything of it, but he started to experience some soreness shortly after that and then went back and looked back at the video and he definitely landed on the thumb."
    Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE]

they discribed his injury as a skier's hand. sort of like hitting the ground as if you had a ski pole in your hand. he landed square on his thumb which could have happened to anybody. he was doing just fine until this happened. in other words, he wasn't damaged goods during ST.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bailey- damaged goods? : they discribed his injury as a skier's hand. sort of like hitting the ground as if you had a ski pole in your hand. he landed square on his thumb which could have happened to anybody. he was doing just fine until this happened. in other words, he wasn't damaged goods during ST.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]
    This may be true, but given his injury history & being so fragile, it was inevitible
    he would be landing on the DL at some point.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bailey- damaged goods? : This may be true, but given his injury history & being so fragile, it was inevitible he would be landing on the DL at some point.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

fragile? I think it was simply a case of bad luck. he hurt his hand making a play. look at all the reports around the entire mlb about players getting hurt and pulling hammys and spraining everything. playing baseball at the major league level you can get hurt real easily.. I never made it to the majors but I did play college and then park league when I was alot younger. jams and sprains were the norm.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Bailey- damaged goods?": Piñata came into camp as the Yankees no 2 and was about to leave camp in AAA. Do make it seem like the Yankees do not have a lot invested in him. The Yankees gave up much more then the Sox with Bailey to get him. Right now it looks like a horrible trade.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]

No, he was never expected to be the #2 right out f the gate. The only ones who expected that is the media and some clueless fans.

Speaking of which, only a clueless fan would judge the trade before either player has even played in a game yet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bailey- damaged goods? : No, he was never expected to be the #2 right out f the gate. The only ones who expected that is the media and some clueless fans. Speaking of which, only a clueless fan would judge the trade before either player has even played in a game yet.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

I don't agree with you much, but I have to say you're right.  Impossible to judge anything until at least some games have actually been played.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Cherrington was not had.  It was a bang-bang play collission in ST.  If there was a recurrence of any of his previous injuries or an outcropping thereof, then, yes, he may have been had.  But it wasn't.

And not only was he not "had", but I think he looks pretty good right now for making sure that he made getting an insurance hoss set-up guy/closer in Melancon.  It is certainly a blow to the cause to lose Bailey, but, given the potential disaster of losing your closer before the season even begins, the Sox are in pretty darn good shape at the back end of the pen.  Aceves/Melancon is a tandem most clubs would love to have.  And, if need be, they can always get D. Bard back to doing what he actually does well.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]Cherrington was not had.  It was a bang-bang play collission in ST.  If there was a recurrence of any of his previous injuries or an outcropping thereof, then, yes, he may have been had.  But it wasn't. And not only was he not "had", but I think he looks pretty good right now for making sure that he made getting an insurance hoss set-up guy/closer in Melancon.  It is certainly a blow to the cause to lose Bailey, but, given the potential disaster of losing your closer before the season even begins, the Sox are in pretty darn good shape at the back end of the pen.  Aceves/Melancon is a tandem most clubs would love to have.  And, if need be, they can always get D. Bard back to doing what he actually does well.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Hey Space, thought you might get a kick out of the video at the end of this article.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bailey- damaged goods? : Hey Space, thought you might get a kick out of the video at the end of this article. http://networkedblogs.com/vWXN5  
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

Haha.  Nice Babe.  The eephus is a weapon of mass frustration.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmm21. Show gmm21's posts

"By the way are you refering to the Tom Brady tuck rule  in the playoff game against the Raiders in regards to Jan. 19 / 2002 ? "

Yes I am, tuck rule, give me a break!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to "Re: Bailey- damaged goods?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bailey- damaged goods? : No, he was never expected to be the #2 right out f the gate. The only ones who expected that is the media and some clueless fans. Speaking of which, only a clueless fan would judge the trade before either player has even played in a game yet. Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE] So they knew that they were trading Montero for an AAA pitcher who got hurt? You sure this is going as plan?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to "Re: Bailey- damaged goods?": [QUOTE]"By the way are you refering to the Tom Brady tuck rule  in the playoff game against the Raiders in regards to Jan. 19 / 2002 ? " Yes I am, tuck rule, give me a break! Posted by gmm21[/QUOTE] Really it has been ten years and the tuck rule hasn't changed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Bailey- damaged goods?": So they knew that they were trading Montero for an AAA pitcher who got hurt? You sure this is going as plan?
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]

Sorry cluelessjoe, but I don't see where I said that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to "Re: Bailey- damaged goods?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bailey- damaged goods? : Sorry cluelessjoe, but I don't see where I said that. Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE] You love criticizing Beckett and Bailey but deflect on Piñata and chamberlain. I don't think it takes a genius to see what you are.

Sections
Shortcuts