Baltimore @ Texas Wildcard gamethread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Baltimore @ Texas Wildcard gamethread

Can't keep track of all the Pikes without a scorecard.  So many different aliases. Then you have the maybe Pikes , the fake Pikes, the reincarnated Pikes and the Pike imposters.  I would bet there are some aliases that we don't even know about.  Someone who seems the opposite of Pike , but is actually him.   Just too much to keep up with.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can't keep track of all the Pikes without a scorecard.  So many different aliases. Then you have the maybe Pikes , the fake Pikes, the reincarnated Pikes and the Pike imposters.  I would bet there are some aliases that we don't even know about.  Someone who seems the opposite of Pike , but is actually him.   Just too much to keep up with.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Agreed, especially about the opposite thing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Both teams are playing with negative momentum it seems....Even the Rangers crowd noise is muted, and has a hint of When Will The Roof Finally Cave In...With that earlier DP that Josh H. hit into, he better hope he has either a big game from here on in, or that the Rangers win this  so he can get redemption in the PS...Otherwise, he might be going into his big FA option with a bit of  a cloud over him.....Which means he might get a one year shorter deal or maybe just 15 million less...Gotta feel bad for Josh..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Agreed, especially about the opposite thing.

[/QUOTE]

Whole thing gives me a headache

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

MLB denied the protest....what a shock

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Darvish is fun to watch...The only possible gain for the Yanks tonight if the Rangers win is that Darvish will only be pitching one game in the ALDS (barring rainouts), and not two....But I am still rooting for the O's, one-run masters or not...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Not to whine too much about the TBS announcers, but Ernie Johnson and Cal Ripken are sleep-inducing...I do like Smoltz though...Whatever their flaws, I miss the old Jon Miller-Joe Morgan tandem...Or give me Joe Buck and just muzzle Tim Mc Carver who is insufferable at times...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Whom do I want to win ???

The one who can beat the Yankees. Then I have in the 2nd line of defense, the A's to knock off NY. And finally I have the Giants to beat them in the World Series. Please no scathing emails from those that don't think the A's or Giants will progress so I'm saying I hope they do.

It's another sport, of course, but when the 49ers lost to the NY Giants, another team I dislike, on a ball that nicked a punt returner  by 1/ 4 inch resulting in a game tying field goal and then the same SF punt returner fumbled again in OT and Giants kicked a field goal. But as I hope the A's &, if not, the SF Giants knock off NY, I hoped that the Pats would get revenge for themselves and the 49er s and me as NY spoiled an undefeated season 2 years ago and then they beat the Pats again. I want the A's & Giants to win but I'll be most happy if the Yankees lose and I don't give a hoot who beats them !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Saunders, with his 9 plus ERA at Arlington, is trying to make Buck look like the Counterintuitive Manager of the Year...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Both teams are playing with negative momentum it seems....Even the Rangers crowd noise is muted, and has a hint of When Will The Roof Finally Cave In...With that earlier DP that Josh H. hit into, he better hope he has either a big game from here on in, or that the Rangers win this  so he can get redemption in the PS...Otherwise, he might be going into his big FA option with a bit of  a cloud over him.....Which means he might get a one year shorter deal or maybe just 15 million less...Gotta feel bad for Josh..

[/QUOTE]

I think Josh is on the downhill side. Hope the Sox stay away from him ths offseason.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    That's what it feels like....My guess is that unless the Rangers win this and he has a really good post-season, he will end up staying in texas for less years and dinero...
    I think Josh is on the downhill side. Hope the Sox stay away from him ths offseason.

[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Wouldn't it be hilarious if a blown call decides this game too...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    That's what it feels like....My guess is that unless the Rangers win this and he has a really good post-season, he will end up staying in texas for less years and dinero...

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Im sure the drugs did a lot of damage to his body that his earlier youth masked, but itll catch up to him sooner rather that later IMO.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Huge run for the O's...especially with the Orioles bullpen and Buck's one-run games winning magic...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Rangers are just not that good, collapsing just like Atl. If this holds up, it will be four straight losses to end the season, a win in any one of which would have put them in the PS. I said as far back as early in the year that I didnt think they had what it takes to get to a third WS. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Im sure the drugs did a lot of damage to his body that his earlier youth masked, but itll catch up to him sooner rather that later IMO.

[/QUOTE]

and all the years he missed.  Who knows how much better he may have been. He's a natural. Still one of the best players in the game, but I agree, hope the sox stay away and think he'll stay in Texas. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

This is a still pretty good game so far, all things notwithstanding...Until someone gets called out at the plate to end the game just as the catcher drops the ball...Just a judgement call after all...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Rangers are due to rally....It is now or never because Jim Johnson is a very tough closer to beat, especially with a 2-run lead...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Baltimore 74-0 this year when leading after the 7th inning...Yikes...Maybe I do want the Rangers  on Sunday after all...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Game on the precipice....It's probably over already but 1 more runand you can fork-stick the toasty Rangers...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Game over...And  a good result for the Yanks....I think they can take the O's....Especially with the last 3 in the Bronx...Should be a close series though....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Dear Josh Hamilton:

Now may be a good time to leave the Rangers and join Red Sox nation. 

Sincerely,

A Red Sox fan

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dear Josh Hamilton:

Now may be a good time to leave the Rangers and join Red Sox nation. 

Sincerely,

A Red Sox fan

[/QUOTE]

Nope. Dont want him. Big contract, injury prone---sound familiar?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Great Game !!! O's along with the A's are this years greatest team stories with Miggy obviously the biggest individual story

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Was that the end of the Rangers short-lived mini-almost-dynasty...