Baltimore is "Our Daddy" !!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Baltimore is

In response to slasher9's comment:

6-9 vs the o's this year.  with 4 more to go.

we could end up having better head-to-head record but going in healthy is more important.

but remember...if anything else...the 2013 RS have been extremely consistent.  they played .598 ball first half and thus far .607 ball second half.  i do not anticipate long losing streak now.

Lackey gets a W tonight and all will be well.....

We're 7-9 v BA but outscored them 61-55.  Basically, we are 2-4 v them in one-run games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Showalter clearly made it a mission to reverse the mojo with the Sox when he came on.  All that smack talk a few years ago got his boys honed in on taking it to the Sox.  He basically said "no more shin box Tommy" to the Sox, and they have been sticking it to us ever since.  

The only club who has been able to stop the magic this year.

I really hope they don't make the playoffs.

I really don't think that the Red Sox are gonna end up in Showalter's trunk.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to BigPapiforever's comment:

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to BigPapiforever's comment:

sfbostonfan:

Nice post but I suspect you won't make many friends with it. 

Are we running a popularity contest here among posters ? I never insult another poster and respect everyone's opinion. I don't have thin skin...I am a former Marine !!! And isn't this a forum for offering one's opinion ? I am a dyeheart Sox fan & suffer when they lose, especially when I feel they should have won.

it wasn't shot at you but rather a compliment.  It seems that there are some who may not want to hear that Baltimore has our number.  Yes, they do and I just posted something similar.

[/QUOTE]

Baltimore might have our number but it doesn't really matter when all is said and done because we are in the playoffs most likely to finish with the best record in both leagues barring a total collapse which isn't going to happen and Baltimore WILL NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

Hetch

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrickford. Show patrickford's posts

The Red Sox just completed a sweep of the Birds. 
    The record doesn't show it, but the team was half asleep. 
    Nothing Lacking tonight. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

The last 2 days I see our # for winning a wild card spot being reduced as we back in as others lose. I would not have the chutspah to uncork the champagne. Hate to bring up old wounds but this team knocked us out in 2011 when we couldn't win 1 game in the last series & Yankees couldn't win 1 game vs Tampa & had a 7-0 lead in the last.

I feel that Dempster & Peavey pitched well. Dempster only gave up 3 hits/2 runs but we only got 3 hits but did have 6 walks and 5 in first 3 innings so there were base runners left on. Last night we got 15 hits yet 3 runs...men left on base and lack of a key hit killed us...bad luck perhaps but this Orioles team has tremendous confidence against us & if they sweep tonight they know the last 3 games are at Camden field. Yup, we could be in the driver's seat to give them a wild card spot.

Many fear Tampa as having great pitching(offense weak) and NY as having good hitting(pitching weak) but I fear the Orioles who feel they have our number and their pitching and hitting ain't bad either. Winning the wildcard and division for us is inevitable but the goal should be to have the best record for home field advantage.

Well, if you want to call Baltimore "Our Daddy", we'll just have to commit patricide like Pedro did in 2004.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

Yes the Sox record against the O's the past few years has not been good. 5-13-2012, 10-8 in 2011, 9-9 in 2010. But then look at 06 to 09....16-2 in 09,12-6 in 08,12-6 in 07, 15-3 in 06. We owned them then. Then 02-05 was more balanced.....10-8 in 05, 9-10 in 04???, 10-8 in 03 and 12-6 in 02.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Batlimore is...

a pretty good team, that plays us tough. They won two of three all close games. They're playing inspired baseball in their quest to qualify for the post season and have put them selves in position to make some noise...Thier next four games v Tampa could well be the axis on which their seasons fortune hidge..they have to win 3 of 4 to tie Tampa in the loss column and hope that the Indians and Rangers also lose 2 of thier next 3. They can help themselves, but they also need help...

The Sox are...

a very good team that has played close to 600 ball all year and because of thier play are now 1 win from clinching the division with a legit shot at securing the best record and home field throughout the playoffs. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Some of this is just law of averages stuff.

We were 25-13 vs. the Rays and Yankees, and we're not really that much better than those teams that we should be playing .658 ball against them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

The last 2 days I see our # for winning a wild card spot being reduced as we back in as others lose. I would not have the chutspah to uncork the champagne. Hate to bring up old wounds but this team knocked us out in 2011 when we couldn't win 1 game in the last series & Yankees couldn't win 1 game vs Tampa & had a 7-0 lead in the last.

I feel that Dempster & Peavey pitched well. Dempster only gave up 3 hits/2 runs but we only got 3 hits but did have 6 walks and 5 in first 3 innings so there were base runners left on. Last night we got 15 hits yet 3 runs...men left on base and lack of a key hit killed us...bad luck perhaps but this Orioles team has tremendous confidence against us & if they sweep tonight they know the last 3 games are at Camden field. Yup, we could be in the driver's seat to give them a wild card spot.

Many fear Tampa as having great pitching(offense weak) and NY as having good hitting(pitching weak) but I fear the Orioles who feel they have our number and their pitching and hitting ain't bad either. Winning the wildcard and division for us is inevitable but the goal should be to have the best record for home field advantage.

well bulldog, maybe for the first two games. but last night Lack made baltimore his b!tch!
    and tonight the plastic will be up in the clubhouse and the bubbly will be on ice. such poetic justice me thinks. jon pitches a gem and the 2013 Boston Red Sox are the Kings of the american league east.............all in front of the team that was thrilled to kick John Farrell to the curb......................whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouh!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

It wasn't long ago that a Baltimore series was an easy sweep for the Sox.  Credit to Showalter for putting them back into playoff contention for multiple seasons now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

[QUOTE]

Showalter clearly made it a mission to reverse the mojo with the Sox when he came on.  All that smack talk a few years ago got his boys honed in on taking it to the Sox.  He basically said "no more shin box Tommy" to the Sox, and they have been sticking it to us ever since.  

[/QUOTE]

They ended up in his trunk last September.  He stopped by his mom's house with Robert Andino and Adam Jones to eat some spaghetti and borrow a knife to get a hoof out of the front bumper.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

They ended up in his trunk last September.  He stopped by his mom's house with Robert Andino and Adam Jones to eat some spaghetti and borrow a knife to get a hoof out of the front bumper.

But just like Batts was avenged in the movie, so too shall Showalter.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

We have still clinched NOTHING.

Actually Pumpsie, we did.

And now, just a couple days later - just a couple .... not a month or two seasons or three ... we did win the division.

And the O's are on the outside, hoping to get in.

Lost to Rays last night in 18 ....

yup, I wannabe an O's fan, HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

[QUOTE]

And now, just a couple days later - just a couple .... not a month or two seasons or three ... we did win the division.

[/QUOTE]

That was a big loss for the O's they needed to sweep em if they wanted to close the gap in the loss column. it was a hard fought game that didn't help either teams cause late in the season, due to having to burn through so many pitchers. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

That was a big loss for the O's they needed to sweep em if they wanted to close the gap in the loss column. it was a hard fought game that didn't help either teams cause late in the season, due to having to burn through so many pitchers. 

Wise statement all around, especially the final clause.  Having just gone through extended games in the previous series, the BPs were already extended.  Add the fact that it's the end of the season, so many pitchers are tiring or hurting. 

Puts the statement one never has enough pitching into a higher place.   

Heck, we just moved Dempster to the pen for the playoffs, adding length there, but also resting him.  The rest has been good for him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Unless they changed the rules, they clinched the division on the same day that Pumpsie posted it.  At that point, the best they could was to tie, and we had won the season series.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Unless they changed the rules, they clinched the division on the same day that Pumpsie posted it.  At that point, the best they could was to tie, and we had won the season series.

Actually, they did change the rules, and you would have known that had you been paying attention to some of the discussions here about tiebreakers. In the event we had finished tied with the Rays our winning the season series only would have determined the location of a one game playoff to determine who is the division winner and who is the wild card. When I posted that we had clinched nothing yet it was totally true at that time. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Actually, they did change the rules, and you would have known that had you been paying attention to some of the discussions here about tiebreakers. In the event we had finished tied with the Rays our winning the season series only would have determined the location of a one game playoff to determine who is the division winner and who is the wild card. When I posted that we had clinched nothing yet it was totally true at that time. 

In that case, mea cupla.  You were right and I was wrong.