Bard DFA'd

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Bard DFA'd

Berry placed on 40-man and called up from Pawtucket

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/09/red-sox-designate-daniel-bard-for-assignment.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MlbTradeRumors+%28MLB+Trade+Rumors%29

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: Bard DFA'd

In response to southpaw777's comment:

When the Red Sox were interested in Mike Carp in February, I suggested a trade of Daniel Bard for Carp.

Good golly, their respective stocks have headed in different directions this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

Berry placed on 40-man and called up from Pawtucket

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/09/red-sox-designate-daniel-bard-for-assignment.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MlbTradeRumors+%28MLB+Trade+Rumors%29 

When the Red Sox were interested in Mike Carp in February, I suggested a trade of Daniel Bard for Carp.

Good golly, their respective stocks have headed in different directions this year.

Yeah, too bad for Bard. Hes a good kid but just gets in his own head too much. Guys like that need to learn a different way of thinking or they usually end up doing what Bard is doing.

I had mentioned a few times that he was a candidate for a non-tender in the off season. I guess they obviously needed that valuable 40-man spot enough to Designate him. Well, maybe some GM will just think a change of scenery will work for him and we can come away with a young prospect with some potential. Nothing big, but something. I wish him luck wherever he lands.

Im off to Portland to see Henry Owens' last start of the year. Have a good one Hill.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaysofYaz. Show DaysofYaz's posts

I'll bet he lands in Cleveland. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to DaysofYaz's comment:

Or with Theo in Chicago.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I bet he ends up back in Boston, the Sox will give him a chance next season....but if he looks as lost as ever next season I don't doubt they will give him is outright release. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I bet he ends up back in Boston, the Sox will give him a chance next season....but if he looks as lost as ever next season I don't doubt they will give him is outright release. 

if they dont work out a trade in 10 days he has to go through waivers. We should know where he ends up in a couple weeks.

Im surprised theres only 7 posts on this subject.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He has such a good arm it's truly a shame.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Bard was one of the best set-up men in MLB for 2+ years. That cannot be a fluke. 

How far he has fallen since "the experiment".

Sox4ever

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

if they dont work out a trade in 10 days he has to go through waivers. We should know where he ends up in a couple weeks.

Im surprised theres only 7 posts on this subject.

[/QUOTE]

don't you mean only 7 threads on this subject

while 6 were a step ahead of him actually getting DFA

there was a lot of disscusion on the topic

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Bard ruined his career by switching from bullpen to starter to bullpen.  He shouldnt have done that.  I know he was a college starter, but that is college level.  that is not even close to AA to AAA level.   If he knew that he struggle a bit as a minor league starter during his early part of his career and got better as a bullpen pitcher, why can he just stick to it.   Guess someone whisper in his ear t, and told himn that he would get better pay if he become a starter, Now that is what had happen to him!!

Now he is risk to not to play at major league level ever again!!!  I would give him another chance, but he does not deserve to be on the 40 man roster.  Maybe leave him off of 40 man roster, and stay in minor league until he can straigthen himself out.  I know he can.  But guess his mentally is so screwed up due to multiple injuries and switching his position back and forth.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

Or with Theo in Chicago.

Agree.  I definitely could see either Theo or Francona give him another chance. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Good call, Susan and Mojo.

Theo has claimed Bard off of waivers, for the Cubs.

Good luck, Bard!

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Good call, Susan and Mojo.

Theo has claimed Bard off of waivers, for the Cubs.

Good luck, Bard!

And they DFA Michael Bowen!!

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I have a hunch that Bard will come back and be an effective bullpen guy.  The experiment went horribly awry and ruined him for a bit.  But all he needs is a good two month spirit quest through the jungles of South America, a month of soft toss with pop on the farm, and he will be good to go as feel-good-come-back-story-of-the-year on Chicago northside next season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

Or with Theo in Chicago.

Good call Mojo. And good luck Theo. And good luck Daniel. Played college ball with Bard's dad.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

are the sox getting anything for bard? even a fair minor league prospect is better than nothing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:

are the sox getting anything for bard? even a fair minor league prospect is better than nothing.

They DFA'd him, so they had 10 days to work out a deal or he had to go through waivers where he was fair game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I wish the guy luck in regaining his form. Good luck in Chi-town Danny boy.

20. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts