Balls that are strikes, strikes that are balls..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Balls that are strikes, strikes that are balls..

I really started noticing it in the Texas series. Pitches that were balls for the Rangers hitters were strikes for the a Sox hitters. There was one iteration to Carp in Texas. 2 balls same spot outside K-zone. strike, strike. Next pitch, same exact location, ball. Hmmm. Remy about flipped out. Sox pitchers were getting those called balls.  And it wasn't about that instance specifically. But the whole series. Fast forward to tonight. Webster strikes out first guy, then got hosed on his pitches. Pitches he usually throws for strikes, balls. When that happens, you throw the ball more over the plate. Usually that gets blasted. That's what happened to him. Fast forward to Ellsbury, first  at bat. The pitch for strike 2 and 3 to him? You guessed it, balls For Webster. I took some pics with my phone of the pitches and location. Hard evidence is hard to refute although most will refuse to acknowledge it.  If I could post them somehow I would.  

People say, well we know NBA officials have been/are corrupt. Why not MLB? Or NFL,NHL? Why do people flatly refuse to even acknowledge this possibility? Pay some attention to the K-zone, and generally where the pitches for either team are located visually. I'm bothered by what I am starting to see. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NLU75. Show NLU75's posts

Re: Balls that are strikes, strikes that are balls..

In response to AFNAV130's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I really started noticing it in the Texas series. Pitches that were balls for the Rangers hitters were strikes for the a Sox hitters. There was one iteration to Carp in Texas. 2 balls same spot outside K-zone. strike, strike. Next pitch, same exact location, ball. Hmmm. Remy about flipped out. Sox pitchers were getting those called balls.  And it wasn't about that instance specifically. But the whole series. Fast forward to tonight. Webster strikes out first guy, then got hosed on his pitches. Pitches he usually throws for strikes, balls. When that happens, you throw the ball more over the plate. Usually that gets blasted. That's what happened to him. Fast forward to Ellsbury, first  at bat. The pitch for strike 2 and 3 to him? You guessed it, balls For Webster. I took some pics with my phone of the pitches and location. Hard evidence is hard to refute although most will refuse to acknowledge it.  If I could post them somehow I would.  

People say, well we know NBA officials have been/are corrupt. Why not MLB? Or NFL,NHL? Why do people flatly refuse to even acknowledge this possibility? Pay some attention to the K-zone, and generally where the pitches for either team are located visually. I'm bothered by what I am starting to

we talk about players, but the umpires are fat, lazy & out  shape. Half of them have no business being on a professional field. NBA & NFL refs look to be in shape, MLB no so much

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

it is not corruption. it is not fat and lazy. it is arrogance. baseball umps are the most arrogant of all. they are saying "how dare you question us" by showing the Amica zone. baseball has a problem with its umpires, not all of them, but a good 80% of them.

Mr Selig, it is time to take out the garbage

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Yeah, time to "flush" ...........with video they cant even get calls right. bring on the robots.

The "human element" was a great part of the sport but now not so much. Bad call every day now it seems.

Umpires make players' meal money (84-300K) for salary, which could fuel  animosity.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Wow, I'm suprised.. I thought I was gonna out flamed out. Thanks for not making me feel entirely stupid. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i started this thread a year or so ago and the reaction was quite negative - posters talking about that "human element" being lost ...                        

the games would move so much more quickly with an electronic ump....strike zone are already there and 95% of all playes would require no replay....it would foster civility on the field and once again, SPEED UP THE GAME....no more stepping out of the batters box 10 times each at bat....best part, no more stupid blown calls and clueless umps too proud to even confer with their fellow umps to admit they were wrong and reverse the calls...

had enough?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

I somewhat agree with the electronic stuff. However, another question of mine is this. Do the Sox(or any team for that matter) have anyone watching the broadcasts with the pitch zone, say in the clubhouse? If so, why in Texas, or last night after Ells struck out did Farrell not come flying out of the dugout to argue. I would have, but he didnt.  I sometimes wonder what the real story is. If Congress was worth half a turd, they would simultaneously without notice raid and seize every documents and records etc etc of every professional sports teams and their specific league headquarters. I think we would all be sickened by what they would find. I know the NFL is corrupt. The evidence is there in front of our eyes every week. I'm starting to think baseball is too. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I seriously doubt the OP's theory, but do think the Sox sometimes get screwed on balls and strikes.  Last night, however, we also scored 5 runs in the first inning and could have scored more, so it's kind of hard to make a solid case the Twins starter wasn't also getting screwed.  Bad ump, but the Twins pitcher adjusted better than Webster. 

Sections
Shortcuts