Baseball Americas Top Prospects (the other guys)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Baseball Americas Top Prospects (the other guys)

Baseball America recently came out with their top 100 prospects with 8 Sox making the list.

Xander Bogaerts     (2)

Henry Owens         (40)

Jackie Bradley JR.   (50)

Blake Swihart         (73)

Garin Cecchini        (74)

Mookie Betts          (75)

Allen Webster         (88)

Trey Ball                (89)

Today BA came out with a list of prospects that missed the list, but came close to making it.  The following are Sox prospects with the # of ballots casted in their name () and then their peak rankings ()

Anthony Ranuado      (5)  (109)

Brandon Workman     (4)  (95)

Christian Vasquez      (1)  (149)

Devon Marrero          (1)   (127)

Manuel Margot          (1)   (149)

Matt Barnes              (4)   (104)

Looks like there were 3  Red Sox pitchers who were on most peoples list who barely missed the list (Barnes, Ranuado, and Workman)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Baseball Americas Top Prospects (the other guys)

http://www.baseballamerica.com/majors/ask-ba-3/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

Thats kind of disapointing. I expected Barnes-Workman and Ranaudo to have just missed. However, based on those numbers, it looks like none of them would have cracked the top 125 even. And Vasquez would not have made the top 200.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Baseball America recently came out with their top 100 prospects with 8 Sox making the list.

Xander Bogaerts     (2)

Henry Owens         (40)

Today BA came out with a list of prospects that missed the list, but came close to making it.  The following are Sox prospects with the # of ballots casted in their name () and then their peak rankings ()

Looks like there were 3  Red Sox pitchers who were on most peoples list who barely missed the list (Barnes, Ranuado, and Workman)

[/QUOTE]

Its amazing when you look at that list, that even with the graduation of Bogey and JBJ off it. How many of these guys could make huge jumps up that list by yr end. I know staying healthy a big part, but assuming most stay healthy and continue to improve could see:

Owens / Cecchini = top 25

Swihart /Barnes / Betts /Ball /Raunado = top 50

Vasquez / Margot / Webster = top 100

and who knows maybe someone like Rafeal Devers or Ty Buttrey have a break out season down below and jump into top 100 territory? RS could possibly have 10+ in the top 100 even w/ the graduation of JBJ / Bogey / Workman likely this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

gentlemen, we are in a great place right now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I only count 19 guys with 6 or 7 votes, so that would place ranaudo in the 120's or so.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to garyhow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Xander Bogaerts     (2)

Henry Owens         (40)

[/QUOTE]

Its amazing when you look at that list, that even with the graduation of Bogey and JBJ off it. How many of these guys could make huge jumps up that list by yr end. I know staying healthy a big part, but assuming most stay healthy and continue to improve could see:

and who knows maybe someone like Rafeal Devers or Ty Buttrey have a break out season down below and jump into top 100 territory? RS could possibly have 10+ in the top 100 even w/ the graduation of JBJ / Bogey / Workman likely this year.

[/QUOTE]

I bet some of those guys will rise, but lets be realistic and realize that some of them will probably fall as well.  

It would be nice to see the depth of our system raise a few fresh faces into that list as well. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I only count 19 guys with 6 or 7 votes, so that would place ranaudo in the 120's or so.

[/QUOTE]

but we don't know where he was ranked. His top ranking was 109, and if the other 4 guys had him at 115 then yes, but maybe all 4 had him right at 150.  We really just don't know,  I'd like to think Ranuado just missed the top 100, and I think there is a good chance he would be in the top 120. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

but we don't know where he was ranked. His top ranking was 109, and if the other 4 guys had him at 115 then yes, but maybe all 4 had him right at 150.  We really just don't know,  I'd like to think Ranuado just missed the top 100, and I think there is a good chance he would be in the top 120. 

[/QUOTE]

True.  I'm guessing he'd probably be 120-130 on the list. I'm not sure why they just don't post a top 150 or 200 list.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

True.  I'm guessing he'd probably be 120-130 on the list. I'm not sure why they just don't post a top 150 or 200 list.

[/QUOTE]

It would be nice, or to see each individual top 150's as well. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Maybe he can be squeezed in if BA would stop ranking Japnese professional players who have zero chance of ever pitching in a minor league game.   This is not a knock on Tanaka as a pitcher, but on BA for thinking he is a "prospect."  Like Daisuke and Fukudome and countless others, these guys are already making megamillions and wll be MLB players, not the future of their organizations.  (Fukudome was like 31 when BA ranked him.  Really, BA?)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe he can be squeezed in if BA would stop ranking Japnese professional players who have zero chance of ever pitching in a minor league game.   This is not a knock on Tanaka as a pitcher, but on BA for thinking he is a "prospect."  Like Daisuke and Fukudome and countless others, these guys are already making megamillions and wll be MLB players, not the future of their organizations.  (Fukudome was like 31 when BA ranked him.  Really, BA?)

[/QUOTE]

Good points.

Does anyone know how many international players, say over age 25, are ranked in the top 100?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to garyhow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Xander Bogaerts     (2)

Henry Owens         (40)

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I bet some of those guys will rise, but lets be realistic and realize that some of them will probably fall as well.  

It would be nice to see the depth of our system raise a few fresh faces into that list as well. 

[/QUOTE]

Some possible bad news. Heard Barnes has a stiff shoulder? following his start vs. BC. Lets hope nothing serious.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

[QUOTE]

Xander Bogaerts     (2)

Henry Owens         (40)

[/QUOTE]
    http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/14/red-sox-prospect-gets-arrested-acts-like-a-monumental-jackwagon/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

glad to see this guy on nobody's top list.  sheesh!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to michaelsjr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Xander Bogaerts     (2)

Henry Owens         (40)

[/QUOTE]
    http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/14/red-sox-prospect-gets-arrested-acts-like-a-monumental-jackwagon/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

glad to see this guy on nobody's top list.  sheesh!

[/QUOTE]

He was a little too young, far away, and raw to really be ranked anyways.  Young athletes getting into trouble isn't new news.  Remember Clay Buchholz got arrested for stealing computers, and Drake Britton got a DUI last year.  He is going to be punished and will miss the season, but the Sox are already putting him on a program.  I hope he is on this list in a few years.

and I believe he was at #11 on Fangraphs list.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I thought Purplebelt was a guy who has been practicing BJJ for several years.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to crowtrobot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I thought Purplebelt was a guy who has been practicing BJJ for several years.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe just BJ'S.

[/QUOTE]

Brazilian Jiu's?????