BDC and Softlaw and Georom

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: BDC and Softlaw and Georom

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:

I have to confess to enjoying this thread a bit more than I would like to admit....The upstairs-downstairs soap opera themed clique contours of the forum always seem to shift just enough to keep your interest...Will Kimsaysthis be nice or nasty to the shiftless troll...And will she bust their identity-thieving ways and out them as a poster with...OMG...more than one account???  That's riveting stuff....Will pike and moon ever bury the hatchet??  Will pike ever remove the hatchet from his head??? Will softy continue to be relatively mellow, or will he launch into a simultaneously homophobic, racist and misogynist rant.  Will he so unnerve the other more reasonable conservatives that they try to push him over the fiscal cliff? Perhaps most importantly, will any poster manage to be as droll and yet as non-patronizing and non-narcissistic as GPC? Greatness coupled with humility can come in all shapes and sizes, but on this forum...I doubt it....

As Cicero once opined about that "strawdog" conspirator Catiline: "O tempora, O mores!!!"  Or Dickens himself: "It was the best of forums, it was the worst of forums...."  

Bottom line: Downton Abbey, and its bored aristocrats, and even more boring servants, has nothing on the BDC forum...This is television the way I like it!

Everyday posters continue to follow one Sox fan around and accuse him of muliple names. They just don't like it when the tables are turned on them. And none of the usual suspects have EVER accused a Yankee fan of having multiple aliases. That's saying something considering this is a Sox board. There's a weird anti-Sox fan vibe here. And it's time that came to an end.

Btw, I saw you also enjoy chiming in on the Pats board. Who knew?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to LR3683paw's comment:

The most telling comment was made by RedSoxdirtDog who thinks that Softlaw works for BDC and is a foil for Moonslav. I said that three years ago.  Moonslav and Softlaw are like Edgar Bergin and Charlie McCarthy. They are a team - in Moonslav's head. They are one poster who plays two parts. It surely fools many fans and keeps them debating, thinking, and discussing baseball but it is still staged and insincere. the best part is how Moonslav the far left liberal also plays the part of Softlaw, the far right Conservative. Great entertainment for the gullible. Moonslav invented the perfect FOIL and his name is SOFTLAW.

U nuts

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Nobody should be banned for anything I have seen here. (I haven't read every word.)

While I disagree with almost every word softy posts, he should not be banned. He is annoying at times, but he does talk baseball often enough.

The thread starter here and his past personnas are another story all together. His posts that are not cut and pastes are about 90% nonbaseball. His obsession with disecting every poster's motives, team affiliation, or personality is more annoying and perhaps more deserving of censorship than anything short of personal attacks.

+1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I have to confess to enjoying this thread a bit more than I would like to admit....The upstairs-downstairs soap opera themed clique contours of the forum always seem to shift just enough to keep your interest...Will Kimsaysthis be nice or nasty to the shiftless troll...And will she bust their identity-thieving ways and out them as a poster with...OMG...more than one account???  That's riveting stuff....Will pike and moon ever bury the hatchet??  Will pike ever remove the hatchet from his head??? Will softy continue to be relatively mellow, or will he launch into a simultaneously homophobic, racist and misogynist rant.  Will he so unnerve the other more reasonable conservatives that they try to push him over the fiscal cliff? Perhaps most importantly, will any poster manage to be as droll and yet as non-patronizing and non-narcissistic as GPC? Greatness coupled with humility can come in all shapes and sizes, but on this forum...I doubt it....

As Cicero once opined about that "strawdog" conspirator Catiline: "O tempora, O mores!!!"  Or Dickens himself: "It was the best of forums, it was the worst of forums...."  

Bottom line: Downton Abbey, and its bored aristocrats, and even more boring servants, has nothing on the BDC forum...This is television the way I like it!

I believe you have your own category "The Excuse Me Troll"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

The most telling comment was made by RedSoxdirtDog who thinks that Softlaw works for BDC and is a foil for Moonslav. I said that three years ago.  Moonslav and Softlaw are like Edgar Bergin and Charlie McCarthy. They are a team - in Moonslav's head. They are one poster who plays two parts. It surely fools many fans and keeps them debating, thinking, and discussing baseball but it is still staged and insincere. the best part is how Moonslav the far left liberal also plays the part of Softlaw, the far right Conservative. Great entertainment for the gullible. Moonslav invented the perfect FOIL and his name is SOFTLAW.

U nuts

Steven - I'm sorry to see you've replaced your old avatar, that was one of my favourites here. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

U nuts

Steven - I'm sorry to see you've replaced your old avatar, that was one of my favourites here. 

Thx, I liked it too; done via a request by another poster who suggested I was disingenuous about my affilliation; not that a Mantle pic actually is

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:

U nuts

I liked it too; done via a request by another poster who suggested I was disingenuous about my affilliation.

every poster must have all of their team affilliates present in their avatar or suffer the wrath of kimsaysthis

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars's comment:

U nuts

Why are you using "favourites" when you say you're a transplant?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Greenpartycelt is another poster who's a Yankee fan that doesn't identify himself yet spreads his wisdom over many Boston fan boards. I don't get it. Why not identify yourself as a Yankee/NY fan? There has to be a reason. Is it so it looks like what you're saying about any given Boston team is being said by a Boston fan? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

The obsession with me continues......

I've lived here for over 20 years, one picks things things up....any other questions, stalker?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I've lived here for over 20 years, one picks things things up....any other questions, stalker?

What words are you going to forget how to spell next? I bet you sound like Madonna with your "English accent".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

What words are you going to forget how to spell next? I bet you sound like Madonna with your "English accent".

So now you want to know about my speaking voice, but you're not obsessed with me.  Gotcha.  People here ask how I can still have such a strong American accent after living over 20 years here.  Any other questions?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Anyone who denies or doesn't care that the world is polluted is a dumb-azz. Stop harping on Global Warming ..... is the world polluted or isn't it Bill

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

Anyone who denies or doesn't care that the world is polluted is a dumb-azz. Stop harping on Global Warming ..... is the world polluted or isn't it Bill

Bill probably reckons he's going to get raptured just before Jesus makes his reappearance. So I doubt it matters to him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

LOL   Very good!  +5

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

Unfortunately, the clock is running out for the polar bears and maple trees.

China, India and other developing countries aren't going to halt the use of fossil fuels anytime soon.

So, unless the US or scientist in other countries figure a way to reduce the CO2 levels, the envioronment, as we know it, is toast anyway.

I'm no climatetolgist, but, I'm guessing that considering the time it takes get an entire planet's climate moving in one direction, it'll be like trying to stop a semi truck from rolling down a hill, once it's going 20mph, by grabbing the bumper...

We could probably shut down all of our plants tomorrow and it'll still continue to get warmer.

So, sure, let's strangle our economy with over-regulation, and watch the environment go to hell anyway...

Invest in beach umbrellas folks...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

In response to mryazz's comment:

THERE is no one on this board who could hold "SOFTY'S JOCK"  !!!  And Gerome is a great poster & baseball man tooooo !!!

i doubt the soft one wears a jock. and if he does*, no one but you mr. bill would want to hold it.

* 2 peanut shells and a rubber band.

There ya go again......   Taking some harmless sport quotes and turning them into some "LIB/LEFT/SOC/RAD/MOONBAT CODE" to reflect a "hate trail" to destroy the oposition.......  SON, I would prefer that you just simply "give credit to where credit is due"  !!!

Nobody on this board is more willing to hold & sniff Stiffy's jock than Bill-69

Here's Stiffy's latest race baiting / demagogic comment....  What say you Bill-69

posted at 1/21/2013 2:28 PM EST

• Softlaw1
    • First: 11/16/2012
    • Last: 1/21/2013

Agree, no one cares about federal reminder of skin pigmentation day.

Bill-69 will excuse his boyfriend from anything :)   Oh, he likey!!!!

JUST IN CASE BILLY-806 / 69 TRIES TO IGNORE STIFFY'S POST, AS HE USUALLY DOES....  :)

SNIFF THIS BILLY BOY!

As taken out of the "PLAYBOOK" of the LIB/LEFT/SOC/RAD/MOONBATS that are hungup on global warming and the desire to "TRANSFORM " the USA into a 3rd world country !!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Talk about bizzare non sequiturs.......

The amazing IRONY here Billy Boy / 69 , is that with everything I've ever written on this board  you & Stiffy still try to paint me as a liberal, so as to avoid thinking about somebody on "your side" who thinks you're a brainless twit.  I'm a very fiscally conservative, socially moderate Republican.  Given the State of the Nation, with CRUSHING DEBT, out of control liberal spending, & a pathetic unemployment situation, those who are want to perseverate on Global Warming simply stun me!  Just like the mind numbed nuts on the ultra-far Right, like you & stiffy, who thrust away at all things racial or gay.  I could go on all day, but I'm not sure you'd get it anyway..... Your ability to pigeon-hole those with differing views into some amorphous far Left Wingnut is truly amazing.  You're like Don Quixote tilting at windmills. 

I simply don't like stupid people representing the party of Reagan.  MY party!  People like you & stiffy give ALL thinking conservative Republicans a bad name.  Your silly "As taken out of the "PLAYBOOK" of the LIB/LEFT/SOC/RAD/MOONBATS," attempt to deflect is sad. 

*My biggest problem with you?  You're bizzare love affair with all things Stiffy?  You still ignore THE ISSUE,  which was Stiffy's comment...... 

"Agree, no one cares about federal reminder of skin pigmentation day."    Said by the Stiffster in reference to Martin Luther King Day.

When you ignore, or simply choose not to acknowledge these racist quotes, again and again, one would be right to infer that you might second those sentiments.

p.s.  Do I think the stiff one should be banned?  NO!  Just a little sunshine as disinfectant.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Would love to hear the reasoning for why Georom should be banned. Though I often disagree with him and find his trademark negativity off-putting, BDC doesn't forbid being a pessimist as far as I know.

I wouldn't want to be on any board that was policed according to Pike's standards.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

Would love to hear the reasoning for why Georom should be banned. Though I often disagree with him and find his trademark negativity off-putting, BDC doesn't forbid being a pessimist as far as I know.

I wouldn't want to be on any board that was policed according to Pike's standards.

I agree

I'm not a fan of anyone being banned, Pike included.

An ignore feature sure would be nice though.

I don't know is reporting others, but unless a poster goes way over line, it's a wuss move.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

I agree

I'm not a fan of anyone being banned, Pike included.

An ignore feature sure would be nice though.

I don't know is reporting others, but unless a poster goes way over line, it's a wuss move.

Agreed,  limited to one screen name, as everyone should be. If you won't say what you want  under your own, maybe it shouldn't be.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Invest in beach umbrellas folks...

With the rising seas, the beaches may soon be in Colorado.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

There have been hundreds of posts banned over the last two weeks and not one of mine was. I tell you over and over again that I don't violate any forum rules. I am also not ninety-nine percent negative and pessimistic like Georom and Softlaw. There should more optimists and loyal fans here than the five that have to tolerate the continuous negativity by the majority. To enable them is just as good as being one of them. What is really wrong about Softlaw and Georom is that they are pretending. They both might be foils for Moonslav. redsoxdirtdog thinks so and I agree.

You may not be "negative", but you bring nothing to the debates. You rarely taljk baseball, as with this last post. Your obsession with other posters is unhealthy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

There have been hundreds of posts banned over the last two weeks and not one of mine was. I tell you over and over again that I don't violate any forum rules. I am also not ninety-nine percent negative and pessimistic like Georom and Softlaw. There should more optimists and loyal fans here than the five that have to tolerate the continuous negativity by the majority. To enable them is just as good as being one of them. What is really wrong about Softlaw and Georom is that they are pretending. They both might be foils for Moonslav. redsoxdirtdog thinks so and I agree.

You have never answered these two questions despite being asked dozens of times:

1. Why have you historically posted concurrently from multiple screen names; and
    2. How do you defend trying to expose posters' true identities?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

You may not be "negative", but you bring nothing to the debates. You rarely taljk baseball, as with this last post. Your obsession with other posters is unhealthy.

+1

Sections
Shortcuts