Bailey- damaged goods?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Bailey- damaged goods?

I wonder if good ole BC was had

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Bailey- damaged goods?

BC = Brian Cashman.  He was had on Pineda-agreed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

He is a always hurt and that is why Oakland did not want to pay him big money. Young Ben jumped at this guy as well as another guy built like Mike Cameron (Sweeny) who cannot hit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

In Response to Bailey- damaged goods?:
    I wonder if good ole BC was had
    Posted by jader

Maybe they can ask for additional compensation after the fact.

Kinda like they are trying to do with ineptstein now.

Talk about being clueless.

What's next, they ask the Yankees for additional compensation on the Babe Ruth trade?!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

This whole organization is damaged goods. Winning a championship in their second year of ownership led to an entitled, smarter-than-you management who is unaccountable and phony.

Titanic IS airing again...no, not Speilberg's version, you can watch it in real life 3D over at Fenway.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: Bailey- damaged goods?:
    This whole organization is damaged goods. Winning a championship in their second year of ownership led to an entitled, smarter-than-you management who is unaccountable and phony. Titanic IS airing again...no, not Speilberg's version, you can watch it in real life 3D over at Fenway.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

I think that you are over-reacting. Bailey is injured and needs surgery. That happens in sports all of the time. We have a very good team and will do just fine this year. This is no differant than Pineda going on the DL for the Yankees. At the end of the season we will be in the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

In Response to Re: Bailey- damaged goods? : I think that you are over-reacting. Bailey is injured and needs surgery. That happens in sports all of the time. We have a very good team and will do just fine this year. This is no differant than Pineda going on the DL for the Yankees. At the end of the season we will be in the playoffs.
    Posted by jrh1194

Actually, it's completely different.

First off, the Yanks had 6 starters for 5 spots with Pettitte on the horizon.

And Pineda has bursitis, not going in for surgery.

The red flops now have their closer going in for surgery and missing an undetermined amount of time, thus taking out a major piece of an already questionable bullpen.

To claim that it's the same is purely ludicrous.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: Bailey- damaged goods? : Actually, it's completely different. First off, the Yanks had 6 starters for 5 spots with Pettitte on the horizon. And Pineda has bursitis, not going in for surgery. The red flops now have their closer going in for surgery and missing an undetermined amount of time, thus taking out a major piece of an already questionable bullpen. To claim that it's the same is purely ludicrous.
    Posted by TBINFL

The Sox have Aceves and Melancon to close until Bailey comes back. And you are wrong...Pineda has tendinitis not bursitis. It's "purely ludicrous" to make a statement and not have the correct facts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

Are the Yankee fans in their forums blaming Cashman for all of their random injuries? These things happen all the time on other teams. I've been away from the forum for a few years but the stupidity is still here.
    Posted by Firefligh2008

I agree. You can't blame a GM for random injuries.

But I do have to say, the red flops' medical staff do not exactly enjoy a stellar reputation lately.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

I don't like the lack of definition on exactly when and how this injury occured. It's one thing to have a sore arm, need some rest for a couple of weeks. This guy's out until the All Star break, if he's even back by then. Couple this with the busted down compensation we received for Epstein, and one wonders if there is any intelligence in that front office at all. We're rapidly becomming the laughing stock of Baseball, and a team other's feel comfortable taking advantage of. Pathetic. And I hope they got a second opinion of Bailey's need for surgery. One thing I know for sure is surgeons always want to cut-always. I'd like to hear a coherant diagnosis, instead of all this foolish cloak and dagger secrecy crap.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

I agree one hundred percent . In fact, my doctor told me that I needed prostate surgery last year and I told him he was full of sh-it. I took a vitamin supplement from the bark of a tree in Africa and I was fine. You really can't trust those bas-tards. All they want is another handout from Obamacare. Bill-806 is right. Everyone makes little of the old fa-rt but he really knows what he is talking about. Another guy that makes sense on this forum is Alibiike. We are lucky to have them. I am still undecided on Hank but he seems like a sincere dude.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

ROFL!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

No just an often injured pitcher and the first mistake made by Ben Cherrington. The second one was Carpenter from the Cubs without checking medical records and trusting Theo. Young Ben is getting an education. The third will be when when of our starters goes down because there is not adequate depth.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Apparently the FO checked the medical records very thoroughly of both Bailey and Carpenter before they came here. If anyone has objective evidence to the contrary then please feel free to post it and enlighten us. Opinions and speculation are not worth a pizzhole in a snowbank in January. The fact is that we as fans don't know.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teakus. Show Teakus's posts

Would you care to share with us anything suggesting the Sox "checked the medical records very thoroughly of both Bailey and Carpenter"? The fact is Carpenter had a big old bone fragment in his elbow that would have showed up on any simple x-ray. Having records available to you, and actually checking said records "thoroughly", are two entirely separate matters. Nope,the Red Sox were caught napping again-and you'll be hearing alot more about this all soon.

Apparently the FO checked the medical records very thoroughly of both Bailey and Carpenter before they came here. If anyone has objective evidence to the contrary then please feel free to post it and enlighten us. Opinions and speculation are not worth a pizzhole in a snowbank in January. The fact is that we as fans don't know.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I agree one hundred percent . In fact, my doctor told me that I needed prostate surgery last year and I told him he was full of sh-it. I took a vitamin supplement from the bark of a tree in Africa and I was fine. You really can't trust those bas-tards. All they want is another handout from Obamacare. Bill-806 is right. Everyone makes little of the old fa-rt but he really knows what he is talking about. Another guy that makes sense on this forum is Alibiike. We are lucky to have them. I am still undecided on Hank but he seems like a sincere dude.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c

Nice feeble attempt to convince us you're right wing as a distraction when we know you aren't. Hence Enchilada's response. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Did the Red Sox acquire their closer in Mark Melancon by trading damaged goods in Jed Lowrie (who may open the season the DL)?

Andrew Bailey and Lowrie share concerning injury histories.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Yes, Bailey is damaged goods. His history of injuries, coupled with this recent DL stint until July supports that. Even when he comes back, there is no guarantee that he is effective or that he stays healthy. Hopefully Melancon and Aceves can fill the closer role. We are off to another great start here guys, Bailey (DL), Crawford (Rehabbing), Beckett (In TX getting checked out), AND we have not even seen opening day! Third place finish is slowly fading away.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

"Bailey likely injured his thumb during a 6-5 loss to the Pirates in an exhibition game March 21 at Bradenton, Fla."

“He was covering first and collided with Alex Pressley and fell,’’ Cherington said. “At the time, he didn’t think anything of it, but he started to experience some soreness shortly after that and then went back and looked back at the video and he definitely landed on the thumb."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

In Response to Re: Bailey- damaged goods? : Actually, it's completely different. First off, the Yanks had 6 starters for 5 spots with Pettitte on the horizon. And Pineda has bursitis, not going in for surgery. The red flops now have their closer going in for surgery and missing an undetermined amount of time, thus taking out a major piece of an already questionable bullpen. To claim that it's the same is purely ludicrous.
    Posted by TBINFL

This is not a big deal.  Any sox fan who was counting on Bailey to be the redsox savior is a bit crazy.  There's plenty of guys on the team who can handle the closer job well enough.  It would be nice to have a lights out closer, but that's not going to make or break this team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

Posted by 6k42lt913c

Injuries happen despite the best doctors and no team is immune from injuries.  Sometimes you can actually see when an injury occurs (wrong sport, but hello Joe Theisman), but other times injuries seem to come out of thin air.  I agree that we as fans don't know about this stuff, so any speculation on our parts isn't doing anyone any good.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kirbyrob. Show kirbyrob's posts

Pinning hopes on Melencon. It's just - WOW.

When Boston picked him up, I remember thinking "NY had him for a season or two, right??"

He was probably better off in Lesser NL Waste. THe AL  Beast is going to feast on him again.

Good luck.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Posted by 6k42lt913c
    Not that I am PARANOID, but are you pulling my leg !!!!!!Cool

Sections
Shortcuts