Bailey is the closer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Bailey is the closer

Just heard on WEEI that hanrahan is dealing with a hammy, and Bailey will close for the time being...No DL stint announced

edit: heres the link

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/04/14/john-farrell-joel-hanrahan-day-to-day-with-right-hamstring-soreness/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Bailey is the closer

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Just heard on WEEI that hanrahan is dealing with a hammy, and Bailey will close for the time being...No DL stint announced

Think Hanrahan would have gotten a few more shots, before making a move, paw. May be for the best. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thegrandsalami. Show thegrandsalami's posts

it's great to have Bailey pitching well again so he can step right in not too many teams have this option.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Think Hanrahan would have gotten a few more shots, before making a move, paw. May be for the best. 

Whether the hamstring thing is true or not, I could care less. Best move is to get him out of there until they fugure out what his problem is. I could care less if its some sort of "spin" or not. The important thing is Bailey closing right now, which is the right move. Hes on fire right now.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Whether the hamstring thing is true or not, I could care less. Best move is to get him out of there until they fugure out what his problem is. I could care less if its some sort of "spin" or not. The important thing is Bailey closing right now, which is the right move. Hes on fire right now.

That was my first thought, too. Regardless, they can't keep running him out there without a 5 run lead, at leastWink

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

“I had some issues with my legs last year,” Hanrahan said in December when the Red Sox traded for him. "I hurt my hamstring early on in the year and had a sore ankle for a while that went under the wraps. I was wearing a tight ankle brace for a couple of weeks that kind of restricted my mechanics. I don’t think that walks are going to be a concern.”

"I kind of pitched with a bum leg for about a month there," Hanrahan told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette in May 2012. "It was something that I was kind of dealing with, but it wasn't going to stop me from going out on the field. I feel like I've got two healthy legs [now], so it definitely makes a big difference."

In 2006, Hanrahan missed time in the minors with a right hamstring issue as well.

seems like an on going problem for him. We are very lucky to have the luxury of 2 AS closers on our staff right now. Thank You Ben C.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thegrandsalami. Show thegrandsalami's posts

I think Han may be having some issues but he is the real deal very good closer,no worries on him at this point.Preventing runs should not be a problem for this team;scoring them is what is concerning me now right now would love to see Papi return healthy and make a difference.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

That was my first thought, too. Regardless, they can't keep running him out there without a 5 run lead, at leastWink

After reading the article and the statements Tv Guy/Pike posted, it looks like this hammy has been a reoccurring issue for hanrahan.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/04/14/john-farrell-joel-hanrahan-day-to-day-with-right-hamstring-soreness/

Its not unexpected at all that Hanrahan is going to eventually go on the phantom DL list very soon. If he were really injured he would already be there. If Bailey pitches well as closer then he and Hanrahan will be swithing roles.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

After reading the article and the statements Tv Guy/Pike posted, it looks like this hammy has been a constant issue for hanrahan.

and 50 others

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to thegrandsalami's comment:

I think Han may be having some issues but he is the real deal very good closer,no worries on him at this point.Preventing runs should not be a problem for this team;scoring them is what is concerning me now right now would love to see Papi return healthy and make a difference.

Papi has looked great so far in Pawtucket. No issues at all have been reported. hes been hitting well and running with no issues.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

After reading the article and the statements Tv Guy/Pike posted, it looks like this hammy has been a constant issue for hanrahan.

and 50 others

exactly. But still some good statements to give us a clear picture as to how long hes dealt with hamstring issues.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Papi has looked great so far in Pawtucket. No issues at all have been reported. hes been hitting well and running with no issues.

Ortiz is expected back by the end of the week. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Ortiz is expected back by the end of the week. 

This offense could really use his bat and presence in that lineup right now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

If that is true, then I feel better about the guy......  He is a big strong guy and has good stuff.....  Ben should  D L him and make sure the HAMMY gets squared away  !!!   We have pitchers waiting for their opportunity !!!  Baily looks gooood so far !!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

If that is true, then I feel better about the guy......  He is a big strong guy and has good stuff.....  Ben should  D L him and make sure the HAMMY gets squared away  !!!   We have pitchers waiting for their opportunity !!!  Baily looks gooood so far !!

See Bill...I told you hes not "Done". Gotta have more patience and faith brother.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

See Bill...I told you hes not "Done". Gotta have more patience and faith brother.

I think that I was speaking about PAPI  ??????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

yes, my bad. I had read the above post about how well papi was doing in AAA so far and got them mixed up. But I guess my statement still applies knowing that Papi is looking great so far with no issues to speak of. He should return next week... Hes not "Done"

http://bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/04/13/david-ortiz-shows-progression-second-game-rehab-assignment-with-pawtucket-red-sox/LpoFrSL4FziQtUgxQo9rEI/story.html

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

yes, my bad. I had read the above post about how well papi was doing in AAA so far and got them mixed up. But I guess my statement still applies knowing that Papi is looking great so far with no issues to speak of. He should return next week... Hes not "Done"

Yeah, good reports so far, paw. Lets just hope he doesn't have a set back. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Its not unexpected at all that Hanrahan is going to eventually go on the phantom DL list very soon. If he were really injured he would already be there. If Bailey pitches well as closer then he and Hanrahan will be swithing roles.

Bailey will be the closer until Hanrahan gets healthy.

http://nesn.com/2013/04/joel-hanrahan-dealing-with-tightness-in-right-hamstring-according-to-john-farrell/

And if Bailey is lights out for the duration of Hanrahan's recovery period? What then? Does Hanrahan get his job back? Personally, I would ride Bailey if he does the job. Once you have a hamstring injury it takes a very very long time for it to completely heal. Some doctors think it never really completely heals as there is scar tissue in the body of the muscle that interfere with proper function permanently-or at least make it more prone to recurrent injury. We'll see if Hanrahan is ever given the ball in the ninth inning again.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

http://nesn.com/2013/04/joel-hanrahan-dealing-with-tightness-in-right-hamstring-according-to-john-farrell/

And if Bailey is lights out for the duration of Hanrahan's recovery period? What then? Does Hanrahan get his job back? Personally, I would ride Bailey if he does the job. Once you have a hamstring injury it takes a very very long time for it to completely heal. Some doctors think it never really completely heals as there is scar tissue in the body of the muscle that interfere with proper function permanently-or at least make it more prone to recurrent injury. We'll see if Hanrahan is ever given the ball in the ninth inning again.

My feeling is it's their job to lose. Bailey was the closer, then lost it to Hanrahan. If he returns to form and gets the job done, it's his, until proven otherwise

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I believe Hanny has been dealing with hamstring issues for years now. I would leave Bailey in as long as hes doing good.

Sections
Shortcuts