BARD to the BONE just had his WORSE outing!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: BARD to the BONE just had his WORSE outing!

He is 27 and not unsalvageable. Look as bad as Kazmir was 3 years ago he is back.

The earliest he can be a FA is 2016. Keep working with him for the next 3 years and at a very low cost the last 2. He won't get the 2 mil the next 2 yrs as he is now.

IMHO it is well worth the effort

BTW why would any team give up something for him? Sometimes I thinkRS fans believe all GMs are dumb.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

weei, alex speir:

He entered the game for the start of the sixth and issued four walks while uncorking a pair of wild pitches. He did record two outs, but ultimately had to be pulled after throwing just eight or 29 pitches for strikes. It was Bard’s fourth straight outing since getting sent back down to Portland in which he failed to throw more than 50 percent of his offerings for strikes:

April 30: 2/3 IP, 9 of 18 strikes (50 percent)

May 2: 1/3 IP, 4 of 15 strikes (27 percent)

May 6: 1 IP, 8 of 17 strikes (47 percent)

May 10: 2/3 IP, 8 of 29 strikes (28 percent)

Overall, that’s a 37 percent strike rate since Bard returned to Portland — a horrific number, worse than his control struggles last year in Triple-A. The fact that the Sox opted to promote Jose De La Torre on Friday, rather than considering a reliever already 0n the 40-man roster in Bard, speaks volumes about his uncertain place in the organization.

says it all! methinks this guy is unsalvageable and is taking up a precious 40 man roster. we cant justify that and may have to send him thru waivers and see if someone will claim him and giv us something for him within that 10 day window.

Yeah he should be easy to deal....

For once I agree why do people say a guy  suks then think they can get something for him?

Hey I have a non running 2010 mustang and you give me your running 2010 Camaro. That is a great deal for both of us right?...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Not an arm chair GM I do not question their moves since I do not know what they know. I try and see a method and decipher their plan. See I believe their plan was to keep all the prospects and build a good team. At the trade deadline they now have chips to improve their prospect pool while saving future payroll for FA to fill voids not being filled by prospects. 

PI also come here for discussion but as you can see many here deal in fantasy. Like thinking Bard would be picked up and that team would give us something in return. I also believe he is inexpensive and we have 3 yrs to get him back to being a good RP.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

weei, alex speir:

He entered the game for the start of the sixth and issued four walks while uncorking a pair of wild pitches. He did record two outs, but ultimately had to be pulled after throwing just eight or 29 pitches for strikes. It was Bard’s fourth straight outing since getting sent back down to Portland in which he failed to throw more than 50 percent of his offerings for strikes:

April 30: 2/3 IP, 9 of 18 strikes (50 percent)

May 2: 1/3 IP, 4 of 15 strikes (27 percent)

May 6: 1 IP, 8 of 17 strikes (47 percent)

May 10: 2/3 IP, 8 of 29 strikes (28 percent)

Overall, that’s a 37 percent strike rate since Bard returned to Portland — a horrific number, worse than his control struggles last year in Triple-A. The fact that the Sox opted to promote Jose De La Torre on Friday, rather than considering a reliever already 0n the 40-man roster in Bard, speaks volumes about his uncertain place in the organization.

says it all! methinks this guy is unsalvageable and is taking up a precious 40 man roster. we cant justify that and may have to send him thru waivers and see if someone will claim him and giv us something for him within that 10 day window.

I feel bad for Bard, it seems his career in Boston may be winding down.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Bard is toast. The Red Sox, in combination with Bard himself, have ruined what could have been a very good career. The best thing for all parties now is to release him and see if a change of scenery might help him. He will never be of any use to us again.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I hope that Bard is not finished as a professional pitcher, but if he is the Sox are clearly at fault after the ringer they put this guy through all of last year.

It all began with making him a starter when they needed a closer (after Papelbon signed with the Phillies) and yet they started talking and planning to make him a starter.

Sometimes, the old saying relating to "if it ain't broken......" should apply to major league personnel.

But the worst part was what the Sox did to him by sending him to Pawtucket where everyone could watch him fry in the pan almost as much as he would have been watched in Boston when he needed to be sent home or to Fort Myers to completely clear his head.

What a shame that a guy who was the best 8th inning guy around is now failing in Double A ball.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

bard 4 joba :-)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

In response to craze4sox's comment:

bard 4 joba :-)

Wouldnt that be funny. Although Bard has never really had an attitude issue, it was always and apparently still his "mental toughness". Not sure if thats the right term to use describing Bard, but his mechanics are ok and hes not hurt, so I think he just gets in his own head. Thats what farrell was referring to when Bard was a starter. He failed because he thought too much and had 5 days in between starts to do just that. Messed him all up. Being a reliever, he could go right back out the next day and throw. Hopefully he can recover. Id rather keep him for another year or so since we wouldnt get anything back for him right now anyway.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

You all forget one thing in the theory that the RS screwed him up by making him a starter.

HE WANTED TO BE A STARTER AS DID HIS AGENT HE IS AS MUCH AT FAULT AS THE RS

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Bard has lost his concentration---he is not thinking about the moment he's thinking what is going to happen after this season if I don't produce enough to get back on the Sox 25 man roster and I have to sign a minor league contract----I'm out a M a year. How am I going to be able to provide for my family on a minor L contract? He will hit bottom if he continues to spiral out of control--this may have been his worst outing yet. Hopefully he has a good family---he's going to need to find some help. Perhaps a conversation with Doc Halladay----about Doc making a career comback early in his career--starting at the very bottom and rebuilding.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Attempting to turn a RP into a starter fails far more often than it succeeds.

The Rangers succeeded with CJ Wilson, and then ruined Neftali Feliz trying to replicate that success.

At this point, Bard has already turned himself into a non-tender candidate and a reclaimation project.  He has almost no trade value because of this...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

You all forget one thing in the theory that the RS screwed him up by making him a starter.

HE WANTED TO BE A STARTER AS DID HIS AGENT HE IS AS MUCH AT FAULT AS THE RS

It was a bad move, but I have a hard time blaming a player for trying to increase his chances of getting a big contract.

It would be tough to settle for a set up man cotract, if you think you can start.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I find it hilarious that people blame the Red Sox for letting him try to start.

How many other releivers have become starters without suffering a total mental breakdown?

hint: just about all of them.

Bard becoming bad is on Bard.

Last I checked he was a man and a ML baseball player, not a toddler.

Sections
Shortcuts