Bats will heat up with the warm weather!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Yeh!  I guess we forgot that the other team's bats will heat up too.

CLEARLY MORE THAN OURS!

I just don't know about this team of ours anymore.  With so many VERY SUB .270 hitters, with little prospect of hitting above that.....

I.e.  Middy, JBJ, Sizemore,  the AJ / Ross combo, & perhaps even XB

the interminably oft injured Victorino

Papi beginning to show his age (notably bigger & slower)

And Naps penchant for fast starts, settling into the .260's (but still that big pop potential)

and even Pedey's suspect health.....,

There is the clear and present danger that this team could very easily remain absolutely ANEMIC over thd course of the entire season????

With all the holes in this lineup, we very well may never have enough firepower to get on a roll???

I REALLY HATE TO SAY IT, BUT I'M BECOMING LESS & LESS OPTIMISTIC BY THE DAY.

Yeh, lots of potential there,,,,,,,,   XB, Size, JBJ, Middy,   but there's simply too many questions & uncertainty there to really have ANY expectation that they will do realky well this year.  Certainly, Middy, JBJ, and Sizemore are all complete questionmarks!

Having said all that..........

I'm strangely ok with it, as I really want to know how these guys are going to do in the long haul.  My biggest questionmarks are also my biggest interests.  I really want to know if Middy can ever anchor that big swing with some consistency.  Can JBJ develope some consistency at the plate to back up his great D.  Could Size actually make an improbable comeback?  Will XB improve enough in the field to become our mainstay SS?

I've still pinned my hopes on THIS YEAR, but I'm not even going to sell my 10 speed to bet on it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Bats will heat up with the warm weather!

Zero CONSISTENT big pop threat on this team, other than Naps & Papi.

This could be a very different team than we have become used to over the past 13 years.  It wil, very likely stay far less high octane through 2014......  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

CLEARLY MORE THAN OURS!

I just don't know about this team of ours anymore.  With so many VERY SUB .270 hitters, with little prospect of hitting above that.....

And Naps penchant for fast starts, settling into the .260's (but still that big pop potential)

There is the clear and present danger that this team could very easily remain absolutely ANEMIC over thd course of the entire season????

With all the holes in this lineup, we very well may never have enough firepower to get on a roll???

Yeh, lots of potential there,,,,,,,,   XB, Size, JBJ, Middy,   but there's simply too many questions & uncertainty there to really have ANY expectation that they will do realky well this year.  Certainly, Middy, JBJ, and Sizemore are all complete questionmarks!

I'm strangely ok with it, as I really want to know how these guys are going to do in the long haul.  My biggest questionmarks are also my biggest interests.  I really want to know if Middy can ever anchor that big swing with some consistency.  Can JBJ develope some consistency at the plate to back up his great D.  Could Size actually make an improbable comeback?  Will XB improve enough in the field to become our mainstay SS?

I've still pinned my hopes on THIS YEAR, but I'm not even going to sell my 10 speed to bet on it!

I agree with your question marks; however, you neglected one big question mark, Buchholz. Between him and Doubie  the starting staff looks pretty shaky. It's early, but this just doesn't look like a very good team. The SOX passed on putting up money, so these are the cards they're left holding.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

.500 team

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:

CLEARLY MORE THAN OURS!

I agree with your question marks; however, you neglected one big question mark, Buchholz. Between him and Doubie  the starting staff looks pretty shaky. It's early, but this just doesn't look like a very good team. The SOX passed on putting up money, so these are the cards they're left holding.

Just deeling with the DEAD/ LIFELESS BATS is enough for one thread. ; (

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I agree with your question marks; however, you neglected one big question mark, Buchholz. Between him and Doubie the starting staff looks pretty shaky. It's early, but this just doesn't look like a very good team. The SOX passed on putting up money, so these are the cards they're left holding.

Can't say as I blame them for passing on Tanaka, given what he was paid. There are lots of very good pitching prospects who will help the team in a couple of years, more than likely. Buchholz now sports an ERA over six and Doubront just over 5. One of those two has to go if they do not improve; we cannot afford two #5 SP on the team. The pitching, overall, has not been the major problem: its the offense, mostly Middlebrooks and Bradley. Just cannot afford them in the lineup every day any more.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Oh crap.......  I'm creating white noise

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Oh crap.......  I'm creating white noise

And the SOX are creating complete silence.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

doesn't get any warmer than Arlington, Texas

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

THIS SAYING IS NO LONGER AXIOMATIC FOR THIS Red Sox lineup!

I'm not so sure the warm weather can help the inability to take a decent cut at mlb big league pitching.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Too many holes in this lineup!   

Middy may soon be wishing he had stuck with football.  Are we chasing another mirage?  Is this kid the latest Willy Mo Pena?

As for JBJ?  At least the kid can play D!  With this lineup though, at least he won't be stuck with the tag, "rally killer."  NO RALLIES TO KILL.  That may be his saving grace?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Sometimes you actually have to tip your cap to the opposing pitcher.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

We can burn the bats for heat.  At least that way they have a use.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

CLEARLY MORE THAN OURS!

Ive been called Donnie downer but now my thoughts of this years teams is becoming reality.... Was I the only one seeing this coming? All you guys who say once the warm weather get here ? Well it was really nice weather in Florida and sox just continue to show the same since day 1 of spring training.Change has to come soon in player movement  or we continue poor hitting and spotty pitching.Hope were not stuck with this all weather team.Looks like we could be washed up and that's not from the rain.......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Do you think someday people will stop making ridiculous, demonstrably untrue comments about "bats heating up in the warm weather"?  To wit, 2013 AL OPS by month:

• March/April:  .733

• May:  .737

• June:  .717

• July:  .713

• August:  .729

• September:  .717

Check any year, the difference is tiny in every case and not even always positive!  It's simply not true, it's just the all-too-common conventional wisdom nonsense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

No doubt Darvish gave a great performance last night...but we've been hearing from our clutch hitters that the when the weather heats up then the bats will heat up. Well...it's hot down in Texas..so what happened? I guess we can hope those bats come alive tonight.

No one expects a repeat of last season....as I said before the chemistry does not seem to be there for that...but is it too much to ask for .500?

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

Do you think someday people will stop making ridiculous, demonstrably untrue comments about "bats heating up in the warm weather"?  To wit, 2013 AL OPS by month:

• March/April:  .733

• May:  .737

• June:  .717

• July:  .713

• August:  .729

• September:  .717

Check any year, the difference is tiny in every case and not even always positive!  It's simply not true, it's just the all-too-common conventional wisdom nonsense.

Sonics...the statement about the bats heating up when the weather heats up..is a direct quote from Ortiz.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

See!  That's all we're asking for!!  Just hit the freeakin ball!!!  Now how hard was that?

Back off the ledge. ;)  I think we're about to make a huge run here!  Can't ya just feel it?  ;)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Bats will always be cold when your facing darvish, it's not rocket science. Why would you expect any team to slug a g against one of the best pitchers in baseball? It defys logic. You can cry all youwant but you sound as competent as Bill.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

LOL

I guess some aren't familiar with satire?   "Stop whining!  Nothing to see here folks.......  We've actually been bashing the hell out of the ball in ST, all through April, & now in May we're positively lighting it up."   Running into Darvish was unfortunate, as his Domination of this otherwie smoking hot lineup was but an aberration!   As last night's game proves beyond a shaddow of a doubt, these Red Sox hitters ARE AND HAVE BEEN on a tear since game one."

Hey!   Sorry I was misunderstood with that last post!  I could not agree more forcefully with the quotes above!  Let's keep this juggernaut rolling!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

12th in runs scored in AL....ouch - cant get worse can it?

As always - 100% correct!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

So what's today's temperature in Arlington, TX?

Someone say 91 degrees ?  Than by golly, this should be a real barn burner.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Signs of life?

Last 7 games.....  Papi & Vic are clearly heating up!  Pedey near his .300 benchmark.  The rest of the team?  SUB .240

LAST 30 games....   Papi, Pedey, Vic, & Naps carrying perhaps the worst cast of bit role actors in this Red Sox play

By shear luck, the Red Sox are hanging in there in this very average ALE division.  Somebody, perhaps the O's is starting to actually heat up, & is poised to run away from this pack of flawed teams, including the Red Sox.  It's a miracle that we are so close.

Sox scoring about 3.8 runs per game average in May.  Not gonna cut it when the average is about 4.2 per team per game.  We can't win with only 4 big league hitters.  That's all we've got right now.

Come on boys!  Girdle up!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Any day now!?!??????

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Any day now!?!??????

The spirit of Adrian Gonzalez has come back.  The schedule is too tough.

Sections
Shortcuts