Bailey to sign with the Yankees!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Re: Bailey to sign with the Yankees!

In response to mfymfy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jader's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yanks are pissed they missed out on Sizemore so they are grabbing at staws, Bailey doesn't make the team, his shoulder is toast!

[/QUOTE]

Yes, Sizemore was a total baseball secret that only Ben knew about. Btw, what would the Yankees do with him?.Sox picked him up because they need him. 

[/QUOTE]

The Sox picked him up for pennies on the dollar as a low risk reward player. They don't need him. He's a luxary they could afford, if he makes the roster it's win win move...if he falls short, they signed a couple of guys that can step in an fill the role.

What the Sox need is for Bradley Jr. to step up and prove he's capable of being an everyday CF in the big leagues. If not they'll be looking to aquire an everyday CF or move Victorino over...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's a high reward risk move.

Bailey hasn't been healthy the majority of his career and is entering his 30's. Nothing that should scare us.

With any Luck NY might get a good year or half a year out of him for little cost.

[/QUOTE]

I was hoping we'd re-sign him. Maybe could help sometime in the second half.

It's a shame it never worked out for Bailey in Boston, but hopefully he can get his career back on track.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Sure!!! Ellsbury, Roberts, Jeter and Teixeira coming off of injuries + other aging players....quick who else can we add that is injury prone?!?!?!?

NY is probably Jealous we signed Grady Sizemore.

Lets be honest, NY will probably be good this year, but they are only a few injuries away from being as mediocre as last year. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How stupid are the Yankees?

"Gee our entire 2013 was completely derailed by injuries!! Know who we should bring in to stop that?  Brian Roberts and Andy Bailey!!"

They had to be absolutely CRUSHED when the Red Sox beat them to Grady Sizemore...

[/QUOTE]

Hahaha.  Don't be fooled Notin, the Yankees were not interested in Grady:  they had just signed Jacoby "Brinx Truck for my One Healthy Year" Ellsbury and Carlos "Make sure Ellsbury shades way into Right Field if he is healthy" Beltran.  Sizemore would have been an embarrasment of gimpy riches.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"Gee our entire 2013 was completely derailed by injuries!! Know who we should bring in to stop that?  Brian Roberts and Andy Bailey!!"

They had to be absolutely CRUSHED when the Red Sox beat them to Grady Sizemore...

[/QUOTE]

Hahaha.  Don't be fooled Notin, the Yankees were not interested in Grady:  they had just signed Jacoby "Brinx Truck for my One Healthy Year" Ellsbury and Carlos "Make sure Ellsbury shades way into Right Field if he is healthy" Beltran.  Sizemore would have been an embarrasment of gimpy riches.

[/QUOTE]gOOD POST spaceman ...........   You & I see the "game" the same way !!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to JIMMYPROFFER's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sure!!! Ellsbury, Roberts, Jeter and Teixeira coming off of injuries + other aging players....quick who else can we add that is injury prone?!?!?!?

Lets be honest, NY will probably be good this year, but they are only a few injuries away from being as mediocre as last year. 

[/QUOTE]

Pretty much every team is a few injuries away from being mediocre, aside from the Astros.

[/QUOTE]

right, but not all human beings are physically created equal.  Some are more injury prone than others, older players are more injury, those who have already sustained injuries are often more injury prone.

The Yankees have an older core, they have multiple starters coming off of injuries, and they have a multitude of players who have an extensive injury history.

Are going to try and tell me that Brian Roberts isn't more likely to be injured Dustin Pedroia

Or that Derek Jeter isn't more likely to get injured than Xander Bogaerts

Or that Mark Teixeira isn't more likely to be injured than Mike Napoli.

Because it isn't just instinctual to think so it is a physiological fact. 

And when those injuries do occur...I'll take our depth over your depth any day of the week. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Now, THAT'S funny!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pretty much every team is a few injuries away from being mediocre, aside from the Astros.

[/QUOTE]

right, but not all human beings are physically created equal.  Some are more injury prone than others, older players are more injury, those who have already sustained injuries are often more injury prone.

The Yankees have an older core, they have multiple starters coming off of injuries, and they have a multitude of players who have an extensive injury history.

Are going to try and tell me that Brian Roberts isn't more likely to be injured Dustin Pedroia

Or that Derek Jeter isn't more likely to get injured than Xander Bogaerts

Or that Mark Teixeira isn't more likely to be injured than Mike Napoli.

Because it isn't just instinctual to think so it is a physiological fact. 

And when those injuries do occur...I'll take our depth over your depth any day of the week. 

[/QUOTE]
    I don't believe that either Tex's or Jeter's injuries are what you would consider to be age related. Other than those freak injuries, those guys have been prettty healthy. Not sure I would consider them "injury prone".

And while I will agree with you on the depth, I'm pretty sure the Sox would be mediocre if they lost Ortiz and Buch or Lester and Pedroia for a large chunk of the season. 

[/QUOTE]

yes they would...but I think the Sox are safer than the Yankees.

I'm not saying they are injury prone because of their injuries...well actually I kind of am.  Players who are battling back from injury are often at risk of re-injury for many different reasons.

Being older makes it even harder to come back from injury, and being older overall just increases the likelihood of an injury.  Playing every single day (especially in the field) takes a toll on your body, and it takes longer to heal and recover.  The toll a 162 game season can take on your body will be heavier the older you are.

That coupled with the fact that they are coming back from tough injuries will increase the risk that they sustain an injury this year. That is fact. Past health means nothing, age still increases those odds.  That is like saying an older person who is healthy has less of a chance of developing cancer than a younger person.  While being healthy definitely reduces your risk nothing changes the fact that as you age your chances of developing cancer (and many other things as well) increases.

Yes Teixeira and Jeter have been very healthy during their careers.  But they increase their risk of injury with age, and oh look...they were both injured last year.

Low probability doesn't equal no probability...even if neither of them sustained ANY injuries that wouldn't change the fact that they are more susceptible to injury.

Again that is a physiological fact. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bailey might have a better year than Tanaka.  j/k   LOL   Wink

[/QUOTE]

Ice

I'm guessing U haven't seen tanakas' pop star wife

[/QUOTE]

No, I havent, and couldnt care less.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

it was a minor league deal

bottom line

Torn shoulder capsules are very serious and no pitcher has returned from one to recapture his previous form. Guys like Chien-Ming Wang, Rich Harden, Johan Santana, and Mark Prior have all been derailed by torn capsules. I really think this move is geared more towards 2015 (especially with David Robertson due to become a free agent), but there is a chance Bailey will be able to help down the stretch this year.

http://riveraveblues.com/2014/02/dierkes-yankees-close-deal-andrew-bailey-99737/

[/QUOTE]

I did not realize that was the nature of his injury. If its true, I am glad we didn't sign him. I tore my own shoulder labrum and I can tell you its not an injury you can come back from. Your shoulder gets arthritic from it-cartilage does not heal once its injured. No idea what the Yankees are thinking if that is his injury. He is toast.

[/QUOTE]

while I can understand that mr green

the thing I can't understand is this

Tim Dierkes of MLBTradeRumors.com reports that "more than 15 teams have called to express interest" in Andrew Bailey. Bailey was non-tendered by the Red Sox last week but apparently won't have any issues finding another job. The reliever is recovering from surgery to repair his labrum and shoulder capsule but, barring setbacks, is expected to be ready by mid-May. He'll likely get an incentive-laden, one-year deal. Sun, Dec 8, 2013 09:28:00 AM Source: MLBTradeRumors.com  

they all knew what kind of injury is was then   so Y not ask what they were thinking rather than what the yanks thinkin   I'm thinking while recovery from shoulder surg  is far less likely than elbows
      there must be some chance of recovery
      I believe the yanks also have an option for next yr
      and that could be what they R thinking

[/QUOTE]

Did a little more research into labral tears Zac...apparently the labrum, while still cartilage (and therefore unable to repair itself) is a tougher kind of cartilage than articular cartilage, the kind that is at the end of bones so the bones do not rub against one another. Generally, the information I got is that there is a good chance that most athletes will recover fully from labral tears, though it does take time. If Bailey had not signed with the Yankees I would certainly wish him the best of luck.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

bottom line

Torn shoulder capsules are very serious and no pitcher has returned from one to recapture his previous form. Guys like Chien-Ming Wang, Rich Harden, Johan Santana, and Mark Prior have all been derailed by torn capsules. I really think this move is geared more towards 2015 (especially with David Robertson due to become a free agent), but there is a chance Bailey will be able to help down the stretch this year.

http://riveraveblues.com/2014/02/dierkes-yankees-close-deal-andrew-bailey-99737/

[/QUOTE]

I did not realize that was the nature of his injury. If its true, I am glad we didn't sign him. I tore my own shoulder labrum and I can tell you its not an injury you can come back from. Your shoulder gets arthritic from it-cartilage does not heal once its injured. No idea what the Yankees are thinking if that is his injury. He is toast.

[/QUOTE]

Tim Dierkes of MLBTradeRumors.com reports that "more than 15 teams have called to express interest" in Andrew Bailey. Bailey was non-tendered by the Red Sox last week but apparently won't have any issues finding another job. The reliever is recovering from surgery to repair his labrum and shoulder capsule but, barring setbacks, is expected to be ready by mid-May. He'll likely get an incentive-laden, one-year deal. Sun, Dec 8, 2013 09:28:00 AM Source: MLBTradeRumors.com  

they all knew what kind of injury is was then   so Y not ask what they were thinking rather than what the yanks thinkin   I'm thinking while recovery from shoulder surg  is far less likely than elbows

[/QUOTE]

Did a little more research into labral tears Zac...apparently the labrum, while still cartilage (and therefore unable to repair itself) is a tougher kind of cartilage than articular cartilage, the kind that is at the end of bones so the bones do not rub against one another. Generally, the information I got is that there is a good chance that most athletes will recover fully from labral tears, though it does take time. If Bailey had not signed with the Yankees I would certainly wish him the best of luck.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing the great information.  It certainly is something I was completely unaware of.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

bottom line

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing the great information.  It certainly is something I was completely unaware of.

[/QUOTE]

From an article out of Johns Hopkins ortho department. Here is the link. The prognosis is at the bottom:

http://www.hopkinsortho.org/labrum_tear.html

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

thanks mr green

I still wouldn't bet that U were wrong

my only point was that it didn't seem fair to slam the yankees

when 15 teams kick the tires on the guy

here's part of what he had 2 say today

On his shoulder rehabilitation
    “Everything’s going well. Out to 105, 120 feet throwing. Started throwing a little bit before Christmas, get that therapeutic throwing process out of the way. Since then it’s been great. No issues with that, just kind of staying the course, taking time when I need to, accelerate when I can. There’s really no timetable for this kind of thing. The prototypical response is that it’s a 12-month rehab, and I’m seven months out. You can take that and run with it. But the shoulder is something special; it’s delicate. We’re just going to take it easy and focus on getting back out there at the right time.”

On the expectation of pitching this year
    “For Sure. Absolutely. 100 percent. No question. The timetable and all that kind of stuff, I’m not going to rush it. I’m going to do it right. I’ve rushed injuries in the past, and I know how that works out. This one especially. This is something where if it gets hurt again, and that capsule (is damaged), it doesn’t look great. I’ve got to do it right. Everything’s going great right now, and I have a full expectation to pitch this year. I’ll hopefully be back at a time when there’s a lot of organizations looking for added bullpen help or whatever, and in my mind I’m going to work hard to get back at that point in time, so we’ll see.”

On the possibility of 2015
    “My short-term goals are to get back on the field, do things right, get out there, and whatever happens after that happens. I know with the deal there’s an option, and this is a great opportunity for me. I go out and be myself, and hopefully be a Yankee for at least two years, and who knows what happens after that. First things first, I’ve got to get back out there, and that’s what I’m focused on right now.”

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ice

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

if i didn't know better

I'd be wondering if U were a punk

the post was addressed 2 ice cream

hopefully it put a little smile on his face 4 a sec

what's your problem with that goal

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

bottom line

[/QUOTE]

because while the other teams may have inquired,  the NYY signed him

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

bottom line

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

From an article out of Johns Hopkins ortho department. Here is the link. The prognosis is at the bottom:

http://www.hopkinsortho.org/labrum_tear.html

[/QUOTE]

Nice article.

It really make you apprediate the good ortho guys who make the diagnosis, hold the scalpel or maneuver the arthroscope.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

U R missing the point

mr green took a shot at nyy

and said bailey was dead just by knowing the type of injury he had

those 15 teams knew what kind of injury it was B4 they inquired

nothing changed  after they inquired so why did they inquire if the injury

was a career ender

and if it's not a career ender

what so dumb about  what nyy did

that was the point

BTW when did espn buy abc

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

U R missing the point

was a career ender

that was the point

BTW when did espn by abc

[/QUOTE]

If Bailey's injury was as serious as I had thought then the "shot at the Yankees" would have been more than justified. I believed, wrongly, that Bailey's injury was the end of his career for sure (and it still might be). Besides, this is not the first shot at the Yankees I have taken, and it certainly will not be the last. Its the nature of the rivalry.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

and it certainly will not be the last

I would expect nothing less ;-)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

U R missing the point

was a career ender

that was the point

Is there ever going to come a day where some move the Yankees make is a bad move to you? It seems to me you continually tell posters here to keep it real, but IYO all Yankee moves are right. Let Cano go -- yes to not giving him a large contract and spending too much money. lol Sign large contracts after he leaves and it's back to "Yankee fans love when the Yankees overspend". Even every second-hand injury prone player is great with you. What player, signed by the Yankees are you EVER going to be disappointed about?

While I realize, with you telling other Yankee posters they're wrong for saying negative things about their team here, there will probably never come a day where you don't back every single thing they do. Why do people still buy your act here? That being, we're all being honest about our team here. LMAO

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

Is there ever going to come a day where some move the Yankees make is a bad move to you? It seems to me you continually tell posters here to keep it real, but IYO all Yankee moves are right. Let Cano go -- yes to not giving him a large contract and spending too much money. lol Sign large contracts after he leaves and it's back to "Yankee fans love when the Yankees overspend". Even every second-hand injury prone player is great with you. What player, signed by the Yankees are you EVER going to be disappointed about?

While I realize, with you telling other Yankee posters they're wrong for saying negative things about their team here, there will probably never come a day where you don't back every single thing they do. Why do people still buy your act here? That being, we're all being honest about our team here. LMAO

[/QUOTE]

I never said I like the bailey signing

( one that RSN would call /good / low risk / high reward)

I just said that mr greens comment was out of line

and like a poster with creditbility that he is

he admitted that

tanaka

mccann

johnny jr

beltran

what's not to like

bringing up cano over and over is so weak

nobody thinks that was a good deal

most agree it's the worst deal of this winter some say ever

any sox fan with integrity will admit

if the yanks signed him the RSP's would B out in full force

I'm pretty sure that I have posted my dissapointment

in not bringing reyonlds back several times

and if they sign drew it will bother me

but thanks 2 U it will bother me less ;-)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ice

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

if i didn't know better

I'd be wondering if U were a punk

the post was addressed 2 ice cream

hopefully it put a little smile on his face 4 a sec

what's your problem with that goal

[/QUOTE]

Good morning pinstripezac35!!!   Laughing

Tanaka has a very beautiful wife.  No wonder he flew to NY in a private jet.  LOL

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

U R missing the point

was a career ender

and if it's not a career ender

what so dumb about  what nyy did

that was the point

Isn't that why teams kick the tires on players? The other 14 teams may not have known the extent of his injury when they inquired, zac.  Did they realize it after they did, and decided to pass on him, but the NYY signed him? IDK, but that's my point