Batting order with Ortiz back

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Batting order with Ortiz back

I love Victorino at #2

I would like to see Ellsbury 3, followed by Napoli 4 and Ortiz 5. 

No problem with Pedroia lead off. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Batting order with Ortiz back

In response to rkarp's comment:

I love Victorino at #2

too early to mix it up. not to mention it doesn't warrant it. 1-3 is doing great the way they are. just slot Papi at cleanup and move everyone down one. simple. if it ain't broke don't fix it.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

I love Victorino at #2

too early to mix it up. not to mention it doesn't warrant it. 1-3 is doing great the way they are. just slot Papi at cleanup and move everyone down one. simple. if it ain't broke don't fix it.....

Don't see Papi at 4 right away. Will need some time to find his rhythm. WM needs to slide down and make adjustments as well. 

Ells starting to heat up, but not on base enough. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

I love Victorino at #2

Don't see Papi at 4 right away. Will need some time to find his rhythm. WM needs to slide down and make adjustments as well. 

Ells starting to heat up, but not on base enough. 

By putting Papi at 4 WMB WILL slide down.....

Ells is getting on base enough, and benefiting from ShaVic batting behind him. he's got the speed to wreak havok on the bases while Shane fake bunts, hits and double steals.

It's working, don't mess with it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I like Napoli in the number 4 spot. I'd like to see him stay there for the next couple of games..but I doubt that will happen.  That said..I like Ortiz at 4, Napoli at 5. Like an earlier poster stated..Pedroia, Victorino, Ells, Ortiz, Napoli...that's a nice lineup!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

Tonight I think Farrell will stay with the first three, insert Ortiz at #4, then Napoli, then Nava, then Middlebrooks, Salty/Ross, and Drew 9th.  Ross might start against a righty because Salty has not hit this guy at all plus he will be a little tired from the travel.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I love Victorino at #2

I agree.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I love Victorino at #2

Agreed

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Shane has had problems vs RHPs over his career. I'm not sure he can sustain a high eough OBP vs righties to warrant being #2 all season long. 

If Nava keeps up his numbers, he may be a nice #2 guy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

This would be my guess.

Versus Righties - Ellsbury, Nava, Pedroia, Papi, Napoli, Middlebrooks, Victorino, Salty, Drew

Versus Lefties - Ellsbury, Victorino, Pedroia, Napoli, Papi, Middlebrooks, Gomes, Ross, Drew.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Shane has had problems vs RHPs over his career. I'm not sure he can sustain a high eough OBP vs righties to warrant being #2 all season long. 

If Nava keeps up his numbers, he may be a nice #2 guy.

I agree that it may not last all year, but so far hes batting about .350 vs. RHP with a just under a .400 OBP. So I imagine until he proves otherwise, he might stay there. so far this year hes hitting everyone.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I think Farrell will bat Ortiz 4th tonight only because against a righty he will want to go lefty, lefty, righty, lefty, righty, lefty (Nava), righty (Middlebrooks), lefty or righty (Salty or Ross), lefty (Drew).  I would have no problem with batting Ortiz 5th. 

The big question of course is whether Ortiz has his timing, which seems unlikely despite last night's dinger.

Pedroia has not really hit well with men on base, but overall he is the best choice to bat 3d and keep Ellsbury at leadoff and Victorino at #2. 

Nava just might have a lock on LF because of his hitting and defense.  It is not all bad that Carp and Gomes are simply available, ditto Ciriaco.   

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

I love Victorino at #2

great to have ortiz back. that being said, isn't putting him in the line-up kind of 'fixing it?'

you didnt see his rehab in Pawtucket I take it? Its going to take about 40-50 AB's for him to settle in and get comfortable

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

At this critical point, after about 15 games, very important to make roster and lineup changes to reflect that critical sample size.

Clown.

Ellsbury's OBP is terrible for a leadoff hitter, so they should move him to the #9 slot. S. Drew should be DFA and put on the waiver wire to see if a trade can be worked out or, if he doesn't clear and no trade can be worked out and he can't be sent back to the minors to work on the hole in his swing until he's ready, pull him back off and put him in a bench role and start Ciriaco who offers better speed and better range.

Drew can't be traded until mid-June, clown.

Ortiz should start in the 3 spot, until he get about an 11 or 12 game sample.

You wanted him sent to the minors years ago and cut loose this winter with your lowball suggested offer.

Dan Nava should bat clenaup, as he is "raking".

Sarcasm is not your strong suit, but then again, nothing is, except maybe misrepresentation and propaganda.

Shane should lead off, and Pedroia should go to the #2 slot where he's comfortable.

Pedey  hits better in the 4 hole- wrong again, clown.

Napoli should bat 5th.

You're so smart!

Middlebrooks should bat 8th.

He's your man.

Gomes should pinch hit for Ellsbury, if the teams needs baserunners and is behind late in the game, because it's been boasted on this site that Gomes' OBP is good and very important.

I must admit, when you are being saarcastic, you are closer to the truth than otherwise.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I love Victorino at #2

great to have ortiz back. that being said, isn't putting him in the line-up kind of 'fixing it?'

you didnt see his rehab in Pawtucket I take it? Its going to take about 40-50 AB's for him to settle in and get comfortable

I agree it might take awhile but we havent been getting any production from the DH spot anyway(other than when Nava has DHed and hsi bat will move to left anyway.....so anything Papi gives us will be a help

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Once there was a time softy said runs scored is the only stat that mattered for a lead off hitter. Soon after he changed his tune, but anyways, Jacoby is on a 162 game pace for 140 runs and 75 SBs, 74 XBHs, and  0 CS.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:

I love Victorino at #2

I agree it might take awhile but we havent been getting any production from the DH spot anyway(other than when Nava has DHed and hsi bat will move to left anyway.....so anything Papi gives us will be a help

we havent been getting the production from the DH spot, but the DH also has not been sitting in the #4 hole.

Sections
Shortcuts