Baseball salaries, escalating ticket prices, etc. I'm tired of it all.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: Baseball salaries, escalating ticket prices, etc. I'm tired of it all.

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

JimFromFlorida appears to be a true American.... and yet the country is screwed. Well here you all go..... if we get out presents we forget that our parents charged them to a credit card and have yet to really pay for them.... but according to JIM it is AOK so long as we get our presents.

Nothing to see here, move along

"T"   A very lousey comparison.

If the parents charge for stuff they can not afford they are mismanaging their money, not mine or yours or the RS money.

The RS are paying for presents (players) that they can afford.

If we pay for a product (going to RS games) that we can not afford then we are mismanaging our money.

What the RS do monetarily has NOTHING to do with your decision to pay for something that you can not afford like maybe a RS games or buying a $5 hot dog.

The problem with the country is that the gov't is paying for the presents for a group that for one reason or another need those presents. The issue is not for the ones who get those gifts but for those (Gov't) that know that continuing down that road will lead to disastrous problems. Spending what they (Gov't) do not have is the gov't issue not for the ones who need it. The ones that need it (IMHO) mostly would rather be working especially those that have been added in the past 4 to 8 years.

I stand by my comment if they won the WS this is a non issue.

This thread is because some think the RS fiscal activity affects them. It does not affect any one that adheres to their own fiscal responsibilities. It only affects those that that go to RS games and think the RS fiscal activity affects them, which is does not in any way shape or form.

They made a choice you made a choice YOU can not blame them for your choice. You made the decision to go to the game and spend YOUR money on a product for which there is a NO MONEY back guarantee.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

3. Demand that every federal agency, other than national security and national defense, take an inflatiion adjusted budget cut of 10%, and remove at least 10% of total current regulations, and an inflation adjusted freeze on any budget expansion that cannot be increaesed without a 2/3 majoirty from both chambesr of Congresss

It is actually fairly simple.

We should know how much it costs to run an efficient gov't.  And we should know an optimal tax rate.  Once we know that, we should grow the gov't by the rate of inflation and the rate of increase in the population.  Say, for the sake of discussion, that it costs $1T to run the gov't.  If inflation is 2%, then everyone's salary, on a macro basis, went up 2%, which means the gov'ts revenue went up 2%, which means their spending goes up 2%.

When the economy is running well, we will automatically run surpluses, and when things slow down, we'll run deficits, all offsetting in the long run.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The product that the red sox are planning on selling next year will not sell out fenway.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

The product that the red sox are planning on selling next year will not sell out fenway.

Do you know their plan? I havent read any article where BC has stated what hes going to do this offseason, as he shouldnt.

I bet you knew they were going to get Gomes and Ross before any of us too...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

Last I heard, they have 7,500 people on the waiting list for season tickets.

Sections
Shortcuts