2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: BDC deleted my first posting of this,so we'll try it again

In response to slasher9's comment:

this post has not been removed

nor should it be because that avatar is great

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

But, but .... but ......I thought is was BOSTON that was racist .... You mean it might be there are OTHER places where.....?

I dunno .... this really throws curve at - or banana skin under - my understanding of the world ... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Christ ol'midey the Kalish injury OP was deleted! It is time to stand up in unison here!!!!

Someone should start a thread (though it will probably get deleted) about having a protest day of silence....no posting.  It's totally crazy now that they started deleting posts that don't break the rules. 

[/QUOTE]

HAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!   What a thought.   I nominate you Cal .... we'll join in and quickly be deleted w/you!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

southpaw, i think the real problem in all of this is how come bananas were on sale at any cart at any MLB stadium....think about it. Racist to think about it? Right. So you stop the potential of that behavior by stop selling bananas at MLB or any sporting event involving black athletes. End of story.

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/13/sport/orioles-jones-banana-incident/?hpt=us_c2

(CNN) -- A San Francisco Giants fan who threw a banana that landed near Baltimore Orioles centerfielder Adam Jones during a weekend game said the incident was not racially motivated, but an act of frustration at his team's poor performance.

Alexander Poulides told the San Jose Mercury News that he's embarrassed and shocked, but most of all apologetic for his "indiscretion."

Poulides said he was unaware of the uproar until Monday morning when he turned on the news. His heart sank when heard the outcry over an unidentified Giants fan who threw a banana at Jones, who is African-American.

"Oh, my God,'' Poulides said. "I threw a banana on my way out."

That's when he contacted the newspaper to claim responsibility.

"I'm embarrassed and shocked by the outcome,'' he said. "In hindsight, I wish I didn't do it and I apologize. I'm very sorry."

Poulides grabbed the banana from a catering cart, tossing it on the field, he said. The fruit became a projectile of disgust during the ninth inning of a blowout loss on Sunday to the Orioles at AT&T Park.

[/QUOTE]

Good grief!  This PC thing has gone way too far.  I don't agree with throwing anything on the field but this type of behavior has been going on for years.  There was a time in NY when it was dangerous for sox players in the outfield because of all the things being thrown on the field.  It may have been true for yank players at fenway also. 

So if anything fell near a sox or yank player who was black that was racism?  If you boo a player from an opposing team who is black or even your own player who is black you are a racist.  If you don't like ortiz going nuts in the dugout your racist.  Unbelievable!!!

I can't believe how thin skined and PC everyone is.

Maybe the guy picked up the bananna peel and fliped it onto the field.  It probably landed by adam jones by accident because I don't think a flying bananna peel is easy to aim Wink

Fenway is a wonderful old fashioned ball park with great baseball food.  That can't be said for other parks.  I see my games at camden yards where they have lots of private rooms with catered food.  I have seen food sitting on those catering carts that you wouldn't see in the stands.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Go Bananas, folks, go bananas! (best Jack Buck impression insert)