Batting Order

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from angeroo. Show angeroo's posts

Batting Order

I gotta say I like Pedey in the 3 hole followed by Gonzo and Papi.  I thought Tito should have done this last year and put CC in the 2 hole.  BV may be getting everybody used to this so he can put Crawford in the 2 hole when he's ready.  Traditionally teams want their best hitter batting 3rd so he hits in the first inning.  I think Gonzo is probably our best hitter but Pedey is not far behind.  And when the order goes Ells, CC, Pedey and Gonzo, I think he'll be at the plate in the first inning more often than not.  Thoughts?? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Re: Batting Order

In Response to Batting Order:
    [QUOTE]I gotta say I like Pedey in the 3 hole followed by Gonzo and Papi.  I thought Tito should have done this last year and put CC in the 2 hole.  BV may be getting everybody used to this so he can put Crawford in the 2 hole when he's ready.  Traditionally teams want their best hitter batting 3rd so he hits in the first inning.  I think Gonzo is probably our best hitter but Pedey is not far behind.  And when the order goes Ells, CC, Pedey and Gonzo, I think he'll be at the plate in the first inning more often than not.  Thoughts?? 
    Posted by angeroo[/QUOTE]

Crawford is best suited for the 2 hole. I never undestood why Francona last year didnt put crawford in that spot and just leave him there Pedey is good batting anywhere, When you have a new guy, making a big adjustment from a small market team and having the pressure of a huge contract you put him in situations that are familiar.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Batting Order:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Batting Order :   Crawford is best suited for the 2 hole. I never undestood why Francona last year didnt put crawford in that spotPosted by xXR3S1NXx[/QUOTE]

Because he couldn't hit his way out of a paper bag.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Batting Order : Because he couldn't hit his way out of a paper bag.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there is THAT! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Actually, the more I think about it, the better I like Crawford 9th. That way you keep him and Ells together and his low OBP doesn't kill us at the top of the order.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from angeroo. Show angeroo's posts

Actually, the more I think about it, the better I like Crawford 9th. That way you keep him and Ells together and his low OBP doesn't kill us at the top of the order.

Don't know about that.  20 mil for a nine hitter is a waste.  Assuming he reverts somewhere close to his old self, he's gotta be a top of the order guy.  I like Aviles in the nine hole.  Kinda reminds me of Billy Meuller down there.  And we all know howe that worked out. 
    Now if he continues to, for lack of a better word, suck, well.. all bets are off and he's our 20mil a year mistake in the bottem of the order.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bretb27. Show bretb27's posts

I love the order of the lineup.  I've always said Aviles was a great player.  Last year he hit a homerun that went THROUGH the Sports Authority sign, that's what I call pop!  Sweeney is a tough out and has been doing great anywhere in the lineup.  We've been scoring runs at a great clip; pedey, agon, ortiz, youk is probably the toughest 3-6 guys in the game right now.  If you we can get any production from our catchers (which we have) and CF (until ells gets back) (byrd looks happy and productive) than we are going to be a monster of a team.  Say what you want about the pitching, but as the weather heats up so will our rotation.. the bullpen on the other hand, we'll have to wait and see.  The Crawford signing was an absolute bust and honestly, I think we're a better team without Ells leading off. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Assuming Crawford ever actually comes back, I think using Ells, CC 1-2 against RHP is a good idea. 

Against LHP, maybe get Aviles up in the line-up. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Assuming Crawford ever actually comes back, I think using Ells, CC 1-2 against RHP is a good idea.  Against LHP, maybe get Aviles up in the line-up. 
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]I think Aviles is our SS for the year. Iglesias is making some nice strides in his hitting approach in AAA, but I don't think a full year at Pawtucket would hurt him any.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

You could try

1 Sweeney L
    2 Pedey R
    3 Ortiz L
    4 Gonzalez L
    5 Youk R
    6 Aviles R
    7 Ross R
    8 Salty S
    9 Byrd R

Point is - Sweeney up and Aviles down based on OBP vs POP..and Ortiz, your best hitter, to the 3-hole.........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from angeroo. Show angeroo's posts

Ortiz is the Sox best POWER hitter.  Gonzo and Pedey are better hitters.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I suggest you check out Ortiz's stats - they can't get him out right now.  I'd rather have Ortiz's AB come up sooner than AGon's....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from angeroo. Show angeroo's posts

Yes, Papi is scalding hot right now.  But that's a small sample size.  Over the course of 162 I'll take Gonzo and Pedey to have better average's.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from angeroo. Show angeroo's posts

And I guess we can take Crawford out of any batting order talk.  Just heard he's out 3 months now... What a roast!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

it still won't stop the "Crawford should bat 2nd" chants!  unbelieveable.

He's batting where he belongs - 10th!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Bat CC 11th or 12th or possibly 9th until he shows he can actually get on base at least once a week. Right now Crawford is suspect. I'd go Ellsworth, Pedroia, Papi (who batted 3d when Manny was here and who is our best hitter by far), AGon, Youk (if he comes around), Aviles, Sweeney, Ross/Anderson, Salty/Shoppach.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to "Re: Batting Order": [QUOTE]In Response to Batting Order :   Crawford is best suited for the 2 hole. I never undestood why Francona last year didnt put crawford in that spot and just leave him there Pedey is good batting anywhere, When you have a new guy, making a big adjustment from a small market team and having the pressure of a huge contract you put him in situations that are familiar. Posted by xXR3S1NXx[/QUOTE] Dead wrong. CC couldn't hit spit last year, but the offense was the best in MLB without him messing things up in the 2 slot.

Sections
Shortcuts