1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: BAILEYBUM MUST GO-NOW!!!

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to hill55's comment:

"BAILEYBUM" in all caps is a nickname I would expect from a middle-schooler, not a 61-year-old pediatrician from Marin County, as pumpsie-green's profile claims.

For all I know pumpsie-green is the pediatrician for my nieces in Tiburon.

Your neices are safe Hill. The only pediatrician work I do nowadays is some volunteer work taking care of kids in Richmond with no medical insurance.

+1000

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I hate Bailey more than being stuck in traffic on I-95 on a Friday afternoon.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Two years ago, it was PAPELBUM MUST GO!!

Be careful what you wish for, folks. Is there anyone on this board who wouldn't love to have him back now?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

I hate Bailey more than being stuck in traffic on I-95 on a Friday afternoon.

wow IC...didnt expect that from you. we all know how I-95 can get.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Send Bailey to the same place that Valverde is being sent and work a deal for the real thing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Two years ago, it was PAPELBUM MUST GO!!

Be careful what you wish for, folks. Is there anyone on this board who wouldn't love to have him back now?

Pumpsie also referred to Paps as Pimplebum, and like you said, we can see how well Pumpsie's predictions have worked out.

And on the lighter side, Pumpsie once referred to a player as Crapfestbum, and I reminded him that he needed to include a portion of the player's name or else no one will know who it was.  But at that point, Pumpsie couldn't even figure out who he was insulting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

IMO, Start grooming RDLR for the closers job. Miller is hot right now. Maybe ride him for the time being until he cools down. I dont know really. No easy answer. Unfortunately, Bailey has now put this team in the worst position possible with the bullpen.

Oh, another recent creation for a name is "Losester", which I believe is a cross between loser and lester. Yeah, I could care less for the adolescent names too.

He was kind of duplicating himself from when he referred to Pedroia as 'Losershow'.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

I would think Pimpsie would be happy that Bailey is terrible as it only serves to fulfill his annual prophecy in regards to the teams demise.

For the record, Burrito, with the exception of how I refer to Conan, I never give nicknames to other posters. The players are public figures and as such are subject to criticism, compliments, ridicule if they deserve it, and nicknames by the public.

As for the demise of the team, that was already in the cards when Cherington failed to significantly improve the pitching last winter. I have written many times that there is a slim chance that we can bash our way into to playoffs, but our stay there will be short lived and there is no way we can compete for a ring this year. Pitching wins rings, and we don't have enough of it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I would think Pimpsie would be happy that Bailey is terrible as it only serves to fulfill his annual prophecy in regards to the teams demise.

For the record, Burrito, with the exception of how I refer to Conan, I never give nicknames to other posters. The players are public figures and as such are subject to criticism, compliments, ridicule if they deserve it, and nicknames by the public.

As for the demise of the team, that was already in the cards when Cherington failed to significantly improve the pitching last winter. I have written many times that there is a slim chance that we can bash our way into to playoffs, but our stay there will be short lived and there is no way we can compete for a ring this year. Pitching wins rings, and we don't have enough of it.

Baileybum isn't a nickname. It is an insult, and an extremeley childish one.

No one would  would bother talking baseball in real life to someone who said "Baileybum must go"  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

Baileybum isn't a nickname. It is an insult, and an extremeley childish one.

No one would  would bother talking baseball in real life to someone who said "Baileybum must go"  

Its a reasonable commentary on his PITCHING, not on Andrew Bailey the person. Since I do not know him I cannot insult him, but I can insult his performance if it is deserving of insults. Would you feel better if I named the thread "BAILEY IS A BUM"? To me there is no difference. Aweful touching this morning.........

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Its a reasonable commentary on his PITCHING, not on Andrew Bailey the person. Since I do not know him I cannot insult him, but I can insult his performance if it is deserving of insults. Would you feel better if I named the thread "BAILEY IS A BUM"? To me there is no difference. Aweful touching this morning.........

Well Pumpsie, it does seem that quite a few people, and I include myself, do think that if you're going to give someone a name you should at least try to make it something clever or funny.  And yes, rather than just adding 'bum' to the end of the name it would be actually be better form to say Bailey the Bum or Bailey is a Bum. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

This is one nutty thread.

Bailey has definitely stuggled and in fact has blown four saves.

But guess what?  He made 8 of 12 saves.  More importantly, the Sox won 3 of 4 games in which Bailey blew those saves.

That's right, all this hatred is directed toward a pitcher who has cost the Sox exactly one game this season.

And one of the reasons--other than those stated above--for this is the Sox have not actually had many save opportunities. 

So think about this.  If Papelbon had been here and had exactly the same save opportunities as Bailey but in fact gotten every single save--all 12 of them--the Sox would have 1 more win.

And think about this.  The hatred in this thread is directed as much toward Farrell and Cherington as against Bailey.  All that hatred despite the fact that the Sox have a 2.5 lead in the AL East, which is only the toughest division in MLB. 

In short, there is no pleasing some folks, but especially the folks on OTFB. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

" Two Ton " Tony Galento:  " I'll moider da bum."  ( Said shortly before being knocked out by Joe Louis. )

Stabbed by Foulke.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

He never should have been here in the first place. If our medical department did due diligence on the trade that brought him here, he wouldn't be. "Tommy John" surgery and "Tennis Elbow", lateral epicondylitis, both events occuring after his best years in Oakland should have been red flag events for the RS. Instead, they went all in, probably because the whole deal was somewhere around 5mm or less. A big deal for the A's if they could pull it off  and a chump change deal for the RS if it went sour. If the RS medical staff did alert others about these  concerns, then it's on Ben and upper level management for moving forward on this deal after having been forwarned.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Well Pumpsie, it does seem that quite a few people, and I include myself, do think that if you're going to give someone a name you should at least try to make it something clever or funny.  And yes, rather than just adding 'bum' to the end of the name it would be actually be better form to say Bailey the Bum or Bailey is a Bum. 

Thats reasonable. I can probably come up with better nicknames than I have. I am not giving up the nicknames, but I will at least try to be more clever. Francoma, Lesster, and Clay Breakholtz are better than what I came up with for Bailey. Maybe you can do better with him.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts