Battle of the BPs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Battle of the BPs

When the smoke cleared, we were on the short end of a 9-6 loss. The indians BP shut us down, while ours failed with Bard going to the well once to often. Prior to that, Lackey foolishly kept trying to pitch inside to AC, and then to Hafner (although he missed location on that one). He also let a sub .200 hitter get three hits of him, one a HR.
    Our defense was not the best and some base-running mistakes cost us.
    What concerns me somewhat is Papi's recent struggles; 2 for his last 25.
    I thought Aviles looked good a SS, and if he can get the bat going, could be the answer at SS.
    Cleveland is a determined ballclub right now and the Sox need to bring their A-game to take this series.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Re: Battle of the BPs

regarding the H.R. that Bard gave up, a smart fan reaches out and interferes with the ball before it drills you in the knee!!! why are the dumbest fans always in the front row reaching for balls they shouldnt and not reaching out for the ones they should

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Thank you for unbiased and meaningful insight Jeffrey Maher

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The--Babe---------. Show -The--Babe---------'s posts

In Response to Re: Battle of the BPs:
    Thank you for unbiased and meaningful insight Jeffrey Maher

Posted by andrewmitch

What does an ophthalmologist have to do with this? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

I'll take a look at our effort this series when it is over. Yesterday Bard didn't shut them down. If he did, we won. That could just be a long season where a reliable guy just couldn't be reliable. 2 more games left.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

In Response to Battle of the BPs:
    When the smoke cleared, we were on the short end of a 9-6 loss. The indians BP shut us down, while ours failed with Bard going to the well once to often. Prior to that, Lackey foolishly kept trying to pitch inside to AC, and then to Hafner (although he missed location on that one). He also let a sub .200 hitter get three hits of him, one a HR. Our defense was not the best and some base-running mistakes cost us. What concerns me somewhat is Papi's recent struggles; 2 for his last 25. I thought Aviles looked good a SS, and if he can get the bat going, could be the answer at SS. Cleveland is a determined ballclub right now and the Sox need to bring their A-game to take this series.
    Posted by Alibiike

are you implying that SLACKEY is not a good pitcher?
    how dare you alibiike; theo gave him 86 million dollars; what? do you think theo just throws away good money on bad players? never happen!

the above message was approved by the TBA---THEO BOOT-LICKERS ASSOC.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I'll take a look at our effort this series when it is over. Yesterday Bard didn't shut them down. If he did, we won. That could just be a long season where a reliable guy just couldn't be reliable. 2 more games left.
    Posted by NUSoxFan

3 more games left

It was a bad pitch selection to AC......the pitch was directly in his wheel house......The proper pitch, based on his swing prior (a fastball that he was way out in front on) would have been a change-up AWAY (and low of course) or a fastball (up and in).......That slider or slurve wasn't too fast and wasn't too slow  (it was just right) and it broke down and in and right into his sweet spot.  I hope Salty and Bard learn their lesson from that AB.........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In Response to Battle of the BPs:
    When the smoke cleared, we were on the short end of a 9-6 loss. The indians BP shut us down, while ours failed with Bard going to the well once to often. Prior to that, Lackey foolishly kept trying to pitch inside to AC, and then to Hafner (although he missed location on that one). He also let a sub .200 hitter get three hits of him, one a HR. Our defense was not the best and some base-running mistakes cost us. What concerns me somewhat is Papi's recent struggles; 2 for his last 25. I thought Aviles looked good a SS, and if he can get the bat going, could be the answer at SS. Cleveland is a determined ballclub right now and the Sox need to bring their A-game to take this series.
    Posted by Alibiike

Our BP did not get the job done last night, but they have been pitching very well for the most part, so I can't complain about them.  Bard was due to give up some runs sooner or later.

Lackey needs to pitch better than he did last night, but he did not pitch as badly as his pitching line indicates.  He was the victim of some questionable defense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

In Response to Battle of the BPs : Our BP did not get the job done last night, but they have been pitching very well for the most part, so I can't complain about them.  Bard was due to give up some runs sooner or later. Lackey needs to pitch better than he did last night, but he did not pitch as badly as his pitching line indicates.  He was the victim of some questionable defense.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi

REDSOXKIMMI,

you one funny poster.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Battle of the BPs : are you implying that SLACKEY is not a good pitcher? how dare you alibiike; theo gave him 86 million dollars; what? do you think theo just throws away good money on bad players? never happen! the above message was approved by the TBA---THEO BOOT-LICKERS ASSOC.
    Posted by the___yazzer

Just to help with a little perspective.  Many of us who refute your juvenile, one-note attacks do not do so out of any desire to lick the always-polished boots of Theo Epstein.  It is just because your constant negative yammering and smug judgemental drivel is really annoying to a certain segment of Sox fans, like me, who actually like to root, root root for the home team and support our guys.  Sure, you can try to smash my rose-colored glasses in the schoolyard if you like, but being a Sox fan (if you are) must be as fun as a root canal for you.  That's sad.  I cannot imagine how you survived before this totaaly awesome era of Sox ball.  I can only assume you are a post-04 bandwagon jumper, or maybe just too young to remember when times were actually hard for Sox fans.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

In Response to Re: Battle of the BPs : Just to help with a little perspective.  Many of us who refute your juvenile, one-note attacks do not do so out of any desire to lick the always-polished boots of Theo Epstein.  It is just because your constant negative yammering and smug judgemental drivel is really annoying to a certain segment of Sox fans, like me, who actually like to root, root root for the home team and support our guys.  Sure, you can try to smash my rose-colored glasses in the schoolyard if you like, but being a Sox fan (if you are) must be as fun as a root canal for you.  That's sad.  I cannot imagine how you survived before this totaaly awesome era of Sox ball.  I can only assume you are a post-04 bandwagon jumper, or maybe just too young to remember when times were actually hard for Sox fans.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

here's some more bad news for you space cadet; by friday the SOX will no longer be in 1st place.
    don't hate the messenger; hate the GM.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Battle of the BPs : here's some more bad news for you space cadet; by friday the SOX will no longer be in 1st place. don't hate the messenger; hate the GM.
    Posted by the___yazzer

whatever floats your boat kiddo.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Bard's outing was a disappointment but he's been great for the past couple of months. I know that he was the logical one to bring in in the 8th but I wondered how Morales would have done with all those left handed bats coming up. Perhaps we'll find out today. Bringing in Randy Williams seemed like running up the white flag to me. I just don't see that he brings anything at all to the table.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

The only thing Randy Williams does is keep Okajima in Pawtucket as punishment for asking to be traded.

Andrew had an excellent post.  Bad pitch selection and location.  It happens.  The fact that it took 26+ innings to happen makes it hurt that much more, but the Sox have had their troubles with Cleveland, despite being the better team.

BTW, yazzer, put your money (figurative) where you mouth is.  Promise that if the Yankees are still in second place come Monday (after you bold prediction),that you will leave thisw forum and refrain from posting until they DO actually take over first.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Lackey's back-to-back HRs had nothing to do with the Sox' defense. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The only thing Randy Williams does is keep Okajima in Pawtucket as punishment for asking to be traded. Andrew had an excellent post.  Bad pitch selection and location.  It happens.  The fact that it took 26+ innings to happen makes it hurt that much more, but the Sox have had their troubles with Cleveland, despite being the better team. BTW, yazzer, put your money (figurative) where you mouth is.  Promise that if the Yankees are still in second place come Monday (after you bold prediction),that you will leave thisw forum and refrain from posting until they DO actually take over first.
    Posted by parhunter1

thanks...I think more clearly when Drew isn't on the active roster...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Nice job by Morales last night.

Sections
Shortcuts