Battle for 1st place Sox @ Yankees -Your Predictions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Tuesday, June 7 Lester vs. Garcia
    Wednesday,  June 8 Wakefield vs. Burnett
    Thursday, June 9 Beckett vs. Sabathia
    My prediction-Sox sweep!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan1967. Show soxfan1967's posts

Re: Battle for 1st place Sox @ Yankees -Your Predictions

2 out of 3 would be nice.  All depends on the 'pen.  Better hope starters can go 7/ CC is due for a clunker so the tough one becomes game 2.  Look for Wake to give up 4 runs in 6 innings which should be enough to keep us close.  I'm going Tuesday so I am really hoping for a Lester gem.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1NEFAN2. Show 1NEFAN2's posts

Love to see a sweep.  Hope that Lester can get stuff together.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

Yankees sweep.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In Response to Re: Battle for 1st place Sox @ Yankees -Your Predictions:
    [QUOTE]Yankees sweep.
    Posted by StatsFromLouie[/QUOTE]

that would be a change of pace. I see the sox winning two out of three and maybe sweeping with those pitching matchups. The beckett and cc game could be very fun to watch though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

2 out of 3 would be fine by me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

The Yankees look tough coming off a 6-3 West Coast road trip. The Red Sox are coming off a 3-3 homestand against two teams with losing records.

Two wins at Yankee Stadium would be an achievement for the Red Sox.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

The Yankees have better hitting and better pitching.  Lester stank it up his last two outings.  Wake is a big question mark.  Beckett is our best right now, but Sabathia is very good and a lefty.  I still think we can win 2 out of 3 if only because the hitting is coming around and the guys will be rested. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I agree that just winning 2 of 3 would be a great achievement. I don't see the Sox sweeping this series. Lester may or may not be over his swoon, Wakefield you never know what you're going to get, and CC (probably) on Thurs.,  and we've already beaten him twice. He's gonna be loaded for bear. If the Yankees win Tuesday, the Sox could be in trouble. Gotta get at least one here, getting swept is what the Sox can't let happen. My prediction: Yankees win 2 of 3. Sorry guys, I hate the Yankees as much as anyone, but.....I don't know, I feel like the Sox seem set up for a fall for some reason. We'll see what happenes. If I'm wrong I'll start a thread called "throw cyber-pies at examiner" so you can all tell me about it. (Hope I have the pleasure of starting that thread.)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I would be satisfied to win one and avoid being swept. Winning two of three would be great. The key is to take the first game. The Yankees are playing very well right now. Do not have any faith in Wakefield beating Burnett. That is a real long shot. Seriously, it is unreal how some Sox fans still believe in Wake. Sometimes, it is very hard to face reality. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

The write-up on Lester's last started suggested he has fallen in love with his cut fastball and using it too much.  One thing's for sure is that he hates throwing his changeup, and I think that is fatal for a lefty.  That sounds crazy given his last 2-3 seasons, but I still think I'm right.  I still think winning 2 of 3 is doable.  If Lester wins Tuesday, a sweep is possible. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

I'm really torn between 2-1 us or 2-1 them. I love Wake but the Yankees always have his number so I foresee us losing that game, normally I'd immediately give Lester vs Garcia to us, but Lester has been inconsistent as of later.

But because I love my Sox I'll say we take 2 out of the 3 and leave in a tie for first.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Well since everyone else is basing their predictions off starting pitching, I have to say the Sox have done a good job to get runs later in the game and finish games off(except for that horrid White Sox series). However the Yanks pitching has been very good and their pen haven't been giving up many leads lately. 

The way A-Gon, Ortiz and Crawford have been hitting I think this team has a chance to put up as many runs as the Yanks. I think guys like Pedroia and Lester will step it up for this series and the Sox will go 2-1. Although I will be happy as long as the Sox don't get swept.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Yanks take 2

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

i predict each game will be over 3.5 hours long.
    i also predict that if the SOX don't score at least 7 runs in each of the first two games, they will lose.
    the 3rd game should be low scoring with the YANK-EMS winning 3-2.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdaytona. Show jimdaytona's posts

[QUOTE]The Yankees have better hitting and better pitching.  Lester stank it up his last two outings.  Wake is a big question mark.  Beckett is our best right now, but Sabathia is very good and a lefty.  I still think we can win 2 out of 3 if only because the hitting is coming around and the guys will be rested. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

Pitching is slightly better and the hitting is even.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

not a prediction, but i feel this time the Yanks will take 2 of three...they will win games 2 and 3

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Sox, two out of three, in no particular order.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]2 out of 3 would be nice.  All depends on the 'pen.  Better hope starters can go 7/ CC is due for a clunker so the tough one becomes game 2.  Look for Wake to give up 4 runs in 6 innings which should be enough to keep us close.  I'm going Tuesday so I am really hoping for a Lester gem.

Posted by soxfan1967[/QUOTE]

So CC is "due for a clunker" but beckett isn't?

Take off the sawx colored glasses much?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

LOOKING TO TAKE ALL 3 !!! .....   AS DAD WOULD SAY......  "SON, BATS HAVE TO BAT, AND PITCHERS HAVE TO PITCH !!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

"birds have to fly, fish have to swim."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

posted at 6/6/2011 9:09 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=5895f12c26dabc36bb0cb9a667b164bf&plckUserId=5895f12c26dabc36bb0cb9a667b164bf">
    First: 5/30/2008
    Last: 6/6/2011
    Sox, two out of three, in no particular order
    Morning Mike, i only said 2 and 3 because of the Yanks occasional struggle at winning the 1 st game of a series...i'd glady take em where i can get em...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]Battle for 1st place Sox @ Yankees -Your Predictions posted at 6/6/2011 9:09 AM EDT www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=5895f12c26dabc36bb0cb9a667b164bf&plckUserId=5895f12c26dabc36bb0cb9a667b164bf " /> www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=5895f12c26dabc36bb0cb9a667b164bf&plckUserId=5895f12c26dabc36bb0cb9a667b164bf " target="_parent"> MikeNagy Posts: 2744 First: 5/30/2008 Last: 6/6/2011 Sox, two out of three, in no particular order Morning Mike, i only said 2 and 3 because of the Yanks occasional struggle at winning the 1 st game of a series...i'd glady take em where i can get em...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Morning Jete,

The only thing for sure when these two teams play is that the games will be long.

Looks like you are having trouble with your reply button too. If I hit refresh 10 or 15 times mine with come back for one post.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

lest i forget...one bright spot....NO ESPN!!!...Tongue out

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]Well since everyone else is basing their predictions off starting pitching, I have to say the Sox have done a good job to get runs later in the game and finish games off(except for that horrid White Sox series). However the Yanks pitching has been very good and their pen haven't been giving up many leads lately.  The way A-Gon, Ortiz and Crawford have been hitting I think this team has a chance to put up as many runs as the Yanks. I think guys like Pedroia and Lester will step it up for this series and the Sox will go 2-1. Although I will be happy as long as the Sox don't get swept.
    Posted by freediro[/QUOTE]
    I'm basing things off SP because our hitting is pretty much even, both lineups rake, and both 'pens have been shown to be able to do well, or suck.