Bard: I've got 'raw stuff' to start for Sox

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Re: Bard: I've got 'raw stuff' to start for Sox

In Response to Re: Bard: I've got 'raw stuff' to start for Sox:
    In Response to Re: Bard: I've got 'raw stuff' to start for Sox :
    In Response to Re: Bard: I've got 'raw stuff' to start for Sox : But the idea of the SP off doing their own thing on off-days and not watching the game?  Everywhere. The idea of players playing getting invovled in other activities? Everywhere.  AJ PIerzynski said its very common for guys in the game to check in on their Fantasy Football games during Sunday games.  Fans just want this kind of thing to mean someting, because they get to assign blame and work forward from there.  The truth is, it was a pointless media distraction... Posted by notin[/QUOTE ] bottom line notin are you denying that there was a problem in the clubhouse that was partially responsible for the fall
    Posted by pinstripezac

He is saying that it was overblown by the media, talk show hosts, and some posters to this forum. It is typical in human nature to assign blame to specific targets instead of collectively. The media is too well aware of this and takes advantage of it. Saying that 25 players stunk in September doesn't play in Peoria so the resort to having a flavor-of-the-day scapegoat.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Zac, I'm in between on this.  I believe this was a clubhouse issue but I also think it may have been overblown to some degree, press pile on.  Only the people in the clubhouse know the what, when, where and why, and extent of it. Whatever it was or wasn't, the fact is, things unraveled in September and in a hurry. While I think it was one of the factors, I doubt it was the only one. Mistakes were made; what's done is done. How it's handled going forward by everyone concerned is key. I also think it's the main reason Valentine was hired. He'll take no prisioners. Anyone not on board will be thrown over without a life line

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Moonslob states that clubhouse cannot be proven. His reason for all-time record season collapse is that injury bad luck was a factor, but no single reason can be proven. Therefore, offer Varitek and Wastefield millions and proceed forward with status quo approach and get a 4 leaf clover for better starting pitching injury luck.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In Response to Re: Bard: I've got 'raw stuff' to start for Sox:
    If you are giving up on the Sox rotatio after ChickenGate, you might as well give up on Major League Baseball.  That kind of behavior exists in EVERY clubhouse.  And its not the srt of problem the press wanted everyone to believe.  I guess they found a sheep or two who believed it was serious....
    Posted by notin

Not to mention those crack Globe reporters that either didn't know anything about it during most of the season or did know but didn't report it while the team was on a 100-win pace for most of the year.

The latter makes sense, of course, because it's nothing other than a way to sell papers to sheep after things went wrong elsewhere.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Late to the post ...

But once they got Melancon, I say let the young man have a go at it.

The pen is always there, but his success as a starter could be a real season changer for the Sox.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

The latter makes sense, of course, because it's nothing other than a way to sell papers to sheep after things went wrong elsewhere.

When peformance tanks, changes and leash length gets reduced. No need to scapegoat the media business for selling bugaboo, accountability ends with millionaires in Red Sox frathouse. Win and party all day. Lose and party time is over. That is the way merit is meted out and accountability is assigned. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Jack McKeon recalls locking the Marlins clubhouse door to keep Josh Beckett and others in the dugout

by Joe Capozzi   
    Among the details were allegations by unnamed sources that pitchers Josh Beckett, Jon Lester and John Lackey had a habit of drinking beer, eating fast-food fried chicken and playing video games in the clubhouse while their teammates tried to salvage a once-promising season.

It wasn’t the first time Beckett killed time in the clubhouse during a game. He and Brad Penny did that with the Marlins in 2003, prompting manager Jack McKeon to lock the clubhouse door during games.

“A couple of times I looked down the bench to talk to somebody and they weren’t there. They were in the clubhouse. So I went up and got them out and said, ‘OK, boys that’s it. We’ll lock the door.’”

McKeon told that same story in June, after he took over as Marlins manager when Edwin Rodriguez resigned. In June, McKeon was a little more animated in his recollection of what he did in 2003: “I would go in clubhouse with bat and (say) ‘get your backsides out of here!’ I locked the clubhouse.”

McKeon recalled in June how he handed out what he called “po cards and pee-pee cards. Put them where I was sitting (in the dugout), so if you wanted to go to bathroom you had to get a card. That broke it up.”

The Marlins went on to win the World Series in 2003. The Red Sox went 7-20 in September and finished third in the AL East.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

In June, McKeon was a little more animated in his recollection of what he did in 2003: “I would go in clubhouse with bat and (say) ‘get your backsides out of here!’ I locked the clubhouse.”

McKeon recalled in June how he handed out what he called “po cards and pee-pee cards. Put them where I was sitting (in the dugout), so if you wanted to go to bathroom you had to get a card. That broke it up.”

And Captain Varitek and Beckett will lead Solidarity in the form of a grievance field through the MLBPA..............................................

Good for Jack! Nice to see slackard Lowrie gone. Nice to see when prima donna passive aggressive Ellsbury goes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

What gets Softlaw really irate are the white guys with a college education and heaven forbid if they become a union rep.

When will the Bob Hohler "yellow journalism" article dissipate out of the minds of the tabloid crown or the type that listen to WEEI all day or Michael Felger.  Will we have to hear about the mortal sins of eating fried chicken, having a Bud Light on your off day all season long. Is this Softlaw character just raising controversy to satisfy his desire to troll? What a shame that so many keep falling for the act.

Sections
Shortcuts