Be honest: Did Jeter make the right call?: picks quality time with girlfriend Minka Kelly in Miami over MLB All-Star Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Re: Be honest: Did Jeter make the right call?: picks quality time with girlfriend Minka Kelly in Miami over MLB All-Star Game

Defending the indefensible!
    What a joke!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Re: Be honest: Did Jeter make the right call?: picks quality time with girlfriend Minka Kelly in Miami over MLB All-Star Game

In Response to Re: Be honest: Did Jeter make the right call?: picks quality time with girlfriend Minka Kelly in Miami over MLB All-Star Game:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be honest: Did Jeter make the right call?: picks quality time with girlfriend Minka Kelly in Miami over MLB All-Star Game : While I would have liked Jeter to go I don't think he had to be there for the fans.  The fans he plays in for and in front of are in NY and that is who he celebrated his 3,000th hit with.  I don't think this story is that big of deal, as for did he make the right decision?  Minka Kelly any day of the week, its a no-brainer.
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]

What he did was a major baseball accomplishment. Some of us are baseball fans and can see past our team allegiance, and appreciate what he did. I realize that you couldn't do the same for a sox player.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

Jeter made the right call for Jeter. He made the right call for the Yankees. MLB would surely have preferred otherwise, but nobody else really cares one way or the other. The media is simply looking for a story -- that is their job.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Re: Be honest: Did Jeter make the right call?: picks quality time with girlfriend Minka Kelly in Miami over MLB All-Star Game:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be honest: Did Jeter make the right call?: picks quality time with girlfriend Minka Kelly in Miami over MLB All-Star Game : What he did was a major baseball accomplishment. Some of us are baseball fans and can see past our team allegiance, and appreciate what he did. I realize that you couldn't do the same for a sox player.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

No honestly if a Sox player just got his 3,000th hit and didn't go to the all-star game I wouldn't see an issue with it.  Some on this board just want to complain about Jeter, if he had gone how he didn't deserve it and now that he didn't he should have.  I can care less and wouldn't if it were a Sox player, this is just about taking shots at Jeter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]Rivera and Sabathia made the same decision.  Maybe they are protesting the immigration law after all.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

ha ha very good slomag

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]Jeter made the right call for Jeter. He made the right call for the Yankees. MLB would surely have preferred otherwise, but nobody else really cares one way or the other. The media is simply looking for a story -- that is their job.
    Posted by thirtysomething[/QUOTE]

The media is simply looking for a story -- that is their job.

that would be the media & some of RSN val

that's their way ;-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

Well, I must admit it is tempting to seize any opportunity to take a few cheap shots at the Yankees!

But the Red Sox are in first place, so I'll take the high road this week.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]I once thought he was a class act.....not anymore. He has disrespected the fans who voted him in and should be ashamed of himself.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

i agree; his petite girlfriend? should bit ch slap him.
    never confuse millionaires with class.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Bottom line: Only five players no-showed the game. Four of them were Yankees. Coincidence????

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be honest: Did Jeter make the right call?: picks quality time with girlfriend Minka Kelly in Miami over MLB All-Star Game : i agree; his petite girlfriend? should bit ch slap him. never confuse millionaires with class.
    Posted by the_yazzer[/QUOTE]

Given how most of the world thinks he does have class; here's guessing he's not thinking "Yazzer thinks I don't class; I can't sleep knowing this".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Bottom line: Only five players no-showed the game. Four of them were Yankees. Coincidence????
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Maybe, if there's some plot involved, but I do know you've posted this four or five times.  Just an excuse to vent something Anti-Yankee.  Do you have this in a paste buffer somewhere? Give it a rest. Is Lester one of the five BTW? That would allow for nobody else. Are these numbers accurate? Because I heard there was about 23 no-shows; which not only makes you a repetitive whining drone, but FOS as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be honest: Did Jeter make the right call?: picks quality time with girlfriend Minka Kelly in Miami over MLB All-Star Game : Yeah? I'm sure the players who felt is was an honor to be there feel the same way.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]
    They made their choices, and Jeter made his.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]I think he should have been there. The fans wanted to see him and congratulate him on number 3,000. He just got a nice rest on the DL. Surprised he made this decision.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

I agree, he should have been there.

I understand that Jeter is exhausted and wants to rest, but I'm guessing most players are pretty tired and beat up a bit and would like to rest also.  The ASG is about the fans and about baseball.  The fans probably wanted to see him above any other player.  Poor decision not to go, IMO.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be honest: Did Jeter make the right call?: picks quality time with girlfriend Minka Kelly in Miami over MLB All-Star Game : Maybe, if there's some plot involved, but I do know you've posted this four or five times.  Just an excuse to vent something Anti-Yankee.  Do you have this in a paste buffer somewhere? Give it a rest. Is Lester one of the five BTW? That would allow for nobody else. Are these numbers accurate? Because I heard there was about 23 no-shows; which not only makes you a repetitive whining drone, but FOS as well.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]
    You just can't take it , can you?  What I posted is a fact, plain and simple. You just don't like it. So, your reponse is to get nasty and call names? How impressive. You just reveal yourself as the phony that you are. And Lester was there. There were five no shows. Jeter, ARod, Mariano, Sabathia and Chipper Jones. Everyone else showed up , even if they were unable to play. Of course, if you had actually watched the game, you would know that, you phony.  Maybe you should just try and grow up and at least be respectful to other posters. Of course, you could always go and start another one of those silly, nonsensical, make believe fantasy threads that you seem to love. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I really don't care that much, but I felt like he should have been there.  Cal Ripken put it best when he said even though he didn't feel like he deserved to be at his last AS game he felt like he had an obligation to the fans to show.....It's our money buying tickets, hats and Jerseys that pay there multi-million dollar salaries so he could have shown his face...didn't have to play but he should have been there.  

Like I said I don't have super strong feelings on this issue and won't argue my point to the death, but in my opinion he owes it to the fans. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Dudes, please stop with the "RSN" all inclusive BS when accusing others ... to include all of us in your statements is really a bunch of crap.  It starts fights, like the one I want to start now. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Be honest: Did Jeter make the right call?: picks quality time with girlfriend Minka Kelly in Miami over MLB All-Star Game:
    [QUOTE]Derek Jeter is photographed on the streets of Miami with his girlfriend, Minka Kelly.  If you were Derek Jeter would you spend All Star break with:    Minka Kelly on the beach   Sweaty men in a baseball locker room     by Nancy Dillon/New York Daily News   Yankees superstar Derek Jeter apparently chose downtime with some major league beauties over an appearance at the   All-Star Game festivities in Phoenix.   
    Posted by Jete02fann[/QUOTE]
    FRANKLY I WOULD use my position and leverage to UPGRADE to a mila kunis or hope solo!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be honest: Did Jeter make the right call?: picks quality time with girlfriend Minka Kelly in Miami over MLB All-Star Game : You just can't take it , can you?  What I posted is a fact, plain and simple. You just don't like it. So, your reponse is to get nasty and call names? How impressive. You just reveal yourself as the phony that you are. And Lester was there. There were five no shows. Jeter, ARod, Mariano, Sabathia and Chipper Jones. Everyone else showed up , even if they were unable to play. Of course, if you had actually watched the game, you would know that, you phony.  Maybe you should just try and grow up and at least be respectful to other posters. Of course, you could always go and start another one of those silly, nonsensical, make believe fantasy threads that you seem to love. 
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

LOL, since you're obsessed with this silly factoid, it seems you're the one who can't take it. Keep that paste buffer going so you can continue to vent, erroneous or not. And that really wasn't name calling (whining drone), it was an assessment of a wonderful quality of yours. Name calling is when you call somebody a Jerk or an Idiot, or something worse. Not that you ARE, mind you, LOL. And I seem to get plenty of hits and other posters have even made new large threads from my casting call idea, while I believe after 5 appearances of this brilliant post, I was the 1st to respond; hence your popularity has gone up infinitely. All you wanted was a little attention: I was glad to oblige.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be honest: Did Jeter make the right call?: picks quality time with girlfriend Minka Kelly in Miami over MLB All-Star Game : Given how most of the world thinks he does have class; here's guessing he's not thinking  "Yazzer thinks I don't class; I can't sleep knowing this".
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

perhaps you're the petite girlfriend?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be honest: Did Jeter make the right call?: picks quality time with girlfriend Minka Kelly in Miami over MLB All-Star Game : perhaps you're the petite girlfriend?

If only ...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]I really don't care that much, but I felt like he should have been there.  Cal Ripken put it best when he said even though he didn't feel like he deserved to be at his last AS game he felt like he had an obligation to the fans to show.....It's our money buying tickets, hats and Jerseys that pay there multi-million dollar salaries so he could have shown his face...didn't have to play but he should have been there.   Like I said I don't have super strong feelings on this issue and won't argue my point to the death, but in my opinion he owes it to the fans. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

you're right; without the fans paying, jeter isn't a multi-millionaire. instead of dating the  pretty bimbo he's with now, he'd be dating a roseanne barr look-a-like.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be honest: Did Jeter make the right call?: picks quality time with girlfriend Minka Kelly in Miami over MLB All-Star Game : you're right; without the fans paying, jeter isn't a multi-millionaire. instead of dating the  pretty bimbo he's with now, he'd be dating a roseanne barr look-a-like.

Women think he's pretty good looking, and if he wasn't a ballplayer, it's a good guess he's be successful doing something else; what about the other ballplayers?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]Dudes, please stop with the "RSN" all inclusive BS when accusing others ... to include all of us in your statements is really a bunch of crap.  It starts fights, like the one I want to start now. 
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

point taken soxmeister

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Dudes, please stop with the "RSN" all inclusive BS when accusing others ... to include all of us in your statements is really a bunch of crap.  It starts fights, like the one I want to start now. 
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

Agreed; I've learned if I am critical (Not that that's a good thing), not to stereotype.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]I really don't care that much, but I felt like he should have been there.  Cal Ripken put it best when he said even though he didn't feel like he deserved to be at his last AS game he felt like he had an obligation to the fans to show.....It's our money buying tickets, hats and Jerseys that pay there multi-million dollar salaries so he could have shown his face...didn't have to play but he should have been there.   Like I said I don't have super strong feelings on this issue and won't argue my point to the death, but in my opinion he owes it to the fans. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

There's some truth to this, I guess. Once again, I'm sure he was drained. However, a poll in the NY Post showed that 57% felt he should have gone, and this is a NY Poll, mind you. His reputation has taken a hit. Some also complained when he missed Bob Sheppard's funeral. Here's guessing, realizing he can't be all things to all people, he has to worry about himself, he has no regrets, and figures it'll blow over. (I'm sure hostile fans shall remind him, however, especially at the Fens.) He could have donated his 500K bonus however, or offered to help out this kid with the ball. (Contrast this to what Maris did, who was making 40K at the time; maybe that's 200K+ now.) That bothers me.