Bailey pitching like a closer | Inglesias OK, able to play | Bautista out again

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re: Bailey pitching like a closer | Inglesias OK, able to play | Bautista out again

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

I can understand semi-literate half-wits like William being unable to spell the names of Sox players....but you'd expect the Boston Globe to be able to get their names right.  Pathetic.

Anybody know if they have sub-eds on their website?

Great post, my man!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re: Bailey pitching like a closer | Inglesias OK, able to play | Bautista out again

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

Iglesias is the Spanish word for "religion".

Ingles is the Spanish word for English

Most high school student who have studied Spanish might for a moment think that the player's Joseph English and the translation is Jose Ingles.

However the last name of Iglesias ( religion) is very commom in Spain.  Carole Religion, Fred Religion, Mike Religion. It is very rare here to have a last name of English.

You must be Pike, wrong as always.  It means churches, not religions.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

I stand corrected. It means "church". I edited my reply. I can still see why an editor made the mistake - no big deal. Bill just copied what he read - no big deal.  No reason for such hateful responses to Bill or to me. Lighten up.

LOL... You mean like your hateful responses correcting and accusing everyone? Hahaha....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Excellent, Iggy will be ready to play and OK for his AAA demotion. He's been terrible. Can't wait to see this "premium guy", S. Drew.

Me either. Guy's a real dirt dog. Great addition to the team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Yes, they made a mistake, but spelling errors are a little more tolerable on website stuff because we all have to self-edit, which is an absolutely must for me because my brain has trouble spelling and composing at the same time. 

There can be no doubt everyone knows the correct way to spell Iglesias by now because we write about him and argue about him incessantly. 

Speaking of whom, I have been impressed with his bunting, easily the best I can remember by a Red Sox player.  Can anyone remember a better? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Yes, they made a mistake, but spelling errors are a little more tolerable on website stuff because we all have to self-edit, which is an absolutely must for me because my brain has trouble spelling and composing at the same time. 

There can be no doubt everyone knows the correct way to spell Iglesias by now because we write about him and argue about him incessantly. 

Speaking of whom, I have been impressed with his bunting, easily the best I can remember by a Red Sox player.  Can anyone remember a better? 

Aparicio could drop a bunt into a golf hole better than I could putt the ball.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

What a tremendous fielder he was for the Sox even at his advanced age.

I remember he used to keep his eye on the ball, even as he transfered it to his throwing hand. Looked kinda cool!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I remember he used to keep his eye on the ball, even as he transfered it to his throwing hand. Looked kinda cool!

I saw him with the RS.  Guy on first, grounder up the middle.  Just before it reaches Aparicio, the ball takes a bad hop.  Aparicio reaches behind on his way to 2nd, barehands the ball, steps on 2nd, and on to first for the DP.  It was so smooth, it took a minute to sink in.

A lot of people think Maury Wills brought back the SB, but it was Aparicio.  And for all the talk about Jackie Robinson, he only lead the league in SB twice.  Aparicio did it 8 years in a row.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundvl20. Show sundvl20's posts

Little Louie the reason I ended a Sox fan and never been to Boston. Followed him thru his career and he left me with this team. Been a fun ride

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I saw him with the RS.  Guy on first, grounder up the middle.  Just before it reaches Aparicio, the ball takes a bad hop.  Aparicio reaches behind on his way to 2nd, barehands the ball, steps on 2nd, and on to first for the DP.  It was so smooth, it took a minute to sink in.

A lot of people think Maury Wills brought back the SB, but it was Aparicio.  And for all the talk about Jackie Robinson, he only lead the league in SB twice.  Aparicio did it 8 years in a row.

Wasn't it 9 in a row to start his career?

Also, I think he finished 2nd in an MVP vote with an OPS under .650. That can never happen today. Fielding, especially at the SS position, is so under-rated.

I think Luis never had an OPS over .700 until late in his career. His career OBP was around .300 or .310. Man, he was fun to watch.