Batting 4th in the line up today....................

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: Batting 4th in the line up today....................

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

So Bill basically started 30 threads about Papi because he missed 15 games this year?

Poll-How many new threads will Billsoft start if Papi goes 0-4 tonight?

Joe, credit where credit is due.... 2 singles for the BIG GUY.......  Howevaa, Almost killed us in the 8th with a routine Double play with no outs and a guy on 2nd...... NAVA saved our bacon......  J F better get use to the loss of the extra outs that we have enjoyed early in the season because it is quite evident that PAPI is a liability on the bases (just running to 1st)..............

Ortiz has always been slow as molasses on the basepaths. A step slower now is not going to matter. I believe he is here to stay, and that you will have egg on your face again in a month when he has proven himself, but I am also reserving my final verdict on his heel until mid May.

Agree.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

So Bill basically started 30 threads about Papi because he missed 15 games this year?

Joe, credit where credit is due.... 2 singles for the BIG GUY.......  Howevaa, Almost killed us in the 8th with a routine Double play with no outs and a guy on 2nd...... NAVA saved our bacon......  J F better get use to the loss of the extra outs that we have enjoyed early in the season because it is quite evident that PAPI is a liability on the bases (just running to 1st)..............

Ortiz has always been slow as molasses on the basepaths. A step slower now is not going to matter. I believe he is here to stay, and that you will have egg on your face again in a month when he has proven himself, but I am also reserving my final verdict on his heel until mid May.

That's just Bill wanting to complain and draw attention to himself.  Papi is not much different than most power hitters.  Guys like Papi, Fielder, Konerko, Butler, etc., are paid to hit the ball.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I thought "Papi was all done"...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

It's too bad Bill doesn't understand that speed has nothing to do with hitting into double plays for nearly all double plays. You hit a ground ball with a guy on 1B, most of the time, it's a DP. Ortiz grounded into six double plays last year in 93 games. That put him on a pace for about 10 or 11 for the entire season. Does Bill really think that he was that much faster last year that he was able to beat out the throw on a double-play ball?

Bradley hit into one double play in the 12 games he played, which is a pace for 15 for a 160 games and would have easily led the team last year.

Gee bill, how does Bradley hit into a double play if speed is the answer to prevent that?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Bill and using facts should never be in the same sentence. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I thought "Papi was all done"...

Ortiz comes back and gets a couple of hits, and Bill moves the goalposts.  He's been learning from softy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

That's just Bill wanting to complain and draw attention to himself.  Papi is not much different than most power hitters.  Guys like Papi, Fielder, Konerko, Butler, etc., are paid to hit the ball.

I am not concerned at all about Ortiz's lack of speed on the basepaths. However, there is still some concern about his heel. Less than a week ago he was scratched from a game due to heel pain. I figure if he can make it a month then he should be well enough to make it the rest of the season as long as a different injury does not occur. And if he is in the lineup there is no cogent reason to believe he is not going to be productive.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I am not concerned at all about Ortiz's lack of speed on the basepaths. However, there is still some concern about his heel. Less than a week ago he was scratched from a game due to heel pain. I figure if he can make it a month then he should be well enough to make it the rest of the season as long as a different injury does not occur. And if he is in the lineup there is no cogent reason to believe he is not going to be productive.

I'm hoping that the heal pain was just soreness, the type you get when you start working out more. That seemed to be the case when he was shut down in the spring. It wasn't the Achilles that was acting up. It seemed like because of the layoff because of the Achilles that when he amped up the workouts, the heals got sore from the increased workouts.

So while I'm guarded about his health, I'm also optimistic.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

I'm hoping that the heal pain was just soreness, the type you get when you start working out more. That seemed to be the case when he was shut down in the spring. It wasn't the Achilles that was acting up. It seemed like because of the layoff because of the Achilles that when he amped up the workouts, the heals got sore from the increased workouts.

When I start working out again after being away from it for a while my muscles get sore. There are no muscles in the heel. I am also optimistic about this; I think he is here to stay, though I believe he is probably playing in some pain right now. From what I hear the Achilles thing is resolved; the heel problem is what was keeping him out until now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

When I start working out again after being away from it for a while my muscles get sore. There are no muscles in the heel. I am also optimistic about this; I think he is here to stay, though I believe he is probably playing in some pain right now. From what I hear the Achilles thing is resolved; the heel problem is what was keeping him out until now.

Of course no muscles, but the same theory. He didn't do any running or strenuous activity with feet because of the Achilles' so I can see the any part of the foot -- heels, ankle, soles of foot or whatever -- being "sore" or however you want to describe it from lack of use.

What is a bit disconcerting is the use of pain instead of soreness. Hopefully, the pain is "soreness" because the word "pain" does raise a bit of a red flag.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I hurt my heel playing B-ball against my nephew, without warming up.  It hurt for 2 years, though maybe I should've gotten medical treatment for it.  Still, once it healed, it healed.  I guess maybe I'm a little more careful about it, but it hasn't given me any trouble at all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to NerdatMIT's comment:

What the forum would like to know is:

Why were you permantly banned over at  talksox.com?

The truth Pike: I am not banned. I am posting over there whenever I want to.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

Ortiz tells it as it is!

"This is our f@x!ing city! No one's going to take our freedom!"

I didn't see the beginning of the game..but my phone when he said that my phone was lighting up with texts from friends and family who were dying to tell me about it..lol

15. This post has been removed.