B,B,B & H--9 hits, 1 run

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

B,B,B & H--9 hits, 1 run

If you don't know who B,B,B and H are, you've been asleep. Bogaerts, Bradley, Betts and Holt (not sure if that sounds like a defunct railroad or a Wall Street law firm) have pretty much taken over the Red Sox, and are just waiting for Farrell to sit Ross and make that B,B,B,H and V.

Anyway, when 4 guys get 9 hits between them and one puny run is scored, it might be time to do something about it. Gomes and Ross are sore spots, Yes, Ross is valuable re/Lester, but the kid catcher (V) looks to me like he could catch a double header and not work up a sweat.

Saturday's game was lost when the line up card was presented to the umpire.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: B,B,B & H--9 hits, 1 run

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

If you don't know who B,B,B and H are, you've been asleep. Bogaerts, Bradley, Betts and Holt (not sure if that sounds like a defunct railroad or a Wall Street law firm) have pretty much taken over the Red Sox, and are just waiting for Farrell to sit Ross and make that B,B,B,H and V.

Anyway, when 4 guys get 9 hits between them and one puny run is scored, it might be time to do something about it. Gomes and Ross are sore spots, Yes, Ross is valuable re/Lester, but the kid catcher (V) looks to me like he could catch a double header and not work up a sweat.

Not to mention the bases loaded  D P by the great "BIG PAPI".....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

1-Gomes is not a sore spot, he should just never face righties.  Ideally you trade him when Vic is ready.

2-Ross is necessary because you always need someone to catch 30+ games, and we need someone to tutor Vazquez and to take up bad R/R matchups,

Just remember, while he looks like a Molina right now, there is a decent chance that he will hit between .200-.225 this year.  To be honest, I'd be pretty pleased with a .225 this year.

But sooner or later, we will see threads about him not being ready.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I dunno, I think the GIDP's by Papi and Pedey had something to do with it too. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The young guys definitely add energy and athleticism to the lineup. The problem all year has been the lack of power, speed and clutch hitting. Losing a lot of close games.

Stabbed by Foulke.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

9 hits and no RBIs (I'm assuming you're an RBI/run/win guy), funny you forgot that part.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

1-Gomes is not a sore spot, he should just never face righties.  Ideally you trade him when Vic is ready.

2-Ross is necessary because you always need someone to catch 30+ games, and we need someone to tutor Vazquez and to take up bad R/R matchups,

Just remember, while he looks like a Molina right now, there is a decent chance that he will hit between .200-.225 this year.  To be honest, I'd be pretty pleased with a .225 this year.

But sooner or later, we will see threads about him not being ready.

I would never root against any Red Sox player, but if it does happen I will laugh and laugh.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

9 hits and no RBIs (I'm assuming you're an RBI/run/win guy), funny you forgot that part.

Hard to get an RBI when you're already on base.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

I dunno, I think the GIDP's by Papi and Pedey had something to do with it too. 

You wanna compare Papi with Gpmes? Try this on for size (last 10 games)

Gomes: 6 for 28, 3 RBI, 1 BB, 11 K's

Ortiz: 12 for 37, 10 RBI, 7 BB, 1 K

C'mon, man!!!  And that's hitting against left and right, for Papi!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

They are doing great, but Drew is in the lineup today.

Sections
Shortcuts