BDC and Softlaw and Georom

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: BDC and Softlaw and Georom

In response to LR3683paw's comment:

Why doesn't Softlaw ever get banned anymore and others get banned for no reason at all. What are the criteria for getting banned? Dottie has recently said that posters are not verified by email address and that banning by IP address is not going to be done. So this opens it up to everyone. J-Bay was wrong and rang up a false alarm six months ago. The forum will need to police itself and Softlaw and Georom appear to be untouchable, have a teflon finish, and are preferred by the majority despite being obvious pretenders, liars, irritants, and trolls. What goes here?

Softy's been banned quite a few times under other names, but lately he's keeping things RELATIVELY TAME??

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i should be banned because?????

i dont agree with you?

lol

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

Again, Pike.  Again?  It's simple...read, think, consider...

Geo - Most consider him to be a decent person....a bit annoying perhaps given his contstant contrarian posting, but a valued poster and by no means witless.

Softy - Most consider him to be a total jerk....troll or joke contrarian, who knows?....but at least he keeps things lively.....though a sense of humour would boost his popularity.  ;-)

Pike - All consider you to be the worst poster here, by far.  Ever.  Do you deny that, or do you disagree with it?

I'd appreciate it, if you didn't speak for me.

Personally, I've seen worse.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Geo - Most consider him to be a decent person....a bit annoying perhaps given his contstant contrarian posting, but a valued poster and by no means witless.

Softy - Most consider him to be a total jerk....troll or joke contrarian, who knows?....but at least he keeps things lively.....though a sense of humour would boost his popularity.  ;-)

Pike - All consider you to be the worst poster here, by far.  Ever.  Do you deny that, or do you disagree with it?

I haven't, but I apologise if I've overstated my case.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

I haven't, but I apologise if I've overstated my case.

Just a bit.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Can't one choose to ignore those they don't care to see?  Sometimes I treat myself to a contrarian's rant on days I am feeling less than.

It's like trying to ignore Family Circus each Sunday, but still looking so I have something to complain about.

I don't read everything here, but once and a while each poster has something significant to offer.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Pike is pretty bad worse than Softy.

GeoRom is mostly harmless. He is just a bit emotional.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

btw

Will the pantywaist liberals who keep on calling for everyone to get banned please shut the hell up!

How 'bout this?  GROW A PAIR!

I can't stand 99.9% of what softy or many others have to say, but I'm so tired of the little girls who can't stand to hear things they don't like scream, "BAN HIM!  My delicate little eyes just can't handle reading things I don't like to see.  Help!  Help!  Please!!!!  Somebody protect me!!!

Where the hell did some of you grow up?  Certainly not Boston!  No FF'nn way!  What a bunch of little girls!

Let's hear the, "he's belittling women," calls!  "He must be banned!"  Help!!!!!

TIME TO MAN UP!  Better!  Just shut the hellll up!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Nobody should be banned for anything I have seen here. (I haven't read every word.)

While I disagree with almost every word softy posts, he should not be banned. He is annoying at times, but he does talk baseball often enough.

The thread starter here and his past personnas are another story all together. His posts that are not cut and pastes are about 90% nonbaseball. His obsession with disecting every poster's motives, team affiliation, or personality is more annoying and perhaps more deserving of censorship than anything short of personal attacks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to rickerd2's comment:

Can't one choose to ignore those they don't care to see?  Sometimes I treat myself to a contrarian's rant on days I am feeling less than.

It's like trying to ignore Family Circus each Sunday, but still looking so I have something to complain about.

I don't read everything here, but once and a while each poster has something significant to offer.

One should, and I'm trying to be more tolerant of some.  I think I am very polite and respectful toward most posters here...I certainly try to be.  I have been/am intolerant of a few posters whose behaviour annoys me...some ultra negative posters, and one really irritating (to me) selfish goofball that dominates the board with his stupid political nonsense.  And I am trying to let it go....with little success so far but I'm trying.  I'm far from perfect myself.

But ultra bigots like Stiffy, 67redsox and a handful of others?  They spout their evil bile, they get it back 10-fold.  I'm actually far more circumspect toward such tosspots here than I am in real life.

Well put!  Nice to see my nickname "stiffy" gain some ground.  I can't stand the guy, but I think the best disinfectant is still SUNSHINE!  This is the best guard against diseased minds!!!

NOT BANNING!  Grow a pair!  Grow a brain!  & make the counter-argument!  If people can't see what a warped mind stiffy has, they are hopeless anyway!  Why ban them?  What the hell good does that do?  The more he says the dumber he sounds.

p.s.  The genesis of the nickname "Stiffy?"  His perseverant focus on demagoguing all things gay.  The boy simply can't stop thinking about it :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

btw

Will the pantywaist liberals who keep on calling for everyone to get banned please shut the hell up!

How 'bout this?  GROW A PAIR!

I can't stand 99.9% of what softy or many others have to say, but I'm so tired of the little girls who can't stand to hear things they don't like scream, "BAN HIM!  My delicate little eyes just can't handle reading things I don't like to see.  Help!  Help!  Please!!!!  Somebody protect me!!!

Where the hell did some of you grow up?  Certainly not Boston!  No FF'nn way!  What a bunch of little girls!

Let's hear the, "he's belittling women," calls!  "He must be banned!"  Help!!!!!

TIME TO MAN UP!  Better!  Just shut the hellll up!

Totally disagree.  I have never, and will never, report someone for insulting me personally here.  I am a big boy, it's only words and it's all on an anonymous forum to boot. But why should bigots be allowed to spew their evil bile publically....and against the rules of the forum? It's offensive to me, it's not allowed here, and the first choice good people have is to do something or do nothing.

Over about 10 years here I've reported someone about 5-6 times.  Every time I've told them publically after I've done it, and I reckon around half the times they've been banned due to me (though that's just a guess).

Are you saying you would accept any behaviour/language here?  That anything goes?  That an ultra Nazi or Klansman could say anything here and that's ok to you?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Well put!  Nice to see my nickname "stiffy" gain some ground.  I can't stand the guy, but I think the best disinfectant is still SUNSHINE!  This is the best guard against diseased minds!!!

NOT BANNING!  Grow a pair!  Grow a brain!  & make the counter-argument!  If people can't see what a warped mind stiffy has, they are hopeless anyway!  Why ban them?  What the hell good does that do?  The more he says the dumber he sounds.

p.s.  The genesis of the nickname "Stiffy?"  His perseverant focus on demagoguing all things gay.  The boy simply can't stop thinking about it :)

I know "Stiffy" is yours (har har)...and I love it (har har).  One can tell Softy hates that nickname because he has never mentioned it.  Perfect!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

p.s.  I started with "WELL PUT."  after that, I went on a rant about whiners.  Not you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

p.s.  sometimes it's hard to tell where my socratic dialogue ends & rants begin.....  :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

NO!  I actually did report stiffy once for some racist & bigoted rhetoric.  The guy is definitely a hateful demagogue!  I was actually agreeing with you.

I simply get tired of the nancy girls, like kimmy, who want every other poster banned.  I just get tired of the little girl whining!

We agree, cool.  I think of this place as a virtual sports bar.   I am far more "rude" to my friends about sports and other nonsense than I would ever be to strangers (that I like and respect) like you, Space, Moon, Snake and most others here....I don't know you well enough to wind you up the way I do my best mates of 40+ years.  I love tormenting my friends (and vice versa) about nonsense....it's a great joy both ways.

But a Softy-like character?    In real life I could easily exclude him from my circle of friends....I could try to have him thrown out of a bar or leave and find another....but here we're stuck with each other.    And he does amuse me.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

NO!  I actually did report stiffy once for some racist & bigoted rhetoric.  The guy is definitely a hateful demagogue!  I was actually agreeing with you.

I simply get tired of the nancy girls, like kimmy, who want every other poster banned.  I just get tired of the little girl whining!

We agree, cool.  I think of this place as a virtual sports bar.   I am far more "rude" to my friends about sports and other nonsense than I would ever be to strangers (that I like and respect) like you, Space, Moon, Snake and most others here....I don't know you well enough to wind you up the way I do my best mates of 40+ years.  I love tormenting my friends (and vice versa) about nonsense....it's a great joy both ways.

But a Softy-like character?    In real life I could easily exclude him from my circle of friends....I could try to have him thrown out of a bar or leave and find another....but here we're stuck with each other.    And he does amuse me.

Truth is, my fiscal conservatism might tend to tick you off.  I particularly revel in blowing stiffy's mind as a SANE conservative Republican.  One who is socially very moderate.  He simply can't handle it.  In his mind, the two are mutually exclusive.  He can't wrap that pea brain of his around someone actually not hating his "buggaboos."  He particulary hates when I say that I have lots of liberal friends.  God forbid one should hang with libs, dems, gays, etc....   :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Truth is, my fiscal conservatism might tend to tick you off.  I particularly revel in blowing stiffy's mind as a SANE conservative Republican.  One who is socially very moderate.  He simply can't handle it.  In his mind, the two are mutually exclusive.  He can't wrap that pea brain of his around someone actually not hating his "buggaboos."  He particulary hates when I say that I have lots of liberal friends.  God forbid one should hang with libs, dems, gays, etc....   :)

Er, absolutely not.  Firstly, mainly, I have no problem with others' views that are expressed reasonably and intelligently.....secondarily, I consider myself to be be fiscally conservative as well.  I just think the Stiffies of the world need to keep their creepy, prurient noses out of other people's genitals.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

What about Pike?

What about Yazzer, Mr.Yazz, BenCheringtom, and probably Babe?

Sections
Shortcuts