Bard to the bullpen

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Bard to the bullpen

Ok it is offical at least for a week. Bard is in the bp. If i was a betting man it would bet he is the closer by the end of next week.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Bard to the bullpen

In Response to Bard to the bullpen:
    [QUOTE]Ok it is offical at least for a week. Bard is in the bp. If i was a betting man it would bet he is the closer by the end of next week.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]

It can't hurt.  give Cook a chance to start.  It couldn't get worse.  

I feel badly for Bard, but it has to happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I'll have to agree with you on this.  Having Aaron Cook in Pawtucket helps with this decision.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I'm guessing that Bard will whine about this to the media.

This team is so screwed up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Who cares if he whines ? The man who signs his check is the decider in chief.

For the long haul we may want Bard as a starter, but this bullpen currently needs him at the back end.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

thats for DAMN SURE! best news i've heard in awhile. and with bard stretched out to be a starter we can give him the ball more often and give him more innings (hopefully!!)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

He should have been given the job from day 1 when Paps left.  This may have gotten us another victory or two to start the year and we would be talking about how bad this team is.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It was ridicules to move him to starter in the first place.  Now, they probably messed him all up no matter where he pitches.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

They messed up Aceves just like BurritoT said would happen. EXACTLY like BurritoT said.  

All I heard and I all I still here is "yeah but Aceves was so great last year." Yes he was... in the SIXTH AND SEVENTH INNINGS!

Once again I was correct and all I used was common sense. Show me a life long middle reliever that dominates year in and year out, they don't exist. Show me where it is writen that good middle relievers make great closers, most never do.

Cherington sucks... there I said it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In Response to Re: Bard to the bullpen:
    [QUOTE]They messed up Aceves just like BurritoT said would happen. EXACTLY like BurritoT said.   All I heard and I all I still here is "yeah but Aceves was so great last year." Yes he was... in the SIXTH AND SEVENTH INNINGS! Once again I was correct and all I used was common sense. Show me a life long middle reliever that dominates year in and year out, they don't exist. Show me where it is writen that good middle relievers make great closers, most never do. Cherington sucks... there I said it.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]
    Aceves the closer was not the plan of Cherrington. He traded for two relievers this offseason one is hurt and is in AAA. I guess he lost both trades but really Bailey gets to the base earlier or later he does not trip on the runner and who would expect those results from Melancon?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Honestly i think its a mistake to do such a thing. His last start was really impressive, he could easily be a number 2 in the rotation. This team needs way more then a closer, they dont have a bridge to said closer, doesnt matter if bard comes in 9th and the game has already been blown.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from drpjn. Show drpjn's posts

While we all have opinions about what shouda been done, I think their best option is to abandon the starter role for Bard and return him to the bullpen NOW!

We must look forward and good teams identify their weaknesses and address them thoroughly and quickly.

There are starters in Pawtucket.  One, Cook, is ready right now.

Just do it (ala Nike).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

His starts will still be "impressive" in 2013. If they are not gona blow up the team they need to move Bard now.

Sections
Shortcuts