Baseball is all about history. Enjoy the fact that you witnessed history being made today.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moremo. Show moremo's posts

Baseball is all about history. Enjoy the fact that you witnessed history being made today.

First time ever that the Boston Red Sox were held to 3 hits or less for 3 straight games at Fenway.

Facts are cool.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Re: Baseball is all about history. Enjoy the fact that you witnessed history being made today.

They just had their greatest July in terms of run scoring and now this, you got to love baseball.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Baseball is all about history. Enjoy the fact that you witnessed history being made today.

To quote Ronald Wilson Reagan, "Facts are stupid things."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Hey, we got 9 hits in about 27 hours.

What's the big deal?

LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Baseball is all about history. Enjoy the fact that you witnessed history being made today.:
    To quote Ronald Wilson Reagan, "Facts are stupid things."
    Posted by LloydDobler

I can think of a few posters who would agree.
    Ignorance can be contagious.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I just wish the reverse pivot bug was contagious.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The fact that the Sox won a game in that 3 game stretch is remarkable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

I just wish Varitek could catch a ball, hit a ball, or stand up without slumping. I wish Crawberry wasn't Crawbust.  I just wish the reverse pivot could do more than 10 for 42, 2 walks and a .270 OBP from the leadoff position.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxvsGiants. Show RedSoxvsGiants's posts

I sure do hope we are not seeing the return of the worst spring Red Sox team in history.  What was that record at the start.  I know I was a little pessimisstic back then.  The team is nicked and the ebb is low.  Cross your fingers for a return to great baseball.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

In Response to Re: Baseball is all about history. Enjoy the fact that you witnessed history being made today.:
    In Response to Re: Baseball is all about history. Enjoy the fact that you witnessed history being made today. : I can think of a few posters who would agree. Ignorance can be contagious.
    Posted by harness

you've got that right. anybody quoting RONALD RAYGUN definitely qualifies as ignorant.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Baseball is all about history. Enjoy the fact that you witnessed history being made today. : you've got that right. anybody quoting RONALD RAYGUN definitely qualifies as ignorant.
    Posted by theYAZZER

Excuse me, air head?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

In Response to Re: Baseball is all about history. Enjoy the fact that you witnessed history being made today. : Excuse me, air head?
    Posted by LloydDobler

actually, there's NO EXCUSE for you.
    and i guarantee you that the CLASH also hated the RAYGUN.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Hey Lloyd, Yazzer is a Bill Maher fan but he thinks that Moby Dick is a venereal disease. Something doesn't add up about this guy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Baseball is all about history. Enjoy the fact that you witnessed history being made today. : actually, there's NO EXCUSE for you. and i guarantee you that the CLASH also hated the RAYGUN.
    Posted by theYAZZER

Yazzer, Kiddo, you are nothing if not obtuse.  Do you really think Lloyd was quoting Ronny out of Bill-806-like respect?  C'mon kid.  Do you always have to be such a little punk?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

In Response to Re: Baseball is all about history. Enjoy the fact that you witnessed history being made today. : Yazzer, Kiddo, you are nothing if not obtuse.  Do you really think Lloyd was quoting Ronny out of Bill-806-like respect?  C'mon kid.  Do you always have to be such a little punk?
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

after pondering your question, looking at the pro and cons, the kind of posters i deal with on this board, my answer is YES.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

You would be happier if he just read your Daily News and Enquirer at your desk and ate the baloney on factory bread sandwich out of your wrinkled brown bag. Then take a walk outside under the Elevated. Wear your earplugs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

"This thread has gotten very silly."

"It started out as nice little piece about history, a really great piece of investigative journalism where our O.P. points out that the team is not hitting the ball. But now it's deteriorated into a bickering match with references to Ronald Reagan and such....I am pleading with the BDC to please stop this before it gets even more silly."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Baseball is all about history. Enjoy the fact that you witnessed history being made today. : actually, there's NO EXCUSE for you. and i guarantee you that the CLASH also hated the RAYGUN.
    Posted by theYAZZER

Reagan happened to be the greatest president in the last 50 years. Even many on the left attest to that.
    You are misinformed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Baseball is all about history. Enjoy the fact that you witnessed history being made today. : after pondering your question, looking at the pro and cons, the kind of posters i deal with on this board, my answer is YES.
    Posted by theYAZZER

Fair enough.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from <)TheBabe(>. Show <)TheBabe(>'s posts

In Response to Baseball is all about history. Enjoy the fact that you witnessed history being made today.:
    First time ever that the Boston Red Sox were held to 3 hits or less for 3 straight games at Fenway. Facts are cool.

Posted by moremo

Granderson had 3 hits last night alone!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Reagan didn't face the challenges of many of our other presidents.

The 80's was a decade of a fading Soviet threat, no real threats to our Nation. Stable gas prices, no massive unemployment or inflation. Quite frankly not a bad time to be president.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Carter softened up the Soviet Union and gas prices and interest rates. Carter caused propserity after he left office, and Bush caused the lack of shovel ready jobs and Obama needs until the day after the next election day to implement his new plan that he had to hold off on until after the 1 trillion stimilus saved us all from a depression. Next is prosperity which begins to take off the day that people and world markets get restored confidence from Obama leadership and vision of hope, change and more shovel ready jobs and food stamps to jump start the recovery.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from <)TheBabe(>. Show <)TheBabe(>'s posts

Reagan didn't face the challenges of many of our other presidents. The 80's was a decade of a fading Soviet threat, no real threats to our Nation. Stable gas prices, no massive unemployment or inflation. Quite frankly not a bad time to be president.

Posted by ZILLAGOD

LOL....inflation was at 13.5% when he became president. He instituted a contractionary monetary policy to reign in inflation and it fell to 3.2% by 1983.

He also dealt with the S&L crisis.

Stable gas prices? 1980 was the first time in history that gas went above $1 a gallon.

He also cut federal spending from 4% under carter to 2.5%.

Prior to the Reagan administration, the United States economy experienced a decade of rising unemployment and inflation, known as stagflation. 

By 1988 Reagan had the unemployment rate down to 5.5% from 7.1% when he entered office.

Try at least being somewhat truthful when you post zilla.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

"This thread has gotten very silly." "It started out as nice little piece about history, a really great piece of investigative journalism where our O.P. points out that the team is not hitting the ball. But now it's deteriorated into a bickering match with references to Ronald Reagan and such....I am pleading with the BDC to please stop this before it gets even more silly."
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

don't be such a LIMP LIZARD.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

In Response to Re: Baseball is all about history. Enjoy the fact that you witnessed history being made today. : Reagan happened to be the greatest president in the last 50 years. Even many on the left attest to that. You are misinformed.
    Posted by Alibiike

except for bill clinton, that isn't saying a hell of a lot.
    raygun worked with joe mccarthy in the 50's as head of the studio guild. he turned in actors and directors to the communist witch hunts. screw raygun.

btw, is this board funded by the tea party movement, or are most of you just naturally stupid?

Sections
Shortcuts