Bard is apparently getting a call up for tomorrow's game.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Bard is apparently getting a call up for tomorrow's game.

He has been improving. Maybe they felt he was able to help at least some and why not use him as depth. They want him back contributing soon. Breslow's rehab hasn't gone well so far.

Probably Wright but I wouldn't be surprised if it were Aceves either. Or someone else. Wright makes perfect sense though.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Bard is apparently getting a call up for tomorrow's game.

Wakefield has been working with Wright. I think that was obvious tonight. Enough said. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Bard is much needed in the pen...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

I'm a tad confused here

if bard is the answer

what was the question

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Bard stinks right now. He cannot help us.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Aceves is on a short rope! Time to send him on to a team who can use him. He seems to be a good pitcher but also he seems to be very self centered. Aceves first team last.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Very in depth.

Another stellar post from you Burrito. I'm glad I got to read it before it was deleted.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

He had two bad outings this year other than that he has given up a earned run.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Yes, only two bad outings, out of 8. Another outing in one inning of work, he gave up two hits and walked a guy, giving up an unearned run. I wouldn't consider that a non-bad outing. So yet, 62.5% of his outings have been good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

pumpsie is a pink hat

Conan adds no value and has no baseball knowledge.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Wright looked like solid innings eater, like Tim Wakefield.

Wright deserves a valor award for last night, miserable, cold, rainy.  He kept the rest of the bullpen out of the game and ready for today. 

As for Bard, the Sox already have four pretty good righties--Hanrahan, Bailey, Uehara, and Tazawa--but what they could use is one reliable lefty in the bullpen.  Miller has unfortunately regressed, but maybe he just doesn't like cold weather. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to RedsoxProspects's comment:

He has been improving. Maybe they felt he was able to help at least some and why not use him as depth. They want him back contributing soon. Breslow's rehab hasn't gone well so far.

Probably Wright but I wouldn't be surprised if it were Aceves either. Or someone else. Wright makes perfect sense though.

BINGO  !!!  I know that this has been said before, but ACEVES can derail a team very quickly, "addition by subtraction" would be benificial !!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Rare as this is, I tend to agree with Bill-806 about Aceves.  His one big excuse for last night has to be the horrible weather, cold and rainy.  It didn't bother Colon, but might have bothered Aceves.  That said, Aceves has some pretty significant quirks.  With the depth of the current bullpen--in Boston and in the Sox system-- the loss of Aceves would not be felt that badly. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Rare as this is, I tend to agree with Bill-806 about Aceves.  His one big excuse for last night has to be the horrible weather, cold and rainy.  It didn't bother Colon, but might have bothered Aceves.  That said, Aceves has some pretty significant quirks.  With the depth of the current bullpen--in Boston and in the Sox system-- the loss of Aceves would not be felt that badly. 

And I thought that I was the only one that could see this..... Thanks !!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

You guys doubting Bard seem to forget he was one of most successful bullpen guys in MLB the year before last.  They tried to make him a starter, it didn't work, it doesn't mean stick a fork in him.

Over six innings, Bard has allowed one unearned run on five hits and three walks. He has struck out three.  That doesn't stink...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

pumpsie is a pink hat

B I N G O !!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

pumpsie is a pink hat

B I N G O !!!!

There's the pot calling the kettle black.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Wright will be sent down. I think he was right after last nights game. People here forget that Aceves gave us 2 very good outings before last nights mess. Hes NOT a full time starter, but has value in the pen. Since his little incident in ST you haven't heard anything wrong.

Gotta give Bard a shot and see where hes at. His problem is between the ears, which messes with everything else (mechanics, etc.) he does. Once he can 100% trust himself again and stop over thinking, he will be fine.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

The only problem is that not having Aceves in the pen could hurt until Morales is ready. He has been valuable as a long reliever. If the Sox need to bring someone in for the fifth or before, he's been the best option.

I've never wanted him as a starter, but as a long reliever, he does have value. Morales has been stretched out, so when he's ready, maybe he can have that role. But I don't like a bullpen w/o having a guy in there who can go two or three innings.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Every team needs a guy who you can put in the game when you are way behind so your SP can be removed. Aceves CAN eat some innings; at least he is good for that. And sometimes he can even put in a decent performance. He is certainly not a SP, even though he would very much like to be one. I think we should keep Aceves but get rid of Miller who has been wild his entire career.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

pumpsie is a pink hat

B I N G O !!!!

There's the pot calling the kettle black.....

Conan IS totally useless. He is the only guy here I have on ignore. Bill at least posts about baseball; Conan whines about other posters most of the time. He is a genuinely useless poster and frankly, I would not miss it if no one quoted he drivel any more so I don't have to read it.

Sections
Shortcuts