Be honest: Did Jeter make the right call?: picks quality time with girlfriend Minka Kelly in Miami over MLB All-Star Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

Re: Be honest: Did Jeter make the right call?: picks quality time with girlfriend Minka Kelly in Miami over MLB All-Star Game

If that's his girlfriend, YES.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kirbyrob. Show kirbyrob's posts

Re: Be honest: Did Jeter make the right call?: picks quality time with girlfriend Minka Kelly in Miami over MLB All-Star Game

After seeing Beckett tighten up last night.....NOOOOO Fan of the Yankees wanted Jeter in Arizona.

Jeter can't win. He's old. He's washed up. He's on the downside of his career...Not an All Star. How many Yankee Haters have been saying that for 3 or so years??

LOTS.

Less than a WEEK after coming off the DL, dealing with the MEDIA, which EVERYONE knows doesn't .....shut.....up....(Casey Anthony trial anyone??) Jeter made the right call for himself. Go wherever you gotta go, and rest up. He's got 81 days of games to go.

People roll their eyes with Jeter. "Oh, here he goes again, a Robot, All Politically correct". Had he gone to Arizona, he woulda been targeted by the Press as taking time from the Game to tip his hat to the Crowd.

The same crowd that Boo'd Prince the other night, and all the Yankees back in 2001.

The All Star Game is a joke. The Playoff push isn't. Derek isn't the first, nor is he the last (your Beloved MANNY anyone??) To bail on the AS Game.

That is all.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Re: Be honest: Did Jeter make the right call?: picks quality time with girlfriend Minka Kelly in Miami over MLB All-Star Game:
    [QUOTE]After seeing Beckett tighten up last night.....NOOOOO Fan of the Yankees wanted Jeter in Arizona. Jeter can't win. He's old. He's washed up. He's on the downside of his career...Not an All Star. How many Yankee Haters have been saying that for 3 or so years?? LOTS. Less than a WEEK after coming off the DL, dealing with the MEDIA, which EVERYONE knows doesn't .....shut.....up....(Casey Anthony trial anyone??) Jeter made the right call for himself. Go wherever you gotta go, and rest up. He's got 81 days of games to go. People roll their eyes with Jeter. "Oh, here he goes again, a Robot, All Politically correct". Had he gone to Arizona, he woulda been targeted by the Press as taking time from the Game to tip his hat to the Crowd. The same crowd that Boo'd Prince the other night, and all the Yankees back in 2001. The All Star Game is a joke. The Playoff push isn't. Derek isn't the first, nor is he the last (your Beloved MANNY anyone??) To bail on the AS Game. That is all.
    Posted by kirbyrob[/QUOTE]
    Logic involved with Yankee business on the most part does not apply to RSN.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Be honest: Did Jeter make the right call?: picks quality time with girlfriend Minka Kelly in Miami over MLB All-Star Game:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be honest: Did Jeter make the right call?: picks quality time with girlfriend Minka Kelly in Miami over MLB All-Star Game : LOL, since you're obsessed with this silly factoid, it seems you're the one who can't take it. Keep that paste buffer going so you can continue to vent, erroneous or not. And that really wasn't name calling (whining drone), it was an assessment of a wonderful quality of yours. Name calling is when you call somebody a Jerk or an Idiot, or something worse. Not that you ARE, mind you, LOL. And I seem to get plenty of hits and other posters have even made new large threads from my casting call idea, while I believe after 5 appearances of this brilliant post, I was the 1st to respond; hence your popularity has gone up infinitely. All you wanted was a little attention: I was glad to oblige.  
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]
    I just posted what is a simple fact.  If you wish to defend the missing Yankee players, feel free to do so. But don't tell me that I am " F.O.S. " , when you did not even watch the game and don't know what the facts are.  Also, " repetitive whining drone " really is name calling, and not much appreciated.  I am a long time baseball fan and I think I know the game as well as anyone. I don't mind debating any basball topics.  You, as a Yankee fan on a Red Sox forum , should realize that there will be anti Yankee comments, from time to time.  I am not looking to create any animosity, but I still feel that your response was out of line.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be honest: Did Jeter make the right call?: picks quality time with girlfriend Minka Kelly in Miami over MLB All-Star Game : I just posted what is a simple fact.  If you wish to defend the missing Yankee players, feel free to do so. But don't tell me that I am " F.O.S. " , when you did not even watch the game and don't know what the facts are.  Also, " repetitive whining drone " really is name calling, and not much appreciated.  I am a long time baseball fan and I think I know the game as well as anyone. I don't mind debating any basball topics.  You, as a Yankee fan on a Red Sox forum , should realize that there will be anti Yankee comments, from time to time.  I am not looking to create any animosity, but I still feel that your response was out of line.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

You're right, and I apologize. (It was 23 players who didn't play, I believe.) But you could give it a rest. As far as defending Jeter is concerned, I kind of critiqued him about 1/2 hour ago here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

I know the game as well as anyone. I don't mind debating any basball topics.

so why not address my response 2U on the  thread tittled

What would be a better way to determine home-field advantage in the World Series than winning the All-Star Game?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Let's see now, Minka or playing in All-Star game.....He made the right choice!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Are you people serious? Big deal Jeter didnt go to the All Star game. It's not the end of the world. He just came off the DL. Maybe he didnt want to reinjure his knee. He is just taking time off to relax and get ready for the 2nd half when it counts the most.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

No wonder Jeter is "fatigued"...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Thanks Steven & Zak ....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be honest: Did Jeter make the right call?: picks quality time with girlfriend Minka Kelly in Miami over MLB All-Star Game : You just can't take it , can you?  What I posted is a fact, plain and simple. You just don't like it. So, your reponse is to get nasty and call names? How impressive. You just reveal yourself as the phony that you are. And Lester was there. There were five no shows. Jeter, ARod, Mariano, Sabathia and Chipper Jones. Everyone else showed up , even if they were unable to play. Of course, if you had actually watched the game, you would know that, you phony.  Maybe you should just try and grow up and at least be respectful to other posters. Of course, you could always go and start another one of those silly, nonsensical, make believe fantasy threads that you seem to love. 
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]hey DGH, let me preface by saying Jeter should have gone, but just a thought on Alex(and Chipper)..i know it was arthro, but don't most doctors discourage air travel after surgery?.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

I personally would pick Minka over the All-star game.  But then, I wouldn't be playing in the All-Star game, just watching it.  Jeter disapponted me.  My admiration for him has been diminished, a lot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

He is a Yankee.
    He did something.

Ergo, it is wrong.

Which brings up the philosophical question:

If a husband says something, and his wife is not there, is he still wrong?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be honest: Did Jeter make the right call?: picks quality time with girlfriend Minka Kelly in Miami over MLB All-Star Game : You're right, and I apologize. (It was 23 players who didn't play, I believe.) But you could give it a rest. As far as defending Jeter is concerned, I kind of critiqued him about 1/2 hour ago here.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]
    Sure. No need to apologize. In fact, I think Jeter is a great player and a good guy. I have no intention of belaboring the point of his skipping the game.  Actually, I did not post it as many times as you say. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be honest: Did Jeter make the right call?: picks quality time with girlfriend Minka Kelly in Miami over MLB All-Star Game : hey DGH, let me preface by saying Jeter should have gone, but just a thought on Alex(and Chipper)..i know it was arthro, but don't most doctors discourage air travel after surgery?.....
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]
    True. ARod and Chipper did have surgery.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]I know the game as well as anyone. I don't mind debating any basball topics. so why not address my response 2U on the  thread tittled What would be a better way to determine home-field advantage in the World Series than winning the All-Star Game?
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]
    Sorry, I did not notice your response. I guess my point is that MLB should not try and make the game seem more important to the fans when it is obvious that it is not that important to the players and managers.  Personally, I like the All Star Game. Watched every pitch last night.  As for the World Series, I think the fairest thing is to rotate the home field advantage, as was done in the past.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be honest: Did Jeter make the right call?: picks quality time with girlfriend Minka Kelly in Miami over MLB All-Star Game : Sure. No need to apologize. In fact, I think Jeter is a great player and a good guy. I have no intention of belaboring the point of his skipping the game.  Actually, I did not post it as many times as you say. 
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

I think it was 3; whatever, let's move on.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

IMO, Jeter owes nothing to the fans except his best effort. They pay voluntarily to watch him play baseball. How many do you think would not have paid to watch the All-Star Game had they known he would be absent? Fans derive enjoyment from baseball even away from the field -- on sports boards and forums, for instance, or by wearing sports regalia, even away from the park, which they pay for voluntarily. One way or another, fans must think they are getting their money's worth -- or attendance would shrink a lot.  
    Nor did Jeter "disrespect" baseball.  He shows his respect for the game every time he takes the field -- when he is ready and able.  On this occasion, he didn't think he was either. He thought he needed a rest.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]IMO, Jeter owes nothing to the fans except his best effort. They pay voluntarily to watch him play baseball. How many do you think would not have paid to watch the All-Star Game had they known he would be absent? Fans derive enjoyment from baseball even away from the field -- on sports boards and forums, for instance, or by wearing sports regalia, even away from the park, which they pay for voluntarily. One way or another, fans must think they are getting their money's worth -- or attendance would shrink a lot.   Nor did Jeter "disrespect" baseball.  He shows his respect for the game every time he takes the field -- when he is ready and able.  On this occasion, he didn't think he was either. He thought he needed a rest.  
    Posted by expitch[/QUOTE]

And FWIW, he often played while he was hurt his whole career; similar to Damon; so there are shades of gray here.