BDC and Softlaw and Georom

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: BDC and Softlaw and Georom

In response to LR3683paw's comment:

There have been hundreds of posts banned over the last two weeks and not one of mine was. I tell you over and over again that I don't violate any forum rules. I am also not ninety-nine percent negative and pessimistic like Georom and Softlaw. There should more optimists and loyal fans here than the five that have to tolerate the continuous negativity by the majority. To enable them is just as good as being one of them. What is really wrong about Softlaw and Georom is that they are pretending. They both might be foils for Moonslav. redsoxdirtdog thinks so and I agree.

To be clear.  I don't really care about the slim possibility of Moon using Stiffy as a contrived foil.  It may be true, but I could really care less.  I did posit the theory, when expressing my frustration with good posters, like moon, completely giving Stiffy a pass on his blatant racism.   The stiffy / moon Socratic baseball dialogue does make for some interesting baseball / Red Sox analysis, but to me Stiffy's socio-political views, which he CONSTANTLY interjects, makes the debate unreadable!!!  You marginalize yourself moon?    Like Churchill trying to reason with the likes of Hitler on football. (yes stiffy, that was an analogy, not calling you Hitler)  No harm in discussing the national pastime with a mate?

As for banning Stiffy & his diminutive toties, i.e. Bill-806/69, I completely oppose this!!!!!  I originally joined the debate to chastise Kimmy for her infernal whining about banning people for saying things she doesn't like.  I get so tired of her playing the alias police!  I do think it's important to call out the Stiffy's on hate speech whenever they do it!  Bill & the other toties don't spew the hate, but they give a wink & a nod while kissing his arsssse.

I do wonder why a liberal like Moon is so tolerant of some of the socio-political hate speech by the Stiff one???   Just a passing curiousity though.  I am also curious as to how Moon can call Stiffy a "great poster," when constantly being party to Stiffy's hate speech on all things racial, anything having to do with homosexuality, or general bigotry?  Do you think he's a great poster because he props you up as a foil?  Why knock this other guy for his perseverant thinking, when you always give Stiffy a pass on his obsessions? 

No offense moon, as you are a wealth of information visa vi all things baseball, but I do find it curious?  If Stiffy were Newt Gingrich, would you be calling him a great baseball poster?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I did posit the theory, when expressing my frustration with good posters, like moon, completely giving Stiffy a pass on his blatant racism.  

I have called the clown a racist, bigot, and more several times- hardly a free pass.

My views on freedom of speech do mean I condone his opinions.

I do wonder why a liberal like Moon is so tolerant of some of the socio-political hate speech by the Stiff one???

I am tolerant of any opinion. I am against censorship, unless it saves lives. softy hasn't killed anyone, yet , that i know of.

I am also curious as to how Moon can call Stiffy a "great poster," when constantly being party to Stiffy's hate speech on all things racial, anything having to do with homosexuality, or general bigotry?  Do you think he's a great poster because he props you up as a foil?  Why knock this other guy for his perseverant thinking, when you always give Stiffy a pass on his obsessions? 

You are as mistaken as softy always is with my positions. I have never called him a "great poster". Because I do not want him or anyone here banned does not make me a "party" of anything said by him or others.

Thinking I give softy a pass is blindness. nobody here exposes his lies, racism, bigotry, and just sheer clown dumbness more than I.

Have you read any of my posts?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Why knock this other guy for his perseverant thinking...

This is  a baseball forum. I'm not defending softy, but occaisonally, he does talk baseball, although he is wrong on every single position ever taken.

This "other guy" does nothing but pick apart other poster's motives, personalities, team affiliations along with adding conspiracy theories, cut and paste articles from months ago, and essentially nothing to do with baseball or the Sox.

I don't want him banned or censored either, but why not ask him to post about baseball, instead of worrying about why I post, or why I bother to respond to hate and bigotry, or why I happen to post at certain times of the day and not others. It's a joke. He's a joke. And, softy's a racist and bigot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

OK GIRLS,  THIS THREAD HAS BEEN EXAUSTED AND THEN SOME !!!    TIME TO MOVE ON !!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

This is  a baseball forum. I'm not defending softy, but occaisonally, he does talk baseball, although he is wrong on every single position ever taken.

This "other guy" does nothing but pick apart other poster's motives, personalities, team affiliations along with adding conspiracy theories, cut and paste articles from months ago, and essentially nothing to do with baseball or the Sox.

I don't want him banned or censored either, but why not ask him to post about baseball, instead of worrying about why I post, or why I bother to respond to hate and bigotry, or why I happen to post at certain times of the day and not others. It's a joke. He's a joke. And, softy's a racist and bigot.

While I respect the hell out of your baseball posting, & agree that you do call him out, I think your ongoing baseball debates with stiffy give him an implicit pass.  I respect you thinking otherwise, but that's the way I see it.  I simply won't engage him in any "normal" conversation, as I would find it a bit too much to debate with such a low life peice of _______.  As I've already explained, I loathe the likes of stiffy & Mr. Bill, who try to pass themselves off as your prototypical conservative Republican.  They paint the ugliest of all caricatures with respect to a once great party.  I want the party of Reagan & Lincoln BACK!  :)  Perhaps this is too personal for me??? 

No offense moon!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Most threads and posts should be about baseball and I agree with that. However an individual poster can be well read and express his opinions ( likes and dislikes)  on hotstove activity in a matter of a few days. Jump in here, express your opinions for all to digest and then jump back out. This isn't what keeps the forum going however. What happens is that most posters come here for conflict, debate, argument, and trashing other posters' opinions.  Many also come here pretending to be Red Sox fans and project false concerns that are designed to annoy others. Thus, you are debating someone needlessly who is toying with you. If that is supposed to be healthy baseball talk that you are deluding yourself.  You pound away at the keyboard and waste your time and effort so that Softlaw and Georom can be entertained at seeing you take the bait. Yes, great baseball talk. LOL.

You're a real help

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Hey moon, check out the post I made yesterday (around 5 PM) on the "3 bold predictions" thread.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

OK GIRLS,  THIS THREAD HAS BEEN EXAUSTED AND THEN SOME !!!    TIME TO MOVE ON !!!!

Doubtful Bill. I think this thread is going to go on for some time. That might not be a bad thing. Anyone who wants to comment on other posters now has a refuge in which to do so. Maybe more baseball and less of this will get discussed on the other threads.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Doubtful Bill. I think this thread is going to go on for some time. That might not be a bad thing. Anyone who wants to comment on other posters now has a refuge in which to do so. Maybe more baseball and less of this will get discussed on the other threads.

Doubtful

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Hey!  It's off season.  What better time to discuss Bills man crush on Stiffy??  :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

again ladies......  Learn to ignore.  If you don't like the topic, do as moon suggests & don't read it.

This is Kimmy & others biggest problem.  The out of control feeling they get when they can't shut down a discussion.  It's not enough to simply not read, they can't handle it being discussed by anyone. 

Actually, I can understand why Bill would not want his man crush being discussed. :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i should be banned because you need ten optimists to counter me?

did i have serious negative superpowers?

beyond dumb

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Two weeks ago I started about eight threads about our best prospects. each thread furnished a link to articles that were at most two days old. Several posters thanked me for providing them with information that they had not seen. It was good news about our promising farm system and former draft picks that were developing into blue chip prospects.

Often I start such threads since the forum is also supposed to be informative and enthusiastic. I haver NEVER linked to an article that was more than one week old.  Others do the opposite and do Google searches trying to dig up dirt about "their team", "their FO", and "their players". Someone has to negate that negativity and it is a losing battle since the forum is seventy percent pessimistic. It takes ten optimists just to negate DGalehouse, Andrewmitch, Zillagod, and Georom. Where is the good news? It is tough to find here. I also title my threads with non-controversial titles. Why promote conflict and pizzing matches. That is the role of Softlaw, Babe, and Georom.

Note to Redsoxdirtdog

• A foilis a secondary character who contrasts with a major character; in Hamlet, Laertes and Fortinbras, whose fathers have been killed, are foils for Hamlet.
    • For instance, in the BDC forum, Softlaw is a foil for Moonslav. They are opposites and thus the audience finds their back and forth mud slinging and heated debate to be very entertaining. All acting however just like a Shakespearean play. BDC is a stage, signifying nothing. However the gullible think that it is real, just like the WWF.

No worries!  I just love the sox & come here to find people who love following them too.  Most people I know can walk & chew gum at the same time.  They will be talking Red Sox one minute & politics the next.  Some guys can't handle it?  Time for some to grow a pair.

I don't really take the whole moon / Stiffy thing too seriously, just like to rant now & again.  Whoever stiffy is, his socio-political views deserve all the mockery & derision possible. 

Got the whole "foil" concept, as I brought it up.  Maybe?  Probably not.  Either way, I don't sweat the small stuff.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

While I respect the hell out of your baseball posting, & agree that you do call him out, I think your ongoing baseball debates with stiffy give him an implicit pass.  I respect you thinking otherwise, but that's the way I see it.  I simply won't engage him in any "normal" conversation, as I would find it a bit too much to debate with such a low life peice of _______.  As I've already explained, I loathe the likes of stiffy & Mr. Bill, who try to pass themselves off as your prototypical conservative Republican.  They paint the ugliest of all caricatures with respect to a once great party.  I want the party of Reagan & Lincoln BACK!  :)  Perhaps this is too personal for me??? 

No offense moon!

To me, you staying silent and not calling stiffy out is what is "giving him a pass".

Saying i give him a pass is the farthest thing from the truth.

I am against censorship. That is totally seperate from the stiffy issue.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

No offense moon!

To me, you staying silent and not calling stiffy out is what is "giving him a pass".

There are things that are not appropriate here or anywhere else. Among them are racism and bigotry. IMO if an individual here repeatedly exhibits that kind of language they deserve to be banned.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

No offense moon!

I was talking about giving him a pass by engaging him in normal debate on the Sox / baseball.  I too am completely against all censorship, but I personally don't like engaging bigots in meaningless / casual debate on normal subjects, such as baseball or he Sox.  When in the midst of engaging Stiffy in Sox / baseball talk, you generally don't call him out on the bigotry issue.  I get it, as it would be a non sequitur, but I simply can't address Stiffy in any normal conversation without pointing out his dispicable side. 

No probelmo!  To each his own.  I respect your decision to do that, & I've never called for Stiffy, or anybody else, to be banned.  That is a red herring.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Pumps,  "There are things that are not appropriate here or anywhere else. Among them are racism and bigotry. IMO if an individual here repeatedly exhibits that kind of language they deserve to be banned."

Strong argument!  I prefer sunshine as the disinfectant to such low forms of life as this fungus (Stiffy).

One might excuse a random slip of the tounge, but Stiffy spews hate on a daily basis.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Pumps,  "There are things that are not appropriate here or anywhere else. Among them are racism and bigotry. IMO if an individual here repeatedly exhibits that kind of language they deserve to be banned."

Strong argument!  I prefer sunshine as the disinfectant to such low forms of life as this fungus (Stiffy).

One might excuse a random slip of the tounge, but Stiffy spews hate on a daily basis.

To be honest, I have not paid much attention to what Softlaw says here when he gets into his political rants. Guess I should read more of that and see what he is saying. I also call out bigots when I recognize them. Its a fine line though....to make that determination. Guess that will be up to the mods. I hope they do not tolerate that nonsense here either.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Hi J-Bay

No BDC cannot help me. They have communicated with me quite a bit (more than I would expect, very nice of BDC). But because I forgot the email address I had used to register BurritoT they will only send the "new password" to the email on file. 

They may not have access to it, but someone was able to locate harness' from his screen name. You just had one email address for that account?

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

No offense moon!

There are things that are not appropriate here or anywhere else. Among them are racism and bigotry. IMO if an individual here repeatedly exhibits that kind of language they deserve to be banned.

You have a right to your opinion and the right to express is., but that's just my opinipo

Keeping racism and bigotry in the closet (softy will love that one) is not the way to end it or deal with it. It's better to confront it head on out in the open, but that is just my opinion and my approach. I'd never try and force it on anyone else like the author of this thread wants. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:

I have to confess to enjoying this thread a bit more than I would like to admit....The upstairs-downstairs soap opera themed clique contours of the forum always seem to shift just enough to keep your interest...Will Kimsaysthis be nice or nasty to the shiftless troll...And will she bust their identity-thieving ways and out them as a poster with...OMG...more than one account???  That's riveting stuff....Will pike and moon ever bury the hatchet??  Will pike ever remove the hatchet from his head??? Will softy continue to be relatively mellow, or will he launch into a simultaneously homophobic, racist and misogynist rant.  Will he so unnerve the other more reasonable conservatives that they try to push him over the fiscal cliff? Perhaps most importantly, will any poster manage to be as droll and yet as non-patronizing and non-narcissistic as GPC? Greatness coupled with humility can come in all shapes and sizes, but on this forum...I doubt it....

As Cicero once opined about that "strawdog" conspirator Catiline: "O tempora, O mores!!!"  Or Dickens himself: "It was the best of forums, it was the worst of forums...."  

Bottom line: Downton Abbey, and its bored aristocrats, and even more boring servants, has nothing on the BDC forum...This is television the way I like it!

i disagree. DOWNTON ABBEY has better writers. in realistic terms, this board has more in common with AMERICAN IDOL. neither is of much significance.

Downturn Abbey with better writers than here on the forum??...Heresy...Absolute heresy mryazz....There are more plot twists accompanied by the weeping and gnashing of teeth in one BDC thread than there are in 10 episodes of Downtown Rabble....As far as the American Idol comparison, who actually is the current leading "BDC Idol" in your humble opinion...Inquiring minds...

24. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts