Baseballs Dump-Tropicana Field

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brian1976. Show Brian1976's posts

Baseballs Dump-Tropicana Field

Can someone please tell me how its possible that baseball is played in such a depressing place.  Even Remy and Orsillo seemed in a trance tonight. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Baseballs Dump-Tropicana Field

The place is awful..Its hard for me to go there, even when the Sox are there..Their fans have these cowbells and even their announcers and local sports guys hate them..The catwalk, bright white roof, all make it that much more like playing in a cave with playground rules..The fans will not come to that place..If they werent in the AL East with the Sox and Yanks, the team would be gone by now..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Terrible place.  I've been to some games in Toronto and found it to be kind of a sterile environment but a pleasant one.  The Tropdump seems to have achieved the double of being both sterile and unpleasant.  Actually if the franchise moved it I might miss it, because it's one of those places you like to hate and ridicule. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

The Cow Bells are without question the most irritating behavior exhibited by any MLB fans.Yell

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mie9hhQTUM

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

It's far from great but I don't think it's quite as bad as some of you guys make it out to be.  I'd rather go there than sit outside for an afternoon game this time of yr.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I've never been to Tropicana Field, but IMO, baseball was not meant to be played in domes. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In Response to Re: Baseballs Dump-Tropicana Field:
    [QUOTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mie9hhQTUM
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

LOL Zac, that cowbell dude is sexxxxxyyyy!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"I've never been to Tropicana Field, but IMO, baseball was not meant to be played in domes."

Aesthetically, I agree with that, but try sitting in the sun for 4 hrs in Tampa or Miami this time of yr and I can guarantee you'd want to be in a dome. I've been to football games here in Sept and Oct and it's pretty uncomfortable.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

Went there once and found it to be clean and with good sightlines.    Didn't need to pay $50.00 and upwards for a good parking spot.   Cowbells are annoying.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]"I've never been to Tropicana Field, but IMO, baseball was not meant to be played in domes." Aesthetically, I agree with that, but try sitting in the sun for 4 hrs in Tampa or Miami this time of yr and I can guarantee you'd want to be in a dome.   I've been to football games here in Sept and Oct and it's pretty uncomfortable.
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

Fair point about the heat.  It can be unbearable. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe--. Show The--Babe--'s posts

[QUOTE]"I've never been to Tropicana Field, but IMO, baseball was not meant to be played in domes." Aesthetically, I agree with that, but try sitting in the sun for 4 hrs in Tampa or Miami this time of yr and I can guarantee you'd want to be in a dome.   I've been to football games here in Sept and Oct and it's pretty uncomfortable.

Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with you there. Very uncomfortable.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigdean. Show bigdean's posts

It's not a very good example of a baseball park.  That white roof and those catwalks are ridiculous.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aquachuck. Show aquachuck's posts

& to think that I thought seeing Randy Johnson & his mullet pitch games at The Kingdome during the mid 90's was bad...at least I didn't have to deal w/ cowbells.

*seeing Lou Piniella smoking in the dugout was pretty hilarious though.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan0124. Show Patsfan0124's posts

No doubt the Rays need a new stadium.  Todays came would be unbarable to sit through in the 90 degree heat and 75 percent humidity.  And oh yeah it pretty much rains every afternoon this time of year!  At least I get to see the Sox several times a year in a cool dry atmosphere.  As a New Englander living in Tampa the Trop. is what it is and serves its purpose.  GO SOX!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesey271975. Show jamesey271975's posts

its a dump. if they cant get a crowd when they were winning the AL east 2 yrs ago they should just quit and move em to a city that doesnt play in a town hall.. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Spock, Scotty beam me up QUICK!!!

There is no intelligent life here, no breathable air, no decent baseball parks...the place is a wasteland....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Baseballs Dump-Tropicana Field:
    [QUOTE]Can someone please tell me how its possible that baseball is played in such a depressing place.  Even Remy and Orsillo seemed in a trance tonight. 
    Posted by Brian1976[/QUOTE]

I have to laugh when it comes to the cowbells.  For the longest time Florida was know for oranges and beaches.  What most people didn't know was that Florida used to also be second only to Texas for beef production.  Yep.  Cows.  Lots and lots and lots of 'em. 

The cows were shipped to Kansas City to be slaughtered there.  That way the beef can be labeled "Kansas City Beef" because of the obvious history of cattle drives.  But no one really thinks of "Florida Beef" ... but there really used to be a lot - don't know how much it's changed since I left in 1993 ... the HS I graduated from in '74 was about half black, half white; half preppie; half hippie and half cowboy/redneck .....

I know all those halves don't add up ... but we when we played football in Kissimee, we played in the Rodeo Stadium ... and lost players with broken legs not because of being hit, from a foot getting stuck in the holes made by the horses and cows ....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Been there several times over the years and I have been to better stadiums that's for sure but, it's not that bad. The totally Obnoxious Fans make it worse then it is. Hard to Imagine MLB not doing something about the bells. Most Know the negatives but a few positives are the free parking and the Pizza place that was right down the street from the field, short walking distance, great NY style pizza !!

Sections
Shortcuts