Bailey to sign with the Yankees!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Bailey to sign with the Yankees!

Will he resurrect his career? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Re: Bailey to sign with the Yankees!

Isn't Bob Bailey kind of old?  I never understood what Zimmer saw in that guy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to newenglanderinexile's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Isn't Bob Bailey kind of old?  I never understood what Zimmer saw in that guy.

[/QUOTE]

Hey now, Bailey had some decent years with the Expos:

28 HR, 84 RBI, .286 --  .407 OBP, 597 SLG, 1.004 OPS (1970).

14-83-.251

26-86-.273

20-73-.280

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

How stupid are the Yankees?

"Gee our entire 2013 was completely derailed by injuries!! Know who we should bring in to stop that?  Brian Roberts and Andy Bailey!!"

They had to be absolutely CRUSHED when the Red Sox beat them to Grady Sizemore...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How stupid are the Yankees?

"Gee our entire 2013 was completely derailed by injuries!! Know who we should bring in to stop that?  Brian Roberts and Andy Bailey!!"

They had to be absolutely CRUSHED when the Red Sox beat them to Grady Sizemore...

[/QUOTE]

LOL!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

It's a good move on Bailey's part...if healthy he's a lock to make thier 25 man roster...for the yanks it's a no brainer low risk reward move....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from javaukti1. Show javaukti1's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's a good move on Bailey's part...if healthy he's a lock to make thier 25 man roster...for the yanks it's a no brainer low risk reward move....

[/QUOTE]

if i remember right, b/c of his injury he is not going to be pitching until at least june or july, so will take up a spot on the 40 man roster 'til then.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to javaukti1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

if i remember right, b/c of his injury he is not going to be pitching until at least june or july, so will take up a spot on the 40 man roster 'til then.

[/QUOTE]

Could be he signed a minor league deal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

It will be good for Bailey to sign again with any team.  Perhaps he can resurrect his career?

He certainly did not add anything to the Red Sox in two years although he seemed like a good guy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

it was a minor league deal

bottom line

Torn shoulder capsules are very serious and no pitcher has returned from one to recapture his previous form. Guys like Chien-Ming Wang, Rich Harden, Johan Santana, and Mark Prior have all been derailed by torn capsules. I really think this move is geared more towards 2015 (especially with David Robertson due to become a free agent), but there is a chance Bailey will be able to help down the stretch this year.

http://riveraveblues.com/2014/02/dierkes-yankees-close-deal-andrew-bailey-99737/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Bailey might have a better year than Tanaka.  j/k   LOL   Wink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ice

I'm guessing U haven't seen tanakas' pop star wife

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ice

I'm guessing U haven't seen tanakas' pop star wife

[/QUOTE]

Hello pinstripezac35   Laughing

Damn she is hot!!!  Tanaka better be careful.  Jeter might send her a very nice gift basket.   Wink

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

bottom line

Torn shoulder capsules are very serious and no pitcher has returned from one to recapture his previous form. Guys like Chien-Ming Wang, Rich Harden, Johan Santana, and Mark Prior have all been derailed by torn capsules. I really think this move is geared more towards 2015 (especially with David Robertson due to become a free agent), but there is a chance Bailey will be able to help down the stretch this year.

http://riveraveblues.com/2014/02/dierkes-yankees-close-deal-andrew-bailey-99737/

[/QUOTE]

I did not realize that was the nature of his injury. If its true, I am glad we didn't sign him. I tore my own shoulder labrum and I can tell you its not an injury you can come back from. Your shoulder gets arthritic from it-cartilage does not heal once its injured. No idea what the Yankees are thinking if that is his injury. He is toast.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:

Will he resurrect his career? 

Good news, can't wait to see him come in against us with the game on the line.  I don't think the Yankees FO will ever be happy without at least a couple of our ex players every season? 

They must feel their desire for revenge will overcome the lack of talent.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

bottom line

I did not realize that was the nature of his injury. If its true, I am glad we didn't sign him. I tore my own shoulder labrum and I can tell you its not an injury you can come back from. Your shoulder gets arthritic from it-cartilage does not heal once its injured. No idea what the Yankees are thinking if that is his injury. He is toast.

[/QUOTE]

while I can understand that mr green

the thing I can't understand is this

Tim Dierkes of MLBTradeRumors.com reports that "more than 15 teams have called to express interest" in Andrew Bailey. Bailey was non-tendered by the Red Sox last week but apparently won't have any issues finding another job. The reliever is recovering from surgery to repair his labrum and shoulder capsule but, barring setbacks, is expected to be ready by mid-May. He'll likely get an incentive-laden, one-year deal. Sun, Dec 8, 2013 09:28:00 AM Source: MLBTradeRumors.com  

they all knew what kind of injury is was then   so Y not ask what they were thinking rather than what the yanks thinkin   I'm thinking while recovery from shoulder surg  is far less likely than elbows
      there must be some chance of recovery
      I believe the yanks also have an option for next yr
      and that could be what they R thinking

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

@ChrisCotillo: Source: Andrew Bailey’s 2015 option with the #Yankees is a team option. Security blanket for #Yankees if he’s not ready this year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

8 million and 44 innings. He's Yankees headache now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

When we acquired Bailey , posters on here were raving about him. Now that he is gone, he is a washed up bum. We have seen this reaction before with other players. If we had re- signed him, the same people would be saying " Good move by Ben, Bailey is still young, he can recover and regain his form, low risk - high reward, bullpen depth, blah, blah, blah." 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Has the same injury as Pineda no? A year recovery after surgery I would guess.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

It's a high reward risk move.

Bailey hasn't been healthy the majority of his career and is entering his 30's. Nothing that should scare us.

With any Luck NY might get a good year or half a year out of him for little cost.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Has the same injury as Pineda no? A year recovery after surgery I would guess.

[/QUOTE]

He has many injuries.  He has been injured every year for the last several years.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Yanks are pissed they missed out on Sizemore so they are grabbing at staws, Bailey doesn't make the team, his shoulder is toast!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

bottom line

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

while I can understand that mr green

the thing I can't understand is this

Tim Dierkes of MLBTradeRumors.com reports that "more than 15 teams have called to express interest" in Andrew Bailey. Bailey was non-tendered by the Red Sox last week but apparently won't have any issues finding another job. The reliever is recovering from surgery to repair his labrum and shoulder capsule but, barring setbacks, is expected to be ready by mid-May. He'll likely get an incentive-laden, one-year deal. Sun, Dec 8, 2013 09:28:00 AM Source: MLBTradeRumors.com  

they all knew what kind of injury is was then   so Y not ask what they were thinking rather than what the yanks thinkin   I'm thinking while recovery from shoulder surg  is far less likely than elbows
      there must be some chance of recovery
      I believe the yanks also have an option for next yr
      and that could be what they R thinking

[/QUOTE]

The point is that that is a very tough injury to return from. Cartilage does not heal; once its torn you usually have to have it surgically trimmed, creating an uneven joint surface that can (and frequently does) lead to arthritis. I would be very surprised to see Bailey get his velocity back. Its a shame...he was once a very good RP.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

In response to jader's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yanks are pissed they missed out on Sizemore so they are grabbing at staws, Bailey doesn't make the team, his shoulder is toast!

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Sizemore was a total baseball secret that only Ben knew about. Btw, what would the Yankees do with him?.Sox picked him up because they need him. 

Sections
Shortcuts