Bashing Those That Leave Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Bashing Those That Leave Sox

In response to dannycater's comment:

Wilbur's article was a slam at Ellsbury. Does it really matter what his ST stats are? or that he has a tweaked muscle now? I don't care, move on. And if Ellsbury comes back and goes 7-for-10 in his first "real" series v. Sox, certainly he was given some good motivation on that column alone.

Wilbur's column was so bad, I am stupide for having read it.

And it was sexist.  Something about Sizemore being a hunk for 'satisfying a general segment of the fawning fan base'

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

It's embarrassing, parochial nonsense.  Player X is born in California, goes to University in Arizona, is drafted by some MLB team, plays in their minor league system in different cities for a couple of years, then plays for that MLB team....maybe gets traded, maybe becomes a free agent....and ends up with the Red Sox for a few years.

Then parochial little crybabies are "shocked" and "hurt" when that player moves on to another city's team, usually for bigger money.

You'd expect that behaviour from an 8-year old.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Eric Wilbur is brutal.  He makes Shaughnessy look good.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to alan93's comment:

Why didn't Dannycater provide a link to the one article that supported his OP? One article over the entire winter to support his premise. That one article is not enough to generalize on? Once again an OP that is BS.

Dunno, Pike, what's your opinion?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

One article by a eyeball-craving blogbot like Wilbur does not constitute bashing. 

I've seen very little bashing of Ellsbury by fans or media - not even that much on talk radio or in here. 

I think if Ells had taken similar money to what the Sox would have paid him, we'd have a different story. But the consensus is (mostly) that he is overpaid and we wouldn't want him on those financial terms, so - wish him well, go get paid, hope he doesn't hurt you in a big game. 

"Opinions on this forum should not be solely categorized into pro FO and anti-FO. Many are also based on sound logic and reasoning. Each FO decision should be analyzed on its own merit."

For once, we agree. On the other hand I've never seen you criticize the front office in your life, so what I think you really mean here is "each decision should be analyzed until it can be determined why the front office made a sensible decision."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to crowtrobot's comment:

In response to 37stories' comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

DAD & BILL-806 never bash departing players.......  There is enough fresh meat left on the active roster !!!

You have put up 30 threads about Drew since November.

Bill-SFB has short-term and long-term memory loss.

When it comes to your posts, I am quite certain that everyone here wishes they had the same problem.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

Why didn't Dannycater provide a link to the one article that supported his OP? One article over the entire winter to support his premise. That one article is not enough to generalize on? Once again an OP that is BS.

Dunno, Pike, what's your opinion?

What is your opinion on one article about one columnist being construed to represent the opinion of the entire media over the whole off season. Please respond to the idea / concept/ arguement. It might be  tough for you - but give it your best shot.  Cater was right - based on one article - get it? Don't Pike out of having a well thought out opinion. You are better than that. Your Mom didn't raise a dummy. Try to be logical.

The more salient issue, by far, is your continuing effort to ruin the forum with your constant complaining via multiple monickers.

Why do you insist on using more than one?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Let's get this right.  No sane person should bash Ells for moving on or taking the easy money.  No way we were going to be able to keep him when the Yankees still have a huge & open checkbook, willing to grossly overpay to secure competing talent.  This was inevitable.  Sad, but inevitable.  We have two WS championships with Ells' help.  We will always love him for that!!!!!!

Having said all that, it's time to move on!  I'm officially putting him on our enemies list!!!!   like Jeter, he is now simply a very nice kid who I like and respect the hell out of, but I will pray we hurt him bad whenever we face him.  I will root like hell against him every time we play.  I will work up a healthy hatred for him every time we meet.  I will applaud the hell out of him whenever we meet at games.  Stand & chear for him!  Get hisautograph again whenever possible...... but then I will silently PRAY THAT HE FALLS FLAT ON HIS FACE AT EVERY TURN ON THE FIELD whenever we play.  I will chear like hell whenever he goes down swinging & curse his every success.  I will work up a boarderline hatred.

Not because he left!  Just because he is playing for the enemy.  Btw....   I love having this enemy!!!!!!   How much fun is a Celtics - Lakers game these days?  I want greatness from both teams, but for the Sox to be just a bit better.

Sorry!  But let the Ells HATING begin!   The gloves are OFF!   Time for some good old fashioned hating!  It's inherently good!  It's cathartic!  It's fun!  It's interesting!  Most importantly......  it's the only right thing to do!!!!!   Stand up to the hater haters!  I hate them!  There.....   how 'bout them apples?!?!?    Quid pro quo!!   Carpe diem!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

Let's get this right.  No sane person should bash Ells for moving on or taking the easy money.  No way we were going to be able to keep him when the Yankees still have a huge & open checkbook, willing to grossly overpay to secure competing talent.  This was inevitable.  Sad, but inevitable.  We have two WS championships with Ells' help.  We will always love him for that!!!!!!

Having said all that, it's time to move on!  I'm officially putting him on our enemies list!!!!   like Jeter, he is now simply a very nice kid who I like and respect the hell out of, but I will pray we hurt him bad whenever we face him.  I will root like hell against him every time we play.  I will work up a healthy hatred for him every time we meet.  I will applaud the hell out of him whenever we meet at games.  Stand & chear for him!  Get hisautograph again whenever possible...... but then I will silently PRAY THAT HE FALLS FLAT ON HIS FACE AT EVERY TURN ON THE FIELD whenever we play.  I will chear like hell whenever he goes down swinging & curse his every success.  I will work up a boarderline hatred.

Not because he left!  Just because he is playing for the enemy.  Btw....   I love having this enemy!!!!!!   How much fun is a Celtics - Lakers game these days?  I want greatness from both teams, but for the Sox to be just a bit better.

Sorry!  But let the Ells HATING begin!   The gloves are OFF!   Time for some good old fashioned hating!  It's inherently good!  It's cathartic!  It's fun!  It's interesting!  Most importantly......  it's the only right thing to do!!!!!   Stand up to the hater haters!  I hate them!  There.....   how 'bout them apples?!?!?    Quid pro quo!!   Carpe diem!

lol RSDD.  let it flow brother, let it flow.

the Hate is strong with this one

He will join us or die, my master.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Ellsbury is a Yankee.

I hope he fails a lot more often than just against the Sox.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Maybe not the media that much, but posters on this site love to bash ex-Sox players like...

Iggy

Reddick

Melancon

Masterson

VMart

AGon

Salty

Drew

Damon

J Bay

I think Pedro & Beltre might be the only 2 guys not bashed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

lol RSDD.  let it flow brother, let it flow.

the Hate is strong with this one

He will join us or die, my master.

LOL

Who's your daddy ;)

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Maybe not the media that much, but posters on this site love to bash ex-Sox players like...

Iggy

Reddick

Melancon

Masterson

VMart

AGon

Salty

Drew

Damon

J Bay

Are those guys bashed (if indeed they are) because they left the Sox, though, or for various other reasons? People bash our own players regularly. Anyone named "Drew" is pretty much guaranteed abuse no matter the circumstances.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Iggy

Reddick

Melancon

Masterson

VMart

AGon

Salty

Drew

Damon

J Bay

I don't know about this Moon.  I mean, most on this list are guys that, yes, have been criticized.  But the criticism is not in a vacuum.  It is usually in the context of debate.  Example:  One poster, clearly with the agenda to criticize Red Sox management, posts an over-the-top, adoring praise of, say, Josh Reddick.  Another poster then counters that with an equally over-the-top actually-Reddick-is-bad post.  Is this bashing?  It just seems to me like polarized, un-nuanced debate.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts