Bard the next Eric Hansen

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roaddogg1959. Show Roaddogg1959's posts

Bard the next Eric Hansen

Throws hard gets pounded this guy isn't a starting pitcher. If he insist on starting and management is afraid to put him in the pen then trade him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: Bard the next Eric Hansen

I think you mean Craig Hansen--later traded to the Pirates.

The Sox unfortunately really rushed him to the majors.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Perhaps he means the Hanson brothers....they threw hard punches, got pounded, management was afraid of them and ended up in the state pen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

The OP describes Matt Young, who once threw a no-hitter and lost.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Bard the next Eric Hansen:
    [QUOTE]I think you mean Craig Hansen--later traded to the Pirates. The Sox unfortunately really rushed him to the majors.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

Not exactly.

He was demanding a major league contract (meaning he'd have to be on the 40 man roster) coming out of the draft, that's why he slipped to the Sox in the teens. He and his agent forced his early arrival to the majors, not anyone else. Same thing happened with Wily Mo Pena's career in Cincy. Greedy agents and players can ruin their own careers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Maybe he means Erik Hanson the pitcher who helped us in 1995, maybe some of you forgot.  15 game winner.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roaddogg1959. Show Roaddogg1959's posts

In response to "Re: Bard the next Eric Hansen": [QUOTE]Maybe he means Erik Hanson the pitcher who helped us in 1995, maybe some of you forgot.  15 game winner. Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE] I meant Craig not awake yet lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHBALLFAN. Show NHBALLFAN's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe he means Erik Hanson the pitcher who helped us in 1995, maybe some of you forgot.  15 game winner.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]
     He might mean Chris Hansen, from "To Catch A Preditor" fame....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bard the next Eric Hansen :  He might mean Chris Hansen, from "To Catch A Preditor" fame....
    Posted by NHBALLFAN[/QUOTE]

"Hi, I'm Chris Hansen from Dateline NBC, have a seat over there,..........WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?"  LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe he means Erik Hanson the pitcher who helped us in 1995, maybe some of you forgot.  15 game winner.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

I also remember him as a former Blue Jays pitcher.  I think he went 12-18 one year with Toronto.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Totally inaccurate comparison.  Craig Hansen never did anything at the major league level.  Bard has.  And I am not giving up on him yet.  His ERA was the best among starters for April, and is still the third best among starters on the team, besting both Beckett and Buccholz.

If Dice-K were to return soon, or Oswalt signed, or Cook reintroduced to the rotation, I'd rather they replace Buccholz than Bard.  I am not convinced Bard will return to what he was the past two seasons in the bullpen, and the bullpen on this team has not been the issue for about a month now (since dumping Thomas and Melancon, and with the return of Hill and Miller).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I wish he meant Erik, that would be a good thing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]I think you mean Craig Hansen--later traded to the Pirates. The Sox unfortunately really rushed him to the majors.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]as i recall,  scott boras did to him by mandating a major league deal for him. felt the kid was ready for the majors, that really forced the sox hands. also, i loved this quote regarding bard:

"If they want a fringy No. 5 starter throwing a bunch of breaking and off-speed pitches, Dice-K is the man."

must warm dice's heart!

Sections
Shortcuts