BAR ROOM BASEBALL AT IT'S BEST......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

BAR ROOM BASEBALL AT IT'S BEST......

AND THIS, RED SOX NATION IS WHY WE ARE 2.5 GAMES OUT WITH 22 GAMES LEFT AND FALLING FAST !!!  AS DAD WOULD SAY..... "SON, HOW DO YOU GIVE UP 11 RUNS A GAME TO A TEAM LIKE THE JAYS" ????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: BAR ROOM BASEBALL AT IT'S BEST......

I hated the last baseball game that I saw in a barroom.  Broken glass everywhere.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

I am guilty as every one to over reacting to the last 10 days of fiasco baseball. I still cannot blame Tito. Bard has imploded twice. This meens Pap will ask for some serious bucks for next year for some team. As for Theo, he has really done very little to fix our staff. He has the bucks to do it. Unfortunately, the future is now, and Bedard, Beckett, and Buch cannot perform. The Phillies spent big time to get the Doc. We spent big time to get Lackey. The evil empire spent big time for CC. This weekend will determine if we even get to the playoffs. All the talking heads from ESPN, MLB and writers are wondering who are our top 3 pitchers for the playoffs. We have to win 2 of next 4. I doubt they can do it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Bar room baseball at it's worst!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

God knows I'm wrong often enough, but said before the trade deadline , that the biggest need for Sox wasn't RF but the bull-pen. I put this tailspin at the feet of Theo whose inaction is main reason for teams decline. I've always been a fan of Epstein but am starting to think maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing if he went to Cubs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I mentioned the bullpen as the area that needed to be targeted earlier this season.

I just have no faith in Albers, Wheeler, Morales or Atchison.

Thank goodness for Aceves.

But before you throw stones at Theo, remember that there just aren't that many really good relief pitchers in baseball these days. I look at other team's bullpens and they are mainly old guys hanging on, AAA players replacing injured guys, young pitchers who haven't proven themselves yet, and assorted players whose names I have never heard before....I mean , Rommie Lewis, who the hell is he?...Jerry's grandson?...and what kind of name is 'Rommie" , anyway?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

The RS organization pride themselves in promotion from within, especially pitching. Theo is a great believer in this. That's why you won't see the organization go after a Lee, or a Halliday, or a Sabbathia.
    They signed Lackey because of fan pressure for a top starter. He was a leftover and the RS paid far too much for his services. I do think Lackey has good enough stuff just not the right mental focus.

Although I think we have some of the best home-grown talent, I also think it's important to have some seasoned vets who have been around the block for good team balance. We are relying on mostly rookies, or guys with very little MLB experience coming off the bench or out of the BP.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Nope, this is barroom baseball at its best ... well actually, perhaps the only instance ..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: BAR ROOM BASEBALL AT IT'S BEST......:
    [QUOTE] I am guilty as every one to over reacting to the last 10 days of fiasco baseball. I still cannot blame Tito. Bard has imploded twice. This meens Pap will ask for some serious bucks for next year for some team. As for Theo, he has really done very little to fix our staff. He has the bucks to do it. Unfortunately, the future is now, and Bedard, Beckett, and Buch cannot perform. The Phillies spent big time to get the Doc. We spent big time to get Lackey. The evil empire spent big time for CC. This weekend will determine if we even get to the playoffs. All the talking heads from ESPN, MLB and writers are wondering who are our top 3 pitchers for the playoffs. We have to win 2 of next 4. I doubt they can do it.
    Posted by boboinfla[/QUOTE]

You can't really blame Theo for the injuries to our pitching staff this year.   When the season started we had Dice-K and Buchholz as two of our five starting pitchers.  I would imagine that most would agree that Lackey was overpaid and really hasn't been very good this year.  At least Buchholz may be back to help us in the playoffs.  Also, Jenks has been hurt for most of the season and that also isn't Theo's fault. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BAR ROOM BASEBALL AT IT'S BEST...... : You can't really blame Theo for the injuries to our pitching staff this year.   When the season started we had Dice-K and Buchholz as two of our five starting pitchers.  I would imagine that most would agree that Lackey was overpaid and really hasn't been very good this year.  At least Buchholz may be back to help us in the playoffs.  Also, Jenks has been hurt for most of the season and that also isn't Theo's fault. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]  AS DAD WOULD SAY.........  "SUSIE, PITCHING IS BETTER DEVELOPED ON THE FARM, WHY PAY BIG $$$$$ FOR PLAYERS ENTERING THEIR TWILIGHT" !!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BAR ROOM BASEBALL AT IT'S BEST...... : You can't really blame Theo for the injuries to our pitching staff this year.   When the season started we had Dice-K and Buchholz as two of our five starting pitchers.  I would imagine that most would agree that Lackey was overpaid and really hasn't been very good this year.  At least Buchholz may be back to help us in the playoffs.  Also, Jenks has been hurt for most of the season and that also isn't Theo's fault. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]
       You have to be able to react to injuries, especially pitching, to think you are going to start the same 5 all year is folly. Team hasn't been pro-active in getting replacements for obvious weaknesses, going on the cheap i.e. Morales, doing nothing for RF or RH bat off bench, trading Sutton for Aviles was a wash.
       IMO even with injuries to starting pitching the AL is wide open and once you get to the series all bets are off.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BAR ROOM BASEBALL AT IT'S BEST...... :   AS DAD WOULD SAY.........  "SUSIE, PITCHING IS BETTER DEVELOPED ON THE FARM, WHY PAY BIG $$$$$ FOR PLAYERS ENTERING THEIR TWILIGHT" !!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

I underrtand Lackey has serious problems at home and cannot concentrate. He is surly, but that isn't important. Right now we have to hope, hope, and hope.